Accused of Lese Majeste - What should I do?

stravers

I believe I am being pranked. By who, I don't know. Someone is creating social media profiles in my name and writing lese majese defamatory postings. Not sure if I should pack up now or wait and see. At this point, I'm scared looking over my shoulder but I have a family, business, and other investments in Pattaya. I am not a troll. Real person with a real problem. 

I work for a company that posts our location, photo, and work email on their website so it's easy to gather the personal information. Looking at the 2 previously posted videos above, I'm scared for my life as authorities have an obligation to investigate all lese majeste complaints and I highly doubt anyone in authority will go to bat for an accused foreigner.

The cases are tried by the military junta so I fear there is no chance for me to get a fair hearing. Thais sometimes make confessions as it halves their sentence (70 years to 35 years) and they get frustrated sitting in jail with no bail awaiting their hearing. 

If someone has registered on a forum, FB etc & posts then there is a trail that connects back to IP addresses especially if using mobile devices where the sim is registered unless siad person know how to cover their tracks.

Make sure that your own computers & devices hard drives are clean if you know what I mean ;) because they may well be checked to prove your innocence

The important thing is to file a police complaint report before someone files one against you. You should go to Technology Crime Suppression Division, with a bloody good lawyer and be the one who initiates the legal complaint on the impersonated postings.

Things will then backfire on the person doing this. You may also want to think about who you might have pissed off recently.

Message me if you need reliable lawyer recommendations.

39 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

The important thing is to file a police complaint report before someone files one against you.  

Have you read of any cases where this neutralised the accusation? Please share any relevant sources. Thank you.

I don't want to be like this guy:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/10/18/chonburi-man-beaten-mob-royal-defamation/

Edited by stravers

as above, get a lawyer and contact the police

then work out who is doing this and why, it is certainly not a normal thing to do so you should be able to work out the answers - this simply doesn't happen to people going about their normal lives- and resolve these/their issues. or leave the country.

Find a competent and honest attorney. Go to the Police and file the proper documents. Go to The Government House with the attorney to file a report there as well. I have used a wonderful Bangkok firm a number of times for various issues( nothing criminal). Very honest and good people.

The Kingdom Law Group (website). 

Two vids in Thai Language have been removed

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

If someone is using your name it suggests that they know you. You say you have a business in Pattaya. Have you ever had a problem with somebody on account of your business or are you in competition with someone.

In any event, as others have said go to the police before they come to you. Don't just report it, file a complaint about it.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Been talking to my close confidantes and the results are:

Thais: Get the F--- out now (as in tonight!) before vigilante group of 500 angry people comes to your door. They claim other Thais would indeed go rogue and cause a stampede without giving it a second thought. No vigilante will ever be charged with violence. Police vs. Angry Royalist. Forget it.

Falangs: Lawyer up. Make complaint. File papers. Get papers date stamped. Get police to work with you.

3 minutes ago, stravers said:

Been talking to my close confidantes and the results are:

Thais: Get the F--- out now (as in tonight!) before vigilante group of 500 angry people comes to your door. They claim other Thais would indeed go rogue and cause a stampede without giving it a second thought. No vigilante will ever be charged with violence. Police vs. Angry Royalist. Forget it.

Falangs: Lawyer up. Make complaint. File papers. Get papers date stamped. Get police to work with you.

Do what the Farang are telling you to do before the Thais start doing what the Thais are telling you will happen.

3 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

If you have been the victim of identity theft you should also consider other things e.g. credit cards, banks etc.  The next thing is you will have debt collectors chasing you.

Least of his problems if the thread title is correct, but that appears to be a slight over statement at the present time

5 hours ago, stravers said:

I work for a company that posts our location, photo, and work email on their website so it's easy to gather the personal information. Looking at the 2 previously posted videos above, I'm scared for my life as authorities have an obligation to investigate all lese majeste complaints and I highly doubt anyone in authority will go to bat for an accused foreigner.

The cases are tried by the military junta so I fear there is no chance for me to get a fair hearing. Thais sometimes make confessions as it halves their sentence (70 years to 35 years) and they get frustrated sitting in jail with no bail awaiting their hearing. 

According to this thread here:

you got blacklisted from Thailand for 10 years and according to another thread your company in Thailand collapsed.