Want to know how to make an easy 5,000 baht - here's your answer

webfact

Want to know how to make an easy 5,000 baht - here's your answer

3p.jpg

Picture: TNews

BANGKOK: -- Tnews reported on an easy way to make 5,000 baht after an online lawyer gave the news media some handy tips.

All you have to do is take a photograph with your phone.

It concerns the habit - annoying for many looking for a parking spot - of people who place objects on the road to secure their own parking spot.

A lawyer on the Facebook page of "Sai Trong Kotmai" said such activity was illegal and people could be fined the top whack of 10,000 baht for doing it.

It constitutes the crime of placing objects on the highway.

So all the public need to do since the new snitches get 50% of fines law came in, is to photograph the evidence, send the picture to the authorities and wait for the miscreants to be prosecuted.

Then Bob's your uncle - you get half of the fine for a good night out or a present for the wife.

But Thaivisa advises that it might be best to keep quiet about it...just in case.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-07

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

And sometimes, you park a car under similar circumstances only to find

out that it was scratched from tail to front with repairs in the many

thousands of baht... and than you ask yourself if it was worth it

to butt heads with crazy locals...

if i park my bike or car outside a shop i always run it passed them in Thai ill only be 5 or 10 minutes  ok ? that way you avoid getting your car scratched or tires let down on your bike.

All you have to do is take a photograph with your phone.

Is it really that easy.

Then why more people are not doing it yet?

So all the public need to do since the new snitches get 50% of fines law came in, is to photograph the evidence, send the picture to the authorities and wait for the miscreants to be prosecuted.

Ah, there is the answer.

You still need to wait for the RTP to do something.

And why would they do something? Why would they process your picture and try to find the person who did it?

What is in it for them?

If it really was this easy, I would send the video of my dashcam to the RTP and on the 10-minute clip of me driving 4 km through town you can easily see about 100 traffic violations ranging from running red lights, motorbikes without helmet, no use of turn signals, cars with broken front-, tail- or break lights, etc. The video will be sharp enough to read the number plates, and with a ticket price starting at 100 baht I would expect to make 5,000 baht AT LEAST with every trip to the 7-11.

Tell me when I can start, i don't mind driving around 1-2 hours a day doing this.

If they want I can even write all violations down for them in Excel with the number plates and fines.

Edited by Bob12345

3 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Shop owners complaining of parking outside their shops if your not a customer or as above placeing items to deter parking seems to be a common practice in Thailand from what I have experianced !

Thank you, Sherlock Holmes. Did you happen to notice that's what the article is about?

Shop owners complaining of parking outside their shops if your not a customer or as above placeing items to deter parking seems to be a common practice in Thailand from what I have experianced !

Laying claim to the area in front of their shop as far as they can describes it better. Many restaurants do this as well as repair mechanics, who actually park and repair HGVs on Sukhumvit .I think taking pictures of illegally parked vehicles should be added to the list. Money is a great incentive.

I used to live in an apartment on this long soi with a few 'very important' people having houses on the same soi. I can't talk about how they were important, but they were officially very important people. One of them used to put cones on the road outside his house to stop people from parking there. It's a public road with no pavement. Cars used to park on other parts of the road where maybe the houses were less important.

Question is; if I go back and take a picture of these cones, will I receive my 5,000 baht or a threat of defamation? 

indeed it is; an encroachment of sorts

Edited by YetAnother

20 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I used to live in an apartment on this long soi with a few 'very important' people having houses on the same soi. I can't talk about how they were important, but they were officially very important people. One of them used to put cones on the road outside his house to stop people from parking there. It's a public road with no pavement. Cars used to park on other parts of the road where maybe the houses were less important.

Question is; if I go back and take a picture of these cones, will I receive my 5,000 baht or a threat of defamation? 

Probably both

So, if I take a photo and send to the Police of every motorcyclist without a helmet (fine Bht 400)  with the licence plate number, or three on a bike, will I get half of the fine? An easy way to make Bht 10,000 a day.

49 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

So, if I take a photo and send to the Police of every motorcyclist without a helmet (fine Bht 400)  with the licence plate number, or three on a bike, will I get half of the fine? An easy way to make Bht 10,000 a day.

Upon conviction and I assume collection as well.  But what are you going to do if they don't pay up?

Re Parking in Pattaya - I have had a nail in a piece of wood placed under my nearside tyre; I have had a scratch down one side; both for parking in the road.  Meanwhile taxi drivers clutter the road; clothes drying racks occupy many parking spots.

Of course reporting to the police would just provide them with another income stream besides their extortion of bar-owners.  You'd never see a baht of any fine collected.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Easy way to get beaten u,p if caught, by some pissed off citizen.