Where is it raining the most in Thailand ? Dream of 365 raining days !

bleble

53 minutes ago, dominique355 said:

I saw once a statistic the the most rain is measured in the province of Trat.

Nice place, BTW, nice people, no industry, only farming and fishing.

Some tourism on Kho Chang. Avoid.

Yes it sits in a rain shadow, ime..

I know someone who spent a few years riding around Thailand to find the coolest place to live, not most rain nor up very high and built his house there

8 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Try lapland if its to hot here when not raining. What you goung to do in the hot season!

Agreed but why move to Thailand if you don't like the heat? It never fails to amaze me that people choose to move here then complain about the weather the culture or the way life is here because it's not like where they have come from. 

While my wife and I await the dry season to allow delivery and concrete vehicles to access our farm we are living in the much improved existing buildings (1st world  wash and toilet facilities). The converted garage/workshop we temporarily inhabit has a new Colorbond steel roof but no insulation.  When it really pours down I can only compare it to 300 Irish dancers climbing onto the roof for a performance of Riverdance.

Edited by nanglong218
bad grammar

15 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

While my wife and I await the dry season to allow delivery and concrete vehicles to access our farm we are living in the much improved existing buildings (1st world  wash and toilet facilities). The converted garage/workshop we temporarily inhabit has a new Colorbond steel roof but no insulation.  

Who cares.

Posters on this site are under constant criticism from certain members. Their motives and mindset I don't understand. They've lived here a long time and pull rank accordingly on the likes of me who have a long connection with this country but only recently moved here for retirement and  keen to engage.  They are incapable it seems to reply in the English language preferring silly yellow faces.

As one of your poster's byline says " don't argue with a fool etc etc"

9 hours ago, dominique355 said:

I saw once a statistic the the most rain is measured in the province of Trat.

Nice place, BTW, nice people, no industry, only farming and fishing.

Some tourism on Kho Chang. Avoid.

"Avoid." Really? You ever been off the beaten path or visited the east side? What a silly comment to make. 

20170212_163333.jpg

20170212_163344.jpg

20170216_174025.jpg

Edited by wump

6 hours ago, Raybangkok said:

Agreed but why move to Thailand if you don't like the heat? It never fails to amaze me that people choose to move here then complain about the weather the culture or the way life is here because it's not like where they have come from. 

As it is not your business I won't reply, but of course I have reasons.

So it seems that Koh chang is the location with maximum rainfall in Thailand ?

And Cambodia also ? Does it means that it rains more in the east ?

The rainiest place in Thailand was between my office in Loei and my house a kilometer or so away.  And it always started raining at quitting time for about 20 minutes a day.   Of course, that was during the rainy season.  In the dry season, it would be all the leaves falling .  Always something.

16 hours ago, siamtyke said:

Forget the rain and gain height, try the mountain around Loei

Exactly, I am currently staying in Khao Kho, Phetchabun, around 750 metres above sea level. Around 23 degrees at night, also during the day below 30 with rain less. Very pleasant indeed!