Village head seeks help for two poor siblings in Chon Buri

rooster59

Village head seeks help for two poor siblings in Chon Buri

By The Nation

A village headman in Chon Buri’s Si Racha district has appealed for the public to help a sister and a brother abandoned by their mother and totally dependent on hands-out from neighbours to survive.

The plight of the two siblings became known after the head teacher of a third-grade class at Ban Surasak School noticed that one of his students, Narong Klinhom, 9, had a miserable look when he came to school.

The teacher went to the house and found Narong was living with his disabled sister, Kannikar Klinhom, 17, at their collapsing old wooden house in Moo 5 village in Tambon Khansong.

The teacher then alerted the village head, Banphot Salabsee, to urgently help the two siblings.

Banphot discovered that the children’s mother Or Sudklai, 37, had left them four or five months ago to live with her new husband. She had also taken Kannikar’s savings book and an ATM card with her. The account had been credited Bt800 a month by the government as Kannikar’s disability allowance.

Banphot said the land the two are living on has been mortgaged with a local businessman by their father, who had died. The land had been seized but the businessman allowed the two children to live continue living there.

The village head said the sister is suffering from a medical disorder, robbing her of the ability to control her urination and requiring her to wear adult diaper at all times. This leaves her too embarrassed to leave home to find a job. Moreover, her legs had been disfigured due to an operation at the Ao Udom Hospital when she was two.

Banphot said he provided immediate help to the two by giving them rice, dried foods, adult diapers and a sum of money. He had coordinated with the Tambon Khao Khansong Administrative Organisation to change the account to which the Bt800 monthly allowance will be credited.

Kannikar said she wished to be cured of the urination disorder so that she could work to send her brother to school.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30324973

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-27

Some people here just takes the big price in mean behaviour. Even children are looked upon as something that I just can throw away when I want.

Let´s hope her new husband kills her for no reason at all. Just like it always is when they don´t get like they want.

words fail me

surely the (so called) mothers actions come under some sort of law, she abandoned the children and is stealing the disability payments that were very obviously meant for the daughter, the police should be involved in this.

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Some people here just takes the big price in mean behaviour. Even children are looked upon as something that I just can throw away when I want.

Let´s hope her new husband kills her for no reason at all. Just like it always is when they don´t get like they want.

Although I agree, he will, more than likely, be as bad as her.

Sad, very sad.

Unfortunate that the Nation Newspaper did not give enough details that the general public could also help.

How about finding out what it would take to cure the older sisters ailment, if possible, and how about maybe finding a way that we could pitch in.

A small amount of money from a few hundred readers could turn this whole situation around.

Edited by NoBrainer

I sent a message to Rooster59  requesting a follow up giving contact information so something can be done for these poor kids.
There are many poor in need, but these kids are in my "neighborhood" of Chon Buri.
Per Nobrainer's post abovew, "How about finding out what it would take to cure the older sisters ailment, if possible, and how about maybe finding a way that we could pitch in."
It would be nice if someone had a look at the falling down wooden house, and made sure the little boy has whatever he needs for school.
The village headman sounds like a righteous man. Perhaps he would be willing to undertake administration of donations.

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

I sent a message to Rooster59  requesting a follow up giving contact information so something can be done for these poor kids.
There are many poor in need, but these kids are in my "neighborhood" of Chon Buri.
Per Nobrainer's post abovew, "How about finding out what it would take to cure the older sisters ailment, if possible, and how about maybe finding a way that we could pitch in."
It would be nice if someone had a look at the falling down wooden house, and made sure the little boy has whatever he needs for school.
The village headman sounds like a righteous man. Perhaps he would be willing to undertake administration of donations.

Completely agree to your post, except for the last 2 sentences.

The older sister needs to have an account in her name, controlled only by her, to which interested parties could make a small deposit from time to time.

This is heartbreaking but probably not rare.

Are there no grandparents? Mother's siblings? Father's family? If they are up country maybe they don't know? No child of 9 should be a carer, and the sister's affliction robs her of her modesty... it seems the mother was neglectful at best before she left. 

I'd be happy to donate, being in the UK means i don't feel I could help further. And I would if there... i fear a similar fate would have have befallen my little sister when our father died in Chonburi if left to mother's hands. She lives with me now but I shudder to think.

Maybe a local hospital or doctor would be willing to help? Does something like the Father ray foundation help in such cases and I don't mean taking the 9 yo into care. Wow you just feel so useless.