North Korea says it has developed more-advanced hydrogen bomb - KCNA

rooster59

6 hours ago, oilinki said:

For the re-entry..

"For each goal overpressure there is a certain optimum burst height at which the blast range is maximized over ground targets. In a typical air burst, where the blast range is maximized to produce the greatest range of severe damage, i.e. the greatest range that ~10 psi (69 kPa) of pressure is extended over, is a GR/ground range of 0.4 km for 1 kiloton (kt) of TNT yield; 1.9 km for 100 kt; and 8.6 km for 10 megatons (Mt) of TNT. The optimum height of burst to maximize this desired severe ground range destruction for a 1 kt bomb is 0.22 km; for 100 kt, 1 km; and for 10 Mt, 4.7 km."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_nuclear_explosions

The Russians tested a 50 MT bomb, but for the reasons you describe above, a bomb bigger than 50 MT is pointless, it will mainly detonate out in empty space. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The Russians tested a 50 MT bomb, but for the reasons you describe above, a bomb bigger than 50 MT is pointless, it will mainly detonate out in empty space. 

Tzar bomb was developed to be 100MT device, but it's force was reduced to 50MT. 

I'm not sure if that is the real truth, but it makes a good factoid. During Soviet era.. and even today's Russia, major failures are defined as features. 

It is as useless as any other nuclear bomb in current world. When one opens the Pandora's box, others will follow. We are saved from total destruction by our sanity, which is not granted to last for too long. 

We are getting closer and closer to the midnight.. and then the winter really comes. http://thebulletin.org/timeline

7 hours ago, harada said:

What's this big round thing.:crazy:

image.jpeg

(Man on left, pointing) "There, see? You've lost your deposit, and we're not going to give your passport back till you pay an extra USD1,000"

(KJU) "That dent was already there when I got it!  This is the last time I rent an H bomb in Pattaya!"

8 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

What goes up ... must come down .... unless its that high it burns up on the way in ... but some pieces must escape and get through ...

it would not burn up because it never reached an orbital speed

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-quake-sparks-nuclear-test-fears-035800217.html

From the above article, Japan has confirmed that North Korea has conducted a sixth nuclear test. Japan's meteorological agency says that the resulting tremors are at least ten times as powerful as North Korea's previous test, last September.

Quote from the article "It means this latest device was about five times larger than the bomb dropped on the Japanese city of Nagasaki in World War II. "    Yes, I bet Japan is scared.

Sadly Nothing will be done, China does not want millions of refugees crossing its borders or America in North korea, Russia just plays dumb but actually is probably assisting the fat maggot. Probably the only way is for the North Korean people to get wise and overthrow the fat boy.

2 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

I am sure if truly the NK were a clear and present threat to the South Koreans, Japan and US Pacific territories e.g Hawaii, Guam, etc that the USA would have a plan . 1. Using M.o.a.b,s to take out the NK batteries threatening Seoul, Followed by massive rocket artillery to clean up. Then using their much vaunted tactical ability to neutralise NK Nuclear ability. Or is the USA just a paper Tiger with an over bloated Defence Budget and incapable of any serious Military activity apart from over throwing 3rd World regimes?

Guaranteed that plan exists. Amongst many other scenarios. Hopefully, Kim will agree to be a good member of our global community. But that's not looking good.

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Tzar bomb was developed to be 100MT device, but it's force was reduced to 50MT. 

I'm not sure if that is the real truth, but it makes a good factoid. During Soviet era.. and even today's Russia, major failures are defined as features. 

It is as useless as any other nuclear bomb in current world. When one opens the Pandora's box, others will follow. We are saved from total destruction by our sanity, which is not granted to last for too long. 

We are getting closer and closer to the midnight.. and then the winter really comes. http://thebulletin.org/timeline

Quite .. as you say Tsar Bomba was more a promotional device at a time when each side were trying to out do each other in who had the biggest bomb .. American atomic energy comm' reckoned a mth after Tsar Bomba was detonated that the yield was in the region of 55 - 60 mt but the Soviets have always maintained it was 51 mt .. Either way as a weapon it was too big not too mention clumsy to have a practical use ( the bomber that dropped it had to be especially modified to carry the thing ) as accounts of the test and film shot at the time show .. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

because I think it would suit Putins agenda to keep Nato and the US stretched and injured - no better time for him to make any move he feels like

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Yeah, but . . .

"I believe" and "I think" are not evidence, which needs to be produced to substantiate allegations of this kind. But Putin doesn't usually sue for libel, so keep your fingers crossed.

The reality is that Russia has consistently backed the UN Security Council program of sanctions against North Korea aimed at clipping its nuclear wings.

But don't just take my word for it. After a meeting between Putin and Trump at the G-20 summit  in July, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced: "Russia's official policy is the same as ours — a denuclearized Korean Peninsula".

Edited by Krataiboy
error

Hope Kim has a failsafe deadman's switch , he's going to need it.

He must be under tremendous stress .

Since a full out attact is not possible , after this test today , they will come after his person with small assasination teams .

17 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Yeah, but . . .

"I believe" and "I think" are not evidence, which needs to be produced to substantiate allegations of this kind. But Putin doesn't usually sue for libel, so keep your fingers crossed.

The reality is that Russia has consistently backed the UN Security Council program of sanctions against North Korea aimed at clipping its nuclear wings.

But don't just take my word for it. After a meeting between Putin and Trump at the G-20 summit  in July, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced: "Russia's official policy is the same as ours — a denuclearized Korean Peninsula".

Please resd this.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/01/asia/russia-north-korea-analysis/index.html

Russia's power play in North Korea aimed at both China and US

30 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Since a full out attact is not possible , after this test today , they will come after his person with small assasination teams .

What makes you think so? Do you also think that there are teams to take Putin and Trump off?

Why they have not acted yet? Killing few selfish, nutcase leaders would make the world much better place to life for the rest of the 7 million people living here. 

I'd support killing Putin. Trump being the tiny boy without knowledge where to go. 

Where can I donate my money to get rid of Putin?

5 hours ago, oilinki said:

What makes you think so? Do you also think that there are teams to take Putin and Trump off?

Why they have not acted yet? Killing few selfish, nutcase leaders would make the world much better place to life for the rest of the 7 million people living here. 

I'd support killing Putin. Trump being the tiny boy without knowledge where to go. 

Where can I donate my money to get rid of Putin?

What are you taking about ?

I don't want them to kill Kim (or Putin) . My post is perfectly clear.

Since there is no viable military option , they will try harder to assasinate him , after the H-bomb today. Dialogue and China pressure won't do much.

To my knowledge , there are more than 7 billion people .

11 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

What are you taking about ?

I don't want them to kill Kim (or Putin) . My post is perfectly clear.

Since there is no viable military option , they will try harder to assasinate him , after the H-bomb today. Dialogue and China pressure won't do much.

To my knowledge , there are more than 7 billion people .

I think your idea of collecting money to kill Putin, is an excellent idea. I support it and wish to donate my share for the cause. 

You'll be remembered as the father of the new resistance against of the Putin's abusive regime. 

Finally some real strength shown by ordinary people of Russia. I salute you. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Please resd this.

Thanks for sharing this link,  craigt3365,  yes it's an interesting analysis , " Both Moscow and Beijing "share the basic perception of who is the real trouble maker and who is the biggest common threat in the Korean Peninsula,.... "

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Please resd this.

Craigt, ???   :smile:

A quote from the article you've put up.

[Both Moscow and Beijing "share the basic perception of who is the real trouble maker and who is the biggest common threat in the Korean Peninsula," Tong told CNN.
That trouble maker, he said, is the United States, and more specifically, the occupant in the White House.]

So, CNN is claiming that, Russia and China are united in the view that the USA is the problem. This is not a three-way dispute between Russia, China and the USA. Russia and China are, near enough, on the same side.

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

If some idiot fires rockets at you and over your country, that's a provocation.

But if they ignite a hydrogen bomb on their own land, that is their problem.
Hopefully they blow away themselves.

So, are you trying to say that North Korea should be allowed to continue firing rockets over Japan, and that they should (or must) not be nuked because of this ?
And also, do you reckon North Korea should be allowed to continue detonating nukes on their own land, and again, it would be wrong to nuke North Korea because of this ?

My view is this. North Korea should only be nuked IF they fire a nuke themselves, if they themselves nuke Japan, or South Korea, or Guam. No way, do I reckon, North Korea should be nuked because of firing rockets over Japan. No way should North Korea be nuked because they're detonating nukes on their own soil.

5 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

[Both Moscow and Beijing "share the basic perception of who is the real trouble maker and who is the biggest common threat in the Korean Peninsula," Tong told CNN.
That trouble maker, he said, is the United States, and more specifically, the occupant in the White House.]

So, CNN is claiming that, Russia and China are united in the view that the USA is the problem. This is not a three-way dispute between Russia, China and the USA. Russia and China are, near enough, on the same side.

CNN is not asserting a corporate POV. Throughout the article CNN is doing it's job of reporting opinion / analysis from various parties.

20 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Euh, the hydrogen is actually used as rocket fuel...

Nothing new, or more dangerous.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not following you. Are you claiming that there is no hydrogen bomb, but that NK was just using hydrogen as a fuel? If so, then you need to do some googling.

(From  a google search: Compared with the atomic bomb (the kind dropped on Japan in the closing days of the Second World War), the hydrogen bomb can be far more powerful – by 1,000 times or more, experts say. )

12 hours ago, oilinki said:

I think your idea of collecting money to kill Putin, is an excellent idea. I support it and wish to donate my share for the cause. 

And I think you need lessons in comprehensive reading , desperately !

You don't even twist my words , you just change everything I write .

Jeeze , and I get deleted ?

9 hours ago, BuaBS said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/kim-jong-un-hires-ex-kgb-bodyguards-to-defend-against-assassination-2017-8

Kim Jong Un, the North Korean leader who lives in constant fear of assassination, has reportedly hired Russian ex-KGB bodyguards to protect him in case of an attempt on his life.

Japan's Asahi Shinbum reportedthat Kim hired about 10 former KGB counterterrorism agents to train his bodyguards on how to detect and respond to terrorist attacks.

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/kim-jong-un-hires-ex-kgb-bodyguards-to-defend-against-assassination-2017-8

Kim Jong Un, the North Korean leader who lives in constant fear of assassination, has reportedly hired Russian ex-KGB bodyguards to protect him in case of an attempt on his life.

Japan's Asahi Shinbum reportedthat Kim hired about 10 former KGB counterterrorism agents to train his bodyguards on how to detect and respond to terrorist attacks.

Thanks , I read a similar article .

"South Korean media has reported that the US and South Korea have been working together on a "decapitation force" to kill the North Korean leader in the event that Pyongyang becomes intolerably aggressive.

No doubt aided by NSA to monitor his where-abouts and the CIA with their extensive bag of dirty tricks.

Yes , ex KGB bodyguards ,  but can he really trust them ? ( and totally protect him)

That's why he needs a deadman's switch. In case of his death , his enemies will get the full "fire & fury" .( to quote Trump)

8 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Yes. Putin also said he had no troops in Crimea. Still says none are in Ukraine except those on holiday. Sad people believe what he says. Same with China.

Both countries are still doing business with North Korea, and helping them launder money. Great partners in our global community. Not....