Promenada Immigration emergency advise please!

nikotin

Hi guys,  i am sorry cause i am sure this is covered a thousand times,but chiang mai buddy really let me down on the queue service.Had an appointment today and they didnt show up,waited for 1,5 hours,then a neighbour called her on the phone and she telling me to come back 2 hours later,but i just dont have the time!And now i have no more time to read through it all!Really stressed out right now...

I need an extension based on marriage tomorrow,what time i have to be there to make sure i get served this day,which counter and does my wife have to come with me in the morning already or ist it enough when she comes with me in the afternoon?

1000 thx in advance!

Marriage extension ist office Nr 3 (see the board on the door).
To be sure to finish tomorrow, you should go there around 5:00 and wait (bring a book and a lamp).

They start to give the tickets at 8:30. The breakfast "service" opens around 7:00-7:30.

You can tell your wife to come at 8:30.

2 hours ago, Thailsacien said:

Marriage extension ist office Nr 3 (see the board on the door).
To be sure to finish tomorrow, you should go there around 5:00 and wait (bring a book and a lamp).

They start to give the tickets at 8:30. The breakfast "service" opens around 7:00-7:30.

You can tell your wife to come at 8:30.

How do i have to picture this? :) Am i goin to sit on the floor in front of the room defending my place?

1 hour ago, nikotin said:

How do i have to picture this? :) Am i goin to sit on the floor in front of the room defending my place?

There are a few plastic chairs and stools around the area and you will see other people there who have most likely been there for several hours before 5am and they will tell you how many there are before you in the queue, which will consist of some people and some chairs/stools with books/paperwork on them representing someone already in the queue before you.

Get your Wife out of bed and take her with you if you can from the start, she will be ok as soon as the food stalls open, which is fairly early.   Best to bring a torch if you have one as it's pretty dark around there until dawn arrives.

7 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

There are a few plastic chairs and stools around the area and you will see other people there who have most likely been there for several hours before 5am and they will tell you how many there are before you in the queue, which will consist of some people and some chairs/stools with books/paperwork on them representing someone already in the queue before you.

Get your Wife out of bed and take her with you if you can from the start, she will be ok as soon as the food stalls open, which is fairly early.   Best to bring a torch if you have one as it's pretty dark around there until dawn arrives.

Sounds like madness 555 damn,i am so fkin angry at this stupid agency!Thats exactly what i wanted to avoid!But thx alot for the advise

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Just a thought.

Perhaps if you had taken the time to go back 2 hours later as the agent asked perhaps it would all be resolved by now? It appears you had already planned to do it yesterday?

Anyway, good luck today.

I will never go back to this agent.they had their shot and messed up! But thx,it just costed me some sleep but i save some money :)

23 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

An example of CMImm. 's office ineptitude in dealing with basic administration, renewing extensions based on marriage. They have adequate facilities, nice office , generally polite and courteous staff yet management of this division of the Royal Thai Police Force is a disgrace and could benefit from a shake up, put mildly!

13 hours ago, Thailand said:

Just a thought.

Perhaps if you had taken the time to go back 2 hours later as the agent asked perhaps it would all be resolved by now? It appears you had already planned to do it yesterday?

Anyway, good luck today.

Do let us know how you get on tomorrow. By the way how much did you pay for this sloppy agent's work?

2 hours ago, Hugh Jarse said:

Do let us know how you get on tomorrow. By the way how much did you pay for this sloppy agent's work?

I didnt pay anything cause she didnt show up to the appointment.All went well,had a few problems cause of my landlord didnt make a TM30 paper.But all good and now have to wait approval till october.And i could have come at 7 am also,was no need to come so early,i was there 5am and was 4th in line and at 7am there where 3 more in line.Very freindly and painless,really no need to pay an overpriced agent.Easily done by yourself!

Probably too late for this to be of benefit, but I was there yesterday,  6 Sept, at 7AM for Retirement extension.  #6 in the queue and only a few more were there at 8:30.  I honestly can't say I paid particular attention to Marriage visa. None of the lines seemed to be very busy.  2 people for Re Entry. 

17 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Probably too late for this to be of benefit, but I was there yesterday,  6 Sept, at 7AM for Retirement extension.  #6 in the queue and only a few more were there at 8:30.  I honestly can't say I paid particular attention to Marriage visa. None of the lines seemed to be very busy.  2 people for Re Entry. 

I was talking to another guy that told me that fo a long time its already not necesarry to come at 5am.If my paperwork would been complete i would be out of immigratin by 930 and that for a first time marriage extension.The immigration officer was the nicest guy and all the problems that i read before were just non existing.

20 minutes ago, nikotin said:

I was talking to another guy that told me that fo a long time its already not necesarry to come at 5am.If my paperwork would been complete i would be out of immigratin by 930 and that for a first time marriage extension.The immigration officer was the nicest guy and all the problems that i read before were just non existing.

I used an agency last time because I had a few potential problems with compliance, and also because I didn't want to have to pay an extortionate amount to a taxi to get there early.

I had a very satisfying experience, and don't regret paying them at all. Wouldn't pay for a 90 day though. No need to turn up early.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I used an agency last time because I had a few potential problems with compliance, and also because I didn't want to have to pay an extortionate amount to a taxi to get there early.

I had a very satisfying experience, and don't regret paying them at all. Wouldn't pay for a 90 day though. No need to turn up early.

The prices for an agent have been around the 5000 baht mark 1-2 year ago,thats fair,but for around 10k its a real waste of money in my opinion.If you wouldnt have to show up at all,ok,but you have a lot of running to do yourself anyway so i really dont see the point for me.