American actor Geoffrey Giuliano who went into meltdown in Big C Pattaya posts video response - and it could be his best performance yet

webfact

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Little bit diffrent telling someone to get stuffed to telling someone to <deleted> off

I got my translation wrong.  That's what I meant "Bleep Off". 

So would you deck the Thai queue jumper/10 items or less violator if he rebuffed your intervention and told you to Bleep Off?  Or would you let it go?

21 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

He says he didn't.  But admitted to the high crime of 14 items on a 10 or less check out aisle.  Even though he's a blowhard, I believe him on that singular point.

Have you ever experienced a Thai jumping the queue in a shop?  What did you do?

Push back in front of them if in a queue, or make my displeasure v clear if they have shoved their items in front of mine when reaching the checkout :smile:.

Although I was v happy when in a 7/11 queue (and just about to put my purchases on the counter when a Thai pushed in front) and the cashier pointed out that I was first!

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Push back in front of them if in a queue, or make my displeasure v clear if they have shoved their items in front of mine when reaching the checkout :smile:.

Although I was v happy when in a 7/11 queue (and just about to put my purchases on the counter when a Thai pushed in front) and the cashier pointed out that I was first!

I've been letting most things like this slide for a long time now. Makes life much simpler and happy.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Just now, joeyg said:

I've been letting most things like this slide for a long time now. Makes life much simpler and happy.

Everyone to their own.

Personally I seriously dislike queue jumpers' self-entitled attitude - and am not keen on those in a '10 items or less' queue with clearly more than 10 items.

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Roger that.  :thumbsup:  I've done same, but other times have let it go.  I'm retired.  Plenty of money and time. 

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Roger that.  :thumbsup:  I've done same, but other times have let it go.  I'm retired.  Plenty of money and time. 

I agree to a point, and will always invite someone behind me (with only a couple of items) to go first.

But I draw the line at the type of bad manners displayed by the self-entitled - as exemplified by the subject of this topic. 

11 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

I'm trying to explore the distinction between reaction to a Thai doing X vs. a farang doing the same thing.  

There are farangs about who may be wired too tightly to begin with, others suffering years of pent up anger and frustration living in Thailand ~  wife has them by the balls, afraid or unable to make a change as they edge toward 70 y/o.  So they lump it and become ticking time bombs.

To be fair, Mr. G in the OP seems to be hangin' on by a very thin thread, trying to keep it together.  Reckon there are plenty like him down in the zoo aka Pattaya.

post of the day!  Congratulations.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why get excited about somebody filming you/taking your picture?

When i go out on my mobility scooter, many people get out their phones and take my picture, especially when i am shopping in big C, even the management in big C have done it, so what.

The man is an arrogant prick, who thinks he is something he is not.

Because in the age of vigilante justice on the internet, someone's reputation could be ruined overnight due to a perceived slight by some do gooder with a smartphone. This could even lead to some people losing their jobs etc so the stakes may be quite high. It's very possible that (like someone earlier in the thread noted) we may start reading about more broken noses and broken phones in response to these incidents. You may not mind personally about someone filming you as you go about your day but many people would find it objectionable, especially if it's done in the context of a confrontation. The person being filmed could easily see it as an act of aggression if the intention is to upload the argument to social media, and take appropriate steps to make sure that they don't. 

I'm talking generally by the way and not specifically about this case. Smartphones are still so new that people haven't yet figured out the rules of what is and what isn't socially acceptable behaviour in using them, and switching a camera on in the midst of an argument seems a pretty risky thing to do. 

3 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

They would have to have proof i touched him first. We are not all stupid enough to do everything we do in the public eye.

You've just demolished your own point. You're basically saying that you'd take your chances off camera rather than let someone film you. 

On 9/4/2017 at 10:38 AM, coulson said:

Good for him he'll get his fifteen minutes of fame. Possibly the most exposure he'll get for the rest of his acting career.

He's nothing more than a foul mouthed American...A---hole.

I'm an American and i'll do what I want LOL... Go back to where you came from the USA and do what you want there.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:27 AM, 55Jay said:

LOL.  Far as I know, being a pretentious, pedantic douche bag from Europe, or the US for that matter, isn't a crime.  Yet.

He is right about the social media reaction.  Look at this OP.  "Meltdown".  I wouldn't describe his reaction as a meltdown.  He seemed fairly composed, wasn't yelling whilst telling Frenchie to get a life.

However did did not say get a life.  must be talking about a different story.  He was dropping the "F Bomb"  In front of woman and children numerous times.  So who is the douche bag really?

5 hours ago, joeyg said:

However did did not say get a life.  must be talking about a different story.  He was dropping the "F Bomb"  In front of woman and children numerous times.  So who is the douche bag really?

Frenchy poked the wrong bear and got his feewings hurt.  Poor thing.  And the women!  And children!  Oh my! 

Da' dreaded F Bomb.  A wonderfully useful, dynamic word, kinda like fuggetaboutit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-XCLI1jfw

16 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Frenchy poked the wrong bear and got his feewings hurt.  Poor thing.  And the women!  And children!  Oh my! 

Da' dreaded F Bomb.  A wonderfully useful, dynamic word, kinda like fuggetaboutit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-XCLI1jfw

If your not concerned about the "F bomb" being dropped in front of woman  and children, that's pretty sad.

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

If your not concerned about the "F bomb" being dropped in front of woman  and children, that's pretty sad.

He dropped the F Bomb more than once, right?  Amazingly, there were no earthquakes.  The markets didn't crash.  Nobody died.  Things were basically the same as they were before.  Had he called that dude a snow flake, it woulda been "ON" then! 

Fuggetabouit.  :laugh:

15 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

He dropped the F Bomb more than once, right?  Amazingly, there were no earthquakes.  The markets didn't crash.  Nobody died.  Things were basically the same as they were before.  Had he called that dude a snow flake, it woulda been "ON" then! 

Fuggetabouit.  :laugh:

The point is to use language like that in front of women and children, is low class.  I get that you don't agree with this.  It's just my opinion.  I always start out trying to be a gentlemen.

Just now, joeyg said:

The point is to use language like that in front of women and children, is low class.  I get that you don't agree with this.  It's just my opinion.  I always start out trying to be a gentlemen.

People who swear a lot are simply demonstrating their own inability to use vocabulary- they're just above the grunts of pigs and should be served food on the floor.

And those who swear in front of women and children should be forced to wear muzzles whenever they appear in public.

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

People who swear a lot are simply demonstrating their own inability to use vocabulary- they're just above the grunts of pigs and should be served food on the floor.

And those who swear in front of women and children should be forced to wear muzzles whenever they appear in public.

Yep.  Some people just had a "bad upbringing."  My grandfather always told us," If you don't have respect, you don't have anything."  I swear when hanging out in a bar out with the guys.  Never in front of women and children or out in a public place where it will reflect badly on myself or other Americans.  I enjoy being respectful and demure.  However, there is a very different side, close to the surface that can manifest when it needs to for a very good reason.   In the old books on Buddhism, a large number of people are referred to as "unwanted progeny."  Sadly it reflects in their behavior and personality.  They are the bottom of the barrel.

6 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Yep.  Some people just had a "bad upbringing."  My grandfather always told us," If you don't have respect, you don't have anything."  I swear when hanging out in a bar out with the guys.  Never in front of women and children or out in a public place where it will reflect badly on myself or other Americans.  I enjoy being respectful and demure.  However, there is a very different side, close to the surface that can manifest when it needs to for a very good reason.   In the old books on Buddhism, a large number of people are referred to as "unwanted progeny."  Sadly it reflects in their behavior and personality.  They are the bottom of the barrel.

I heard Lord Buddha said :-

" If you have nothing good to say, shut up " :coffee1:

Archived