"Most hated German in Thailand" up to his old tricks in South Korea

webfact

"Most hated German in Thailand" up to his old tricks in South Korea

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvNzAyLzM1MTI3NDYvYXh4c2Z2ZC5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A reprobate beggar who conned the Thai people with a sob story taking their money to spend on booze and women has now turned up in Seoul.

Benjamin Holst - who has a swollen leg that he uses to garner sympathy and donations - has been blacklisted from Thailand since three years ago.

Now he is doing his best to anger the Thais again.

This week he was refused boarding by Thai Airways in Zurich. This prompted an outburst on Facebook that included the comment:

"Trouble with Thai Airways: <deleted> Thai Airways"

So he got on a KLM flight in Amsterdam instead and flew to South Korea.

Three years ago the Thai immigration deported him after a series of stunts. He first appeared begging in Khao San Road.

He managed to get the sympathy of the Thais and got 50,000 baht in donations after claiming his wallet and documents had been stolen. Then he blew most of that money on women, booze and cigarettes in Pattaya.

He angered many when he said that the Thais were stupid for believing him and giving him money.

Cops in Pattaya finally had enough of his antics and, after fining him for annoying the public, handed him over to immigration and he was sent packing from the kingdom in September 2014 and blacklisted.

But despite a change of appearance it looks as though Holst - given the moniker of the most hated German in Thailand - is still trying the same scams.

He is now fatter, with fair hair and glasses but the modus operandi is the same.

He posted from the Nostalgia hotel in Seoul that he had "checked in and was going looking for girls".

Challenged by online posters that he was back to begging in Asia he said:

"Money is easy to get. I just put my cup out and within one or two hours I have got $200 US dollars.

Whether he makes an effort to try and get to Thailand again remains to be seen.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-15

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"Money is easy to get. I just put my cup out and within one or two hours I have got $200 US dollars.

Really ?  200 USD in 2 hours?  So 6 hours work and he can check into any luxury hotel .  Begging his way into the jetset life. 

Edited by balo

His downfall will be his ego. He admittedly has a pitiable condition, hence people giving him money so readily - but he can't help bragging on social media about his success begging. If people didn't know what he did with the money or how much he got, he'd quite possibly be able to benefit from the goodwill of others for a long time, but no one loves a wiseass. 

I can understand how he makes people's blood boil, when a lot of us are sweating, or have sweated, blood to earn our meagre crust, but his sheer arrogance and happy go lucky attitude has a certain charm. I, personally, suspect there is a another source of income here somewhere. Anyway, he doesn't harm anyone and his antics have entertainment value, he's become almost iconic in a way and I can see people posing for selfies with him. Life would be pretty boring without such characters.

He's been doing what people with a deformity have been doing for hundreds of years. Joining a freak show, or begging.  I can't see why anyone would hate him. Like giving money to a blind man, and then being outraged when you discover, he has a little sight left in one eye which will enable him to stagger home, as long as he walks sideways.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Really ?  200 USD in 2 hours?  So 6 hours work and he can check into any luxury hotel .  Begging his way into the jetset life. 

Well he certainly seems to have no problem buying airline tickets whenever he needs/wants them. He's travelled to a lot of countries (and back to Germany) over the last few years. Wouldn't surprise me if he could pull $5-600 a day.

(20 years ago an ordinary panhandler in Vancouver could pull in over $120 a day without having to do anything or having any deformities. If they could borrow a neighbour's dog for the day they could bring in double that (because, of course, they were only begging to buy food for the dog).

18 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Send me some cash to fly to Seoul and at the end of the day I'll grab his cup with the 200 dollars and hand it out in one of downside areas 

??

Give it to a Politician .They are genuinely so honest.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Give the guy a little happiness.  Once given its his money he can spend it as he likes, it doesnt come with a condition on how its supposed to be spent.  Good on him.

the money might not be given with a condition but for sure  with a certain purpose:

to help a poor guy in need to survive. 

What do you think how much money he would get if people knew the truth?

1 minute ago, khunpin said:

Somm numm naa, stupid people! Really no need to support the <deleted>. The German health care and social system takes care of him in Germany! No need to support him with a single Satang.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

But people want to give .Who are you to deny them that .

2 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Give the guy a little happiness.  Once given its his money he can spend it as he likes, it doesnt come with a condition on how its supposed to be spent.  Good on him.

his condition is cosmetic the article states his condition doesn't affect or hinder his quality of life! not to mention he is straight up lying to people to con people out of money!