Non O Possible?

Hi

I reasently askt her on the forum if there is anyway I can stay with out,married,company/workpermit or being 50years

and I was told,have to do the 30x3 and then touristvisa etc but today I went to one of the visa/layweroffice in Pattaya and

they told me to get a Non visa O.Only 2 pictures and my passport and go to,they recommended Lao and get a 1 year Non O.

Is this realy like that?

I had planned to ask the very same question in several months before my type "O" would be is due to expire. The difference is, I got it because I'm over 50. I have gotten my last 2 "O" visas from honorary consulates back in the US. I am not planning to return to the US for a long time, so outside of getting a retirement visa, is it still possible to get a type "O" 1 year multiple entry visa without the Thai connection from any of the surrounding Asian countries. I don't mind taking a trip to India, Nepal or Shri Lanka.

vagabond48, I’m afraid also in your situation it is not possible.

--

Maestro

Don't bash me for saying this but if money is not a problem, you might want to look at the Thai Elite card.

Please Please don't spam the rest of this post with crap about the card, It MIGHT be an option for him that he does not know about and I'm sure he's intelligent enough to investigate it and see if it's for him or not.

--

Maestro

Don't bash me for saying this but if money is not a problem, you might want to look at the Thai Elite card.

Please Please don't spam the rest of this post with crap about the card, It MIGHT be an option for him that he does not know about and I'm sure he's intelligent enough to investigate it and see if it's for him or not.

He says he is over 50 so if money was not the issue, he would be able to extend a year in Thailand without needing to get a new visa out of country.

--

Maestro

He says he is over 50 so if money was not the issue, he would be able to extend a year in Thailand without needing to get a new visa out of country.

I'm sorry to correct you, but he says he is NOT "married,company/workpermit or being 50years"

--

Maestro

I'm sorry to correct you, but he says he is NOT "married,company/workpermit or being 50years"

I was speaking of Vagabond not the OP sorry for the confusion

LOL, Wouldn't it be true that half of these posts would not be here if the Government just made it easier for people who simply wanted to live here and spend money a lot easier.

I'm not talking about huge Companies etc but this forum is full of pple who just like it here and would like to live here and spend money here that is new money as far as Thailand is concerned.

Probably a totally off topic post and the roots to most of the other posts. I have no opinions really but it does amuse me as to why they make it so difficult.

LOL, Wouldn't it be true that half of these posts would not be here if the Government just made it easier for people who simply wanted to live here and spend money a lot easier.

I'm not talking about huge Companies etc but this forum is full of pple who just like it here and would like to live here and spend money here that is new money as far as Thailand is concerned.

Probably a totally off topic post and the roots to most of the other posts. I have no opinions really but it does amuse me as to why they make it so difficult.

It is not difficult and Thailand is very open that is why so many of us are here !

Having said that it is a fact that the Thai immigration and administration in general gives a lot of freedom to the individual officers to implement the rules and their own rules.....

It is not difficult and Thailand is very open that is why so many of us are here !

Having said that it is a fact that the Thai immigration and administration in general gives a lot of freedom to the individual officers to implement the rules and their own rules.....

You must smoking something,were did you buy that I need a couple a kilo :o :not difficult???wake up.That we need a website like this(its a great site) to try to find out were to go this week to get treated in correct way and get the visa we should have shows a sicknes in this Racist country.Open?All this timewaisting stupid visa runs.Way are many of the expact leaving?If its so easy?I been to Cambodia 285dollar 1 year visa done,no bullshit visa runs.Philippines,they reacently extand their

rules now its 16month and extra 8 if you fill in some papper,no visa run.go immigration every second month and pay around 3000baht.I have enough.leaving to Philippines again,great nice people,You are welcome there,they do everything they can do help you,not like here,do everything they can to <removed> you over

ups.sorry aboute my wrighting,I hope they not close this website because some one criticise the way they treat us,or careful the police come an take your computers

and inplant some naked pictures and force you to pay fine.(happen to 2of my frineds)

Edited by stacker10

--

Maestro

I'll have to find out what this Elite card is about.

Yes, money is not a issue but I would prefer not wiring 800k into Thai banks if I can help it even if it is for only 3 months before applying for the retirement visa. My life style right now is such that I would be lucky to use 40% to 50% of it. I also prefer not to go through documentation bureaucracy necessary to get a retirement visa.

Are you referring to the retirement visa when you wrote "extend a year in Thailand etc."

Thanks for the info. Maybe, the rules will change again (for the better) by the time I have to re-apply. I can dream. I will be completing my 2nd year in the LOS.

You must smoking something,were did you buy that I need a couple a kilo :o :not difficult???wake up.That we need a website like this(its a great site) to try to find out were to go this week to get treated in correct way and get the visa we should have shows a sicknes in this Racist country.Open?All this timewaisting stupid visa runs.Way are many of the expact leaving?If its so easy?I been to Cambodia 285dollar 1 year visa done,no bullshit visa runs.Philippines,they reacently extand their

rules now its 16month and extra 8 if you fill in some papper,no visa run.go immigration every second month and pay around 3000baht.I have enough.leaving to Philippines again,great nice people,You are welcome there,they do everything they can do help you,not like here,do everything they can to <removed> you over

ups.sorry aboute my wrighting,I hope they not close this website because some one criticise the way they treat us,or careful the police come an take your computers

and inplant some naked pictures and force you to pay fine.(happen to 2of my frineds)

I 2nd that.

I am sure that this is probably a special arrangement with the USA. When I was back in the USA last October, I got a Tourist Visa for India good for "10 years" If you were staying long term, you just need to do a border run every 6 months. It cost the same as the 1 year Thai visa. I couldn't resist the bargain.

Yes, money is not a issue but I would prefer not wiring 800k into Thai banks if I can help it even if it is for only 3 months before applying for the retirement visa. My life style right now is such that I would be lucky to use 40% to 50% of it.

You don't have to spend it all.

No country have their borders wide open so also with Thailand. However I agree with you regarding people who want to live here and can show a stable income from abroad. This country could make a lot of tax money if they had a decent and structured immigration and integration plan.

Yes, money is not a issue but I would prefer not wiring 800k into Thai banks if I can help it even if it is for only 3 months before applying for the retirement visa. My life style right now is such that I would be lucky to use 40% to 50% of it.

You don't have to spend it all.

Of course, I know that. I am not thrilled about wiring 800k when I know I will only spend 300k to 400k or less if I decide to take a trip outside of Thailand for upto 4 months.

Can I assume that "if" I were to get an OA visa, I can wire, let's say, 90% of the 800k back to my US bank. Then wire the 800k back to thailand once again 3 months b4 applying for my OA extention the following year?

I prefer using my ATM card to get money as I need it. I also get 100% fee reimbursement when there is a fee.

Here is what really urks me about this whole visa process.

I knew I would be in NYC in November, so on a lark, I called the "official" NYC Thai consulate and was told that "no" I could not get a O visa, so I then called the Denver honorary consulate which gave me my previous O visa. They said that their wrist were slapped by the embassy and they could not issue me one. I called another honorary consulate in Alabama and they said they were not advised of any changes to the rules and issued me a O visa.

Here is the kicker, I met a NYC over 50 couple here in CM and they went down to the "official" Thai consulate about the same time I was in NYC and were able to get a 1 year O visa.

Anyway, is the consensus that officially, the "O" visa is unavailable in none of the surrounding countries or can it be a hit and mess like NYC.

O-A Retirement Visas are only available from your home country NOT in Thailand.

The money in the bank does not have to be in a Thai Bank. It has to be in a bank in your own country.

Sorry LB but I'm confused?

I have read loads of information here that indicate I can get a retirement visa here with proof of 800k in a thai bank for 3 months prior.

we talking about a retirement visa right? I would love to keep my money back home but I thought it had to be here.

What you get here is a retirement extension of stay - it is not a visa. To obtain this extension of stay you must first have a non immigrant visa. If you have 21 days or more remaining on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry you can obtain that non immigrant visa from Immigration with proof that you qualify for retirement extension of stay but it is an extra 2,000 baht fee. Better to come here with a non immigrant visa if you plan to extend for retirement here.

What you get here is a retirement extension of stay - it is not a visa. To obtain this extension of stay you must first have a non immigrant visa. If you have 21 days or more remaining on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry you can obtain that non immigrant visa from Immigration with proof that you qualify for retirement extension of stay but it is an extra 2,000 baht fee. Better to come here with a non immigrant visa if you plan to extend for retirement here.

I already have a non immigrant type "O" so would I be extending it. I should qualify as I am over 50 and would have (reluctantly) wired 800k into thai bank 3 months prior.

Yes. During the last 30 days of your permitted to stay you visit Immigration with a TM.7 form and 4x6cm photo attached, passport/copies, departure card/copy, bank passbook/copies, letter of account balance from bank and 1,900 baht to receive a one year extension of stay.

========================================================

The money in the bank does not have to be in a Thai Bank. It has to be in a bank in your own country.

Nonsense. You can transfer almost any visa into a Non O (retirement) here in Thailand.

The 800,000 baht can be held in a Thai bank!

The non immigrant OA visa is what you obtain from a Consulate and it provides a one year permitted to stay stamp on arrival in Thailand. It is not available in Thailand. What you can do inside the country is extend a non immigrant visa entry for one year for retirement (using TM.7) or if you qualify for that you can obtain a single entry non immigrant visa from Immigration when you can then extend. Cost is 2,000 baht for visa and 1,900 baht for extension of stay.

Thanks but I am assuming you mean it has to be held in a Thai bank. I don't believe I have a choice. I WISH I HAD!

Sorry guys, I hadn't planned on researching and inquiring about the retirement visas until I had no choice as I was hoping there might be a way of getting the same visa type "O" I have now because I don't plan on get married anytime soon or later. At least thats the plan but of course, this the magic LOS.

Thanks but I am assuming you mean it has to be held in a Thai bank. I don't believe I have a choice. I WISH I HAD!

Sorry guys, I hadn't planned on researching and inquiring about the retirement visas until I had no choice as I was hoping there might be a way of getting the same visa type "O" I have now because I don't plan on get married anytime soon or later. At least thats the plan but of course, this the magic LOS.

You only get a choice if you get a year Retirement Visa (OA) in your own country (US) then you can keep the money in your US Bank.

Nonsense. You can transfer almost any visa into a Non O (retirement) here in Thailand.

Sorry but it is fact.

===========================================================================

if you qualify for that you can obtain a single entry non immigrant visa from Immigration when you can then extend.

===========================================================================

So, you can convert any visa here in Thailand and obtain an non immigrant O? Then extend it as a retirement visa.

So isn't that exactly obtaining a non immigrant O (retirement) in Thailand? In other words no need to leave the country?

Edited by sniffdog

You obtain a non immigrant single entry visa if you qualify for extension of stay and have 21 days or more remaning on your permitted to stay stamp - and then extend it one year for retirement. It will not be a visa but an extension of stay - you can not enter the country with it - you must have a re-entry permit to return and continue your stay.

As Lopburi said, it is not a Visa, it is an extension of permision to stay if you qualify.

You do not have to exit the country every 90 days but you have to report your address to Immigration every 90 days.

Edited by Lite Beer