Who has been poisoning the dogs - 40 stray mutts die at Chumphon institute

webfact

Who has been poisoning the dogs - 40 stray mutts die at Chumphon institute

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHUMPHON: -- A professor has gone to the police after 40 dogs died from poisoning since the start of term at an educational institute in Chumphon in the south of Thailand. 

The dogs - male and female - had consumed poisoned pork balls left outside the gates.

Some were found writhing in agony with the pork balls still in their mouths.

Since the start of term 3-5 dogs a day have died at the Prajormklao Khunthaharn institute prompting professor of biology Dr Niphat Maneechot to file a complaint with Pathiw police. 

The cops are now teaming up with animal authorities to investigate with a view to prosecuting the person or persons responsible under Thailand's tough animal cruelty laws.

Dr Niphat said that the animals were never allowed inside the institute's gate and that people and the dogs lived happily side by side.

Teachers and students cared for the animals, he said, with food and vaccinations. Females were even taken to vets to be spayed to limit numbers.

But now armed with the photo evidence of the dead creatures and testimony about the pork balls he has gone to the police.

Sanook did not report on what poison was being used to kill the dogs if indeed this was known.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-07

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, smew said:

Same should be done throughput Thailand get rid of the stray dogs. Last year 2 children died in bkk because of soi dogs. Do they know what poisons were used and availability in pattaya 

Yeah, a few people get hurt. But how many people are afraid to go out for a walk in the evening because of them?

Dr Niphat said that the animals were never allowed inside the institute's gate and that people and the dogs lived happily side by side.

Oh really dear Dr Niphat?

Then why were the dogs poisoned?

Was it maybe that you lived happily side by side with the dogs, while others were bothered by them?

But of course you couldn't care less about others, as you are the most important person in your little world.

You say teachers and students cared for the animals with food and vaccinations, but did you guys also bother to train them, walk them, and clean up their poopoo?

Or did you, oh wise doctor, not know that dogs poo and that can bother other people?

And if a dog would cause an accident, would you also jump up to claim responsibility over the dog and pay for the damages?

Of course not dear Doctor, you just throw some food on the ground and that makes you a good person in your little world.

Oh, how i pity your simple-mindedness...

45 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Oh really dear Dr Niphat?

Then why were the dogs poisoned?

Was it maybe that you lived happily side by side with the dogs, while others were bothered by them?

But of course you couldn't care less about others, as you are the most important person in your little world.

You say teachers and students cared for the animals with food and vaccinations, but did you guys also bother to train them, walk them, and clean up their poopoo?

Or did you, oh wise doctor, not know that dogs poo and that can bother other people?

And if a dog would cause an accident, would you also jump up to claim responsibility over the dog and pay for the damages?

Of course not dear Doctor, you just throw some food on the ground and that makes you a good person in your little world.

Oh, how i pity your simple-mindedness...

Well reasoned and well put across! I am sick of hearing people mindlessly defending these filthy beasts. The damage and mess they cause, the accidents, the bites, the noise!

Personally I think you are quite moderate in your views and well balanced, me, I'd be out with a big bag of meatballs for them and their defenders! The less of these stinking filthy curs in Thailand the better.

Death to Soi dogs! Viva La Revulsion!

I also wonder what happens to all the  puppies that get dumped at the temples if they aren't disposed of they would be totally overrun over time. Sad that someone has been forced to take matters into their own hands.

The only sad part of this is the manner in which the dogs have been euthanised  (as a dog lover i am sorry to say)

1 hour ago, thenewgoo said:

I'm not a fan of packs of dogs roaming around, but it seems a horribly cruel practice. The perpetrator deserves punishment by pork-ball.

Rubbish....the perpetrator is doing the community a good service....there's so many freakin soi dogs in Thailand, and no-one wants them...disease ridden vermin they are!

There are way too many stray dogs on the streets in Thailand. They really need to be controlled. This is not the way to do it but I can understand why someone did it. Dogs barking all night, dogs chasing and biting people and children, running after bikes, filth on the streets, diseased dogs, etc etc .....

If no one in authority does anything about them people will decide to kill them off however they can.

There are better ways to address the problem. 

There sure are but they require action (and funds) from the authorities. So you can put those better ways in a box and store it in a dark room.

Till then people have to take action themselves and that will result in primitive ways of disposing those muts.

5 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

There sure are but they require action (and funds) from the authorities. So you can put those better ways in a box and store it in a dark room.

Till then people have to take action themselves and that will result in primitive ways of disposing those muts.

You are probably right sadly, the education might need to start with the professors themselves. I'll be checking my Lassie's pork balls in the meantime. She's a good girl though.

31 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

Some really sad, sick, hateful people responding to this post.

I'll be the first to admit I'm deeply bitter after years of close calls with dogs but It's sad to say that as a dog love I  hear stories like this and I'm loving it. Being jaded and cynical sucks for sure.

300.000  stray dogs in Bangkok

10% (would be 30.000) "...estimated  to be infected with rabies" (do not forget: nobodies knows,  which one is infected!!!)

10.000.000 (10 <<million) estimated living in Thailand

so 4 0f 40 dogs would be infected with rabbies :Good luck with that!

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/178/5/567.full.pdf

https://www.thethailandlife.com/soi-dogs-bangkok

just the result of of googling "thailand/Bangkok,rabies dogs"

someone living in Thailand and never been attacked by straydogs? Sorry, I do not believe that!

I do not  "hate" dogs. But these are serious facts.

I had to pay for the( expensive ) vaccination (been in hospital 4 times for doing this). Some dog lover willing to pay for my expenses ?

Many times hardly avoid accidents when being attacked by dogs