How Much Spending Money Ensures a Good Vacation in Pattaya?

Inspire

2 minutes ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

There will always be idiots looking down on people with less money to spend. Do they also realize that richer people can look down on them also?

Don't think it's got a lot to do with finances. More a case of why would anyone pick that as a life style type comment.

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Your prices are too high on just about every thing...

Baht Bus 200 a day?? 

Foot massage 300?? try 100-150

Thai food 300?? way lower

Western food 1000?? I guess if you eat at Hooters every meal..

Movie 700?? half this price

Lady drinks 2000 a hour??....Are you Japanese or what?

All the rest is way overpriced except the hotel....

Agreed aside from the lady drinks we didn't spend this a day on a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids under 10). Just to add another type of budget.

We did 4 nights in bangkok and 18 in Pattaya... accomodation and flights aside we spent 4000bht a day (strictly!) Ate a lot at street food market Rhompo or from passing traders - kids prefer to graze all day anyway rather than be overfaced with a restaurant meal and one child is Thai so quite happt to eat whenever opportunity presents. 

Food per day approx 600bht

Drinks 1000 to 1500 bht 

We used baht buses eveywhere including to bang saray 40bht per trip in Patts 80bht for further usually around 200bht day for transport.

Occasional restaurant meal with drinks 1000bht.

Usually out til 10ish at night drinking and spending on market stuff for the girls who now haggle better than me.

We had pool days in between so free (apart from 2 or 3 big changs from mom and pop and chicken rice) and saved what we didn't spend for days out.

To get home once dark we needed taxi to avoid the now savage soi dogs and from 2nd road Jomtien to top of Thepprasit between 80 and 150bht depending on how nice the driver was and how much i could be bothered to argue (either taxi or empty baht bus)

Hubby had a night out in Patts with our friend there and blew 5000. We had a night out together, first bar on 2nd road (Toy bar) watched a band, bought one drink and girls were straight into us for drinks, we left after 1 round which was about 600bht. Girls played us when we were too sober and too quickly. Rest of bars we stayed longer spent more and didn't mind getting our server a drink or 2. Spent about 6000 that night with a meal. So i can see how it racks up if that's the holiday you're going for.

We visited tiger park, art in paradise, sanctuary of truth, pattaya park, mimosa(don't bother), big buddha, koh Larn. (Off topic but in Bangkok, Dusit Zoo, Wat Pho, wat Arun)

So in short a really great budget holiday can be had if you look for the bargains.

21 hours ago, saakura said:

Lots of farang mongers living the high life in 400 baht fan rooms, eating curry rice in lotus food courts and  cheap beach road ladyboy prostitutes. 1500 to 2000 bahts a day?

I would take 1500 to 2000 BATHS a day if that was my life.

23 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

1st - learn the difference between a John and a monger.

2nd - there are many guest houses and mansions that offer weekly rates.

3rd - join a Monger forum.

Well, most are just "John's". Isn't there any schooling available (classes) to advance from a "John" to a certified H-Monger? Most people have a natural urge to climb up the career-ladder.
Cheers.

I would say for a Newbie for 13 nights in Pattaya, bring $5000.00  and if you spend it all, then you know you had a good time, in this day and age - I also recommend a pre-paid Visa Card to draw money when you need it - this way you won't lose the cash to the first hooker that robs you.

I can crack a hotel safe in about 30 seconds, an IT Savy hooker can get in there in about 15. 

OP said it, all depends on what you want to do, and where you stay.

In the early 80s I came for 3 weeks a few times a year with a TB5000 a day budget, but I wasn't exactly living the high life, just enjoying the holiday.

Two weeks now, without knowing what he wants to do I'd say: If this is his 1st time make sure you have access to funds if you run out of what you bring, but forget traveler's cheques, exchange rate is to high, use an online bank transfer.

:welcomeani: to the land of rip offs...

On 26/08/2017 at 6:50 PM, observer90210 said:

Looks like inflation has caught up...as much as with "short time" and "long time"!!..:cheesy:

Soon it will be cheaper to live and rent (whatever one wants to rent :sleep:), in Spain or other places in Europe, the Carribean or in neighbouring asian countries!!?

But not as much fun if you want girls, sex, romance, love, perversions, complications,  interactions, etc etc. If you don't want poontang then yeah....there are other places.

4 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I would say for a Newbie for 13 nights in Pattaya, bring $5000.00  and if you spend it all, then you know you had a good time, in this day and age - I also recommend a pre-paid Visa Card to draw money when you need it - this way you won't lose the cash to the first hooker that robs you.

I can crack a hotel safe in about 30 seconds, an IT Savy hooker can get in there in about 15. 

Good idea, but limit the withdrawal amount to avoid losing the lot first night!

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, The manic said:

But not as much fun if you want girls, sex, romance, love, perversions, complications,  interactions, etc etc. If you don't want poontang then yeah....there are other places.

you do have many points here, but all the lovely issues to cite are quite available all over the world now...with the complimentary hassles in the package naturally!!

17 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

But if what you said were to be true you would lose the card anyway.

53 minutes ago, The manic said:

But if what you said were to be true you would lose the card anyway.

Maybe, but they would also need the PIN to get anything out of it, You can get cash only pre-paid Visa Cards - so they can only be used in AM's, not on-line  -  I carry my card separate from everything else, also cash in all kinds of places as well.   :thumbsup:

No amount of money can ensure a good time.  It's the attitude that does that.  Good running buddies are also a big help.

I recall some of my best times when I was a kid.  We had almost no money and yet we still had a blast going from one disaster to the next for the entire holiday.  We're still laughing 40 years later.  

Then I got married.  Suddenly, harsh toilet paper or noisy air conditioning was almost enough to ruin a holiday to some of the most beautiful country God put on the earth.

Edited by impulse

I would say you are going to need a minimum of 50,000 baht and a couple of credit cards if you need a boost.

When I visited 15 years ago, I spent 30,000 baht for my two week vacation to Pattaya and Bangkok. On my second holiday 12 years ago I spent 45,000 and 10,000 on my credit card.

Just remember when you start hitting the credit card be aware that you're going to have to work hard to pay it back with interest.

If you're familiar with the area you will spemd less money because you can avoid the tourist traps. Paying for cheaper drinks and food. First timers will spend a lot more.