Authorities could not stop Yingluck escaping, says Prawit

webfact

10 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Obviously the red bull fugitive picked her up at her house in a new red ferrari and nobody noticed as he drove her to the airport to fly off to singapore together.....

Posters are bound to know what really happened to put the record straight be it bad for the Military or not---we want to know.    ( would like to know what % of posters with bad remarks about the authorities actually live here in Thailand)  it is good to voice an opinion but if posters live here I expect the lack of show on this topic is understandable.    When in Rome.???

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mike324 said:

well when half of the police in Thailand are under the influence of Thaksin, what did the junta expect? They really should have station soldiers there, police can't do anything right in Thailand

Do you really think the security services (military/civilian) have not been glued to her since way back when? Do you really think the junta, if indeed they had wanted to prevent her from fleeing, would have trusted the RTP to make sure it didn't happen??

32 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Posters are bound to know what really happened to put the record straight be it bad for the Military or not---we want to know.    ( would like to know what % of posters with bad remarks about the authorities actually live here in Thailand)  it is good to voice an opinion but if posters live here I expect the lack of show on this topic is understandable.    When in Rome.???

Mate, they could live in Botswana for all it matters. It wouldn't make the actions of the junta, as reported by international news, any less reprehensible. 

8 hours ago, petermik said:

"Yinglucks escape was unexpected because she earlier always insisted she would not flee"

And you fell for that...............:clap2:

Well, what would you expect him to say, she fooled us? I think he hopes to slander the lovely lady by implying she is not a woman of her word.

Just now, baboon said:

Mate, they could live in Botswana for all it matters. It wouldn't make the actions of the junta, as reported by international news, any less reprehensible. 

Easier to throw stones when not in the glass house,   quite sensible not now to get drawn into (outsiders) rants about the authorities, Living here is different, we are not so stupid to be throwing rocks about.

1 minute ago, ginjag said:

Easier to throw stones when not in the glass house,   quite sensible not now to get drawn into (outsiders) rants about the authorities, Living here is different, we are not so stupid to be throwing rocks about.

The threat of arbitrary arrest and detention plays a large part in that, which rather confirms the accusations that the junta are repressive, don't you think?

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

The threat of arbitrary arrest and detention plays a large part in that, which rather confirms the accusations that the junta are repressive, don't you think?

Nice to talk,    no more comment about Authorities here.    I came 38 years ago,    retired and live here long term, too much to lose by being drawn in.     I am well aware of the past way before reds were heard of,    Understand ??

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Usually, when a person under (allegedly) constant surveillance is getting into a car and drives to the airport or towards a national land border, it might (just might) be an indication that he or she might (just might) plan an escape. But of course if the surveillance party consists of dummies or if the ruling government might (just might) be happy if that person flees because it might (just might) solve a lot of problems, then of course the authorities might (just might) ignore these tell-tale signs.

Was that clear enough, Mr. Prawit? Or might (just might) this explanation exceed your intellectual capacity?   

MisterWhisper is hereby judged the winner of the "Post of the Week"...Congratulations....and I am being serious and sincere..!!!

3 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Nice to talk,    no more comment about Authorities here.    I came 38 years ago,    retired and live here long term, too much to lose by being drawn in.     I am well aware of the past way before reds were heard of,    Understand ??

Yes I do. You are afraid of having it all taken away which is perfectly understandable, so you keep quiet. Others feel morally obliged to speak out and have been given plenty of good reasons to do so.

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Yes I do. You are afraid of having it all taken away which is perfectly understandable, so you keep quiet. Others feel morally obliged to speak out and have been given plenty of good reasons to do so.

I have been outspoken before about T.  and Y.  because my belief is If you are elected you swear to do your level best for ALL classes,   what you do good is normal as you are PAID to do that.   

If you fail miserably you have to pay the penalty,   be it PMs or any Party that is in command.  Most of us recognize what is going on BUT  there is a section on TVF that is like a pit bull regarding the Military.  If the PM now gets way out of order he also will have to think twice.    TIT,    love to see it come up nearer some other countries thinking, but there is so much deadwood to delete here before it can.

39 minutes ago, baboon said:

Except of course that on a forum such as this, you can remain as anonymous as you want to be - so is that really speaking out?

Not criticising, just making the point. 

"And now we have debarked, take a good look around....this is what a banana republic looks like.   Enjoy your stay.  If you find yourself in trouble and you have the cash, you can always try buying your way out.  It's worked for many.  :sleep:

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

Except of course that on a forum such as this, you can remain as anonymous as you want to be - so is that really speaking out?

If they want you, I am sure they will get you. But I was thinking more about Thai dissidents than us lot - we aren't really a threat so let us yap.

I am friendly with a cousin and nephew of Suthep. They know my views and could potentially cause me all manner of trouble, I would imagine. But at the end of the day, who am I? A nobody; a nothing. Plus we get along quite well.

I am sure we will find out sooner or later whether or not I am correct...

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

I am not trusting of any site 100%,   we all can be located if the powers want to pry.      At 76 I am still wary.  whether it be internet  banking --facebook or any web site.      Posters on here are not totally safeguarded.     Suppose I can be very critical of our PM madam May during my time here.   The UK near have the same problems as Thailand in many ways--unstable.

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

If they want you, I am sure they will get you. But I was thinking more about Thai dissidents than us lot - we aren't really a threat so let us yap.

I am friendly with a cousin and nephew of Suthep. They know my views and could potentially cause me all manner of trouble, I would imagine. But at the end of the day, who am I? A nobody; a nothing. Plus we get along quite well.

I am sure we will find out sooner or later whether or not I am correct...

I agree with you - we're insignificant in the grand scheme of things, basically just the fleas on the dog!

However, the only way they could catch me is if they caught me physically in possession of a computing device logged into my TV account. In my case, I've no intention of posting anything that might upset "them" however, trust me if i wanted to be here anonymously, I could be. In actual fact I nearly am, but that's for my privacy reasons rather than anything sinister!

@ginjagWe can  all prevent being discovered if we know how. Respectfully, you may be 76 but have you spent 40 of those years working in IT as I have? Please don't take that as confrontational - i'm just explaining the technology to you Sir.

Edited by VBF

1 minute ago, ginjag said:

I am not trusting of any site 100%,   we all can be located if the powers want to pry.      At 76 I am still wary.  whether it be internet  banking --facebook or any web site.      Posters on here are not totally safeguarded.     Suppose I can be very critical of our PM madam May during my time here.   The UK near have the same problems as Thailand in many ways--unstable.

I think you are dead right about being careful online. However you can feel free to criticise western leaders all you want as long as you are not committing libel or threatening them.

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

I agree with you - we're insignificant in the grand scheme of things, basically just the fleas on the dog!

However, the only way they could catch me is if they caught me physically in possession of a computing device logged into my TV account. In my case, I've no intention of posting anything that might upset "them" however, trust me if i wanted to be here anonymously, I could be. In actual fact I nearly am, but that's for my privacy reasons rather than anything sinister!

@ginjagWe can  all prevent being discovered if we know how. Respectfully, you may be 76 but have you spent 40 of those years working in IT as I have? Please don't take that as confrontational - i'm just explaining the technology to you Sir.

Respect your experience, but I have always had the view better safe totally than sorry,    same prevention better than cure

8 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Respect your experience, but I have always had the view better safe totally than sorry,    same prevention better than cure

Thank you.

And you're right of course - I advocate extreme care on the 'Net, but I also do all my banking and investing on it, with due diligence!  What I'm trying to say, is that those with nefarious intent and the right technical knowledge can very easily hide on the 'Net, especially if they keep moving physically as well. I shan't go into any more detail for obvious reasons but if you want to learn a little more, search for "The Deep Web" (aka "The Dark Web"). Yes, there are some high-profile shutdowns there but believe me it's called dark for a reason.

However, I think I'm, drifting :offtopic: here - apologies.

Edited by VBF

12 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Of course, it would be pretty easy to keep tabs on people based upon network traffic, and since most of the internet infra in Thailand is controlled directly or indirectly by the government, I suppose they have a pretty good idea what traffic is going where. 

Of course, the sad situation here is that technically speaking, one could land itself in hot water merely by being overly critical of the current government, something that was not the case during previous governments. And if memory serves me right, that even includes the 2006 coup government.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan reiterated on Monday that the authorities had no way to prevent former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra from fleeing the country.

That's what they need those subs for. "the authorities had no way to prevent former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra from fleeing the country .. [as they have not yet taken delivery of the submarines.].

As I have said in other posts, they probably took her to the Cambodian border.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Of course, it would be pretty easy to keep tabs on people based upon network traffic, and since most of the internet infra in Thailand is controlled directly or indirectly by the government, I suppose they have a pretty good idea what traffic is going where. 

Of course, the sad situation here is that technically speaking, one could land itself in hot water merely by being overly critical of the current government, something that was not the case during previous governments. And if memory serves me right, that even includes the 2006 coup government.

Did you try living in a red village  ??   if you voted  Abhisit  ??   so you are still at the same drift in your posts.  hope you get my point----it was the case if my memory of living in a red village serves me right-----ok

3 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Respectfully disagree - see my post 142.

I would say that ".... it could  be pretty easy to keep tabs on some  people based upon network traffic..."

2 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Did you try living in a red village  ??   if you voted  Abhisit  ??   so you are still at the same drift in your posts.  hope you get my point----it was the case if my memory of living in a red village serves me right-----ok

How would anyone even know you voted Abhisit. Pray tell, did they haul people into a humvee for an attitude adjustment session ? 

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

Respectfully disagree - see my post 142.

I would say that ".... it could  be pretty easy to keep tabs on some  people based upon network traffic..."

No, they can keep taps on ALL people, unless people are using encryption to saveguard the content.

However the path the packages travel cannot easily be conceiled. It's just the nature of the transport layer and the TCP protocol. Packages have to go from A to B and have to pass routers in order to get to B. If one controls the routers just past A, one knows where traffic goes. Why do you think the single gateway was proposed ?

Edited by sjaak327

3 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

How would anyone even know you voted Abhisit. Pray tell, did they haul people into a humvee for an attitude adjustment session ? 

You never answered my point about your post, twisted the post again.     Bye.