webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, maoro2013 said:

Concrete makes the best long lasting roads. They are often covered with other material like hot mix. Concrete is often used on roads used by heavy transport on busy runs eg coalmines to power stations.

Concrete is an expensive way to go, in the short term.

In Thailand there appears to be a lack of proper roadbase and I  think this is indicative of the failure of relatively new roads thus sporting huge potholes. Sorry for the little bit of rant, but anyone can see the results anywhere.

"In Thailand there appears to be a lack of proper roadbase and I  think this is indicative of the failure of relatively new roads thus sporting huge potholes. Sorry for the little bit of rant, but anyone can see the results anywhere."

AKA rip, s**t and bust! :biggrin:

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

400,000 ?. I'm sure someone has had a slice of the cake.

I bet the constriction company boss has a nice house somewhere.

An idiotic statement. Just looking at the photo I am surprised it wasn't a lot more than 400,000bht. If you can;t open your mouth without Thai bashing or some knowledge of what you're talking about then keep it shut before someone sews it shut.

2 minutes ago, tigermoth said:

An idiotic statement. Just looking at the photo I am surprised it wasn't a lot more than 400,000bht. If you can;t open your mouth without Thai bashing or some knowledge of what you're talking about then keep it shut before someone sews it shut.

What a pathetic, and childish threat.

Another one, who has friends high up in the police ? :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

For a small village road that's not a real problem.

I suppose compared to autobahns with around 70 cm of concrete it does look a bit thin.

I don't know, heavy Buffalow traffic could be an issue

16 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Well done that man for devoting his time and money to improving conditions in his area.

My one and only piece of advice for him......"Please ignore the armchair farang knockers of your efforts".

If he has the free time and the cash, please point him in the direction of Kam Chanod.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:31 PM, harada said:

I hope they remembered the expansion gaps this time, I've seen a few in LOS turn into roller coasters.:thumbsup:

I don't see any expansion gaps in the photos, so they must have forgotten about it. I wonder what they fill in the expansion gap, some kind of tar? Must be some kind of tar.

On 29/08/2017 at 4:31 PM, harada said:

I hope they remembered the expansion gaps this time, I've seen a few in LOS turn into roller coasters.:thumbsup:

Concrete doesn't expand, it contracts as it dries that is why they leave gaps, to try to control where it will crack as it contracts, the other option is to put in reinforcement to hold together the concrete tightly as it cracks, as they have done here. 

On 29/08/2017 at 8:27 PM, Thian said:

My wife bought paid and brought 10 meter anti slippery mat to the temple..they have those big slippery tiles to the toilets and many old people fear them so she brought the mat.

But to pour concrete i was told the rebar has to be about in the middle of the slab, not flat on the sand it has to be lifted by stones or so.

If the Thai took more care in building durable and professional not everything would be broken so fast.

You were told wrong, the rebar should be as near to the bottom as possible while still being integral to the contrete, it should be raised slightly but nowhere near the middle or it seriously weakens the result.

As has been pointed out, that 'mesh' that is laid is not the rebar.  If you look closely, the rods(rebar) is laid above that as shown in the pic of the half built road.  The rods can be seen protruding from the half that's laid.