moving to Pattaya from BKK advice please

mercman24

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, wpcoe said:

The arrival of Uber and Grab have opened new options, too, for folks who live away from a baht bus route.  Heck, I live on a busy baht bus route, but use Uber/Grab quite a bit for the comfort/convenience.  They're great for returning home with loads of groceries or other purchases.  Ever tried to return from Boonthavorn or Thai Watsadu without a car?

Most Thais use a motorbike for supermarket shopping, as did I. It is possible unless trying to get a full cart load home.

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

108 b to north Pats.

Motorbike to Jomtien.

PS:  This is one of those very great priced deals about Thailand.  About 3 bucks for a 2 hour bus ride on an aircon bus traveling on a fairly modern highway.  A true bargain I think.  I usually buy 2 seats so I can stretch out my long bod...

LOL. I always hope to get someone next to me to have a decent conversation with. Can talk about a lot of stuff in 2 hours.

well it was well worth the bus trip. i got a 43 sq m one bed condo, sea views from the roof, new refurb every item brand new. and 100 metres from the sea, all for 9,000 baht. on the bus theme i just see today on my return there is a mini bus from Ekkamai to Jomtien beach starts at 4 am for 150 baht.i had a hell of a job getting from north bus station they all seemed to want 300 baht, no way. got to pop down next week for wi fi connection. great guy owner, he said here is the keys can stay tonight if ya want, so i just had two days sniffing around. 

11 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well it was well worth the bus trip. i got a 43 sq m one bed condo, sea views from the roof, new refurb every item brand new. and 100 metres from the sea, all for 9,000 baht.

So close to beach and 9000 baht is great deal!

What building is this, please? Maybe you post a map screen cap?

I'm looking for similar studio for next 6 month.

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well it was well worth the bus trip. i got a 43 sq m one bed condo, sea views from the roof, new refurb every item brand new. and 100 metres from the sea, all for 9,000 baht. on the bus theme i just see today on my return there is a mini bus from Ekkamai to Jomtien beach starts at 4 am for 150 baht.i had a hell of a job getting from north bus station they all seemed to want 300 baht, no way. got to pop down next week for wi fi connection. great guy owner, he said here is the keys can stay tonight if ya want, so i just had two days sniffing around. 

Good find. Here's hoping that your neighbours aren't air bnb'ers and other vacation lets.