Only Fools and Horses star reveals heartbreak as Thai wife banned from the UK

rooster59

Only Fools and Horses star reveals heartbreak as Thai wife banned from the UK

BY PATRICK HILL

PROD-IMG_0179.jpg

Patrick Murray with his Thai wife Anong, 36, and daughter Josie, two years and 10 months

The 61-year-old is desperate for Anong, 36, and Josie, two years and 10 months, to join him in the UK.

Only Fools and Horses star Patrick Murray is fighting to be reunited with his Thai wife and their daughter ­following a visa row.

The 61-year-old, who was Rodney Trotter’s wideboy pal Mickey Pearce in the classic comedy, is desperate for Anong, 36, and Josie, two, to join him in the UK.

And he said last night: “It’s really heartbreaking.”

Patrick, now a cabbie, said they are barred under minimum income rules for non-European spouses – introduced by Prime Minister Theresa May during her time as Home Secretary.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/only-fools-horses-star-reveals-11185332#ICID=ios_TMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Mirror: 2017-09-17

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Indeed. Rules for ethnic Brits are not the same as for other ethnicities, even though we were born there. Sheer madness. Immigration officer was touchy (to put it mildly) when we commented as above on a prior visit to the UK.

I do believe that the rules are the same for everyone .

The rule was bought in to stop "mail order brides" and to stop Anglo Asians from going back home and marrying a village girl and bringing her to the UK and going on benefits

• Like 1

Just now, Pilotman said:

Unfortunately, you are right.  Perfectly normal families are being penalised for the sins of allowing the Indian sub continent ridiculously lax rules for bringing  whole  extended families into the UK and that has been going on for decades.  . 

Were the rules ever different for UK Asians and UK persons and are the rules different now ?

7 minutes ago, NilSS said:

I know something about British nationality law, I studied certain sections of it in depth due to my own family being dual nationals. Assuming the child has his blood, he/she is automatically British if just one parents is British, regardless of the marital status of the parents. If one parent was REGISTERED as British (not the same as naturalised) any children they have will also be British automatically, but only for the first generation of child. Grandchildren of REGISTERED British are not automatically British.

That is all well and good in theory.  My son has a Philippine girlfriend who has his child.  Despite submitting all the evidence necessary, including independent DNA, the Home Office will not issue a passport for the child.  he is still battling and has been for 2 years. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, MickTurator said:

Only if they were married before the birth.

I fell foul of that law and it has plagued me and my daughter for the rest of our lives.

Are you sure? I thought it was more about what name is on the birth certificate.  Doesn't sound right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Were the rules ever different for UK Asians and UK persons and are the rules different now ?

They were indeed different.  I think that changed when the requirement to pass English tests was introduced by May some time back, but the damage has already been done. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pilotman said:

They were indeed different.  I think that changed when the requirement to pass English tests was introduced by May some time back, but the damage has already been done. 

Which rules were different ?

UK Asians were bringing wifes back to the UK , as were British bringing mail order brides back .

Were they actual different rules for different people ?