If threatened, U.S. will 'totally destroy' North Korea, Trump vows

webfact

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Imagine if the USA discovered enough myriad deposits of fossil fuels, precious gems, and gold that enabled Her to become independent; She walled of Canada and Mexico; dissolved all alliances; and cut off foreign aid. What would happen?

USA does have enough fossil fuels to support its own consumption. So I'm guessing nothing would happen?

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

NK has been developing and testing missiles since the mid 70s, duh. The only change in circumstance has been 45's bombastic rhetoric to put us at this moment of possible nuclear conflict. All other world leaders past and present seem to understand Un and his predecessors are/were a controllable nothing, only 45 wants to elevate nothing into a hellfire of something.

There was a marked change with regard to both the number of ballistic/nuclear experiments carried out and to the accompanying rhetoric from the current Kim. This preceded Trump's presidency.

Just now, rijb said:

You tell me.  It was your post.

I quoted you.....you said I was "looking down on." 

It's okay, you don't have to answer. If it's the war mongers, then yes, I don't think highly of those who are destroying the US economy and denying taxpayer money that should be going to service taxpayers and instead is funding a military and in turn these lackys contractors/friend of contractors instead. All the while invading sovereign countries, destroying their infrastructure, killing 100s of thousands and displacing millions, stealing their natural resources, installing their own US leaning puppet regimes, and then permanently occupying these countries? Then yes, I'm looking down on the politicians who are making this happen.

I despise it so much that I left a promising career in the very same government responsible for all this. I lived behind this curtain for years and it made me sick, so, knowing I couldn't change it, I left. Therefore, I speak from experience, not from watching the bought and paid for mainstream media.

16 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

Well, Trump has been co-opted by the real govt. who makes the decisions in the US. The war mongers who profit from invasion and world wide murder. They will keep invading countries with natural resources until there's no one left except China and Russia. Then what? These psychopaths are so hell bent on war that they will bankrupt the US before they find peaceful solutions to anything. 

So, I did the next best thing and invested defense stocks! Damn, if the killing must go on, why can't I profit too?

And I'm sure the US thinks they can take on Russia and China with no problem. Hell, the US Navy can't stop 700 foot long container ships filled with Walmart goods from hitting them by accident, just think if China sent a fleet of container ships against the US Navy,? They'd sink those billion dollar battleships all day.

Hell, 19 guys with four box cutters defeated the entire US military and law enforcement system on September 11, 2001 (if you believe that story, that is...LOL). Four box cutters! Now that is an army of well supplied solders! Oh, and their general was in a cave, on the other side of the world, directing it by SAT phone!

Okay, moving along....Iran and North Korea are NOT going to invade anyone. They know that if they can defend themselves, the US won't invade them. Bullies only attack weak enemies. Not ones with nuclear bombs. But now the US only has to get threatened and that's all it takes to get them to attack countries? Mere words will do it? 

Also, cue the anti-Venezuela propaganda because they are on the US radar since they are getting off the US petro-dollar. The US can't have that! Ask Saddam and Ghadaffi. 

So, the question is....who will the US invade next...North Korea or Venezuela?  

I'm holding onto those defense contractor stocks, so I say, Trump get to invading and killing people...make me some damn money! Now I know what Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the war mongers feel like after every country falls!

Big money, big money!

Best post of the thread award!!

15 minutes ago, xylophone said:

"If threatened, U.S. will 'totally destroy' North Korea, Trump vows".

I seem to recall just recently that the North Korean leader stated that if necessary North Korea will reduce the US to a pile of ashes, or something very similar.

I would suppose that many people laughed at the absurdity of this statement and suggested that he and his cronies/the people "get real", but you know I have seen this before and stupid as it may sound, these people actually believe they can do that!

I was working in Libya about a year after the Gadaffi revolution and relations with the US were not brilliant and there was some sort of diplomatic row going on between the two countries and the young Libyan engineer (University educated and from a good family) I was working with, stated that the US had better be careful otherwise the Libyan army would invade and wipe them out.

I tried to reason with this supposedly intelligent young man that Libya had neither the manpower, firepower, armaments or anything like that which would be necessary to even inflict minor damage on the US, but he was adamant that he and his fellows knew best and that they would utterly destroy the US if necessary.

I believe it is indoctrinated in these people from an early age and they come to believe it. Given that to be true, if it is, then North Korea may be more of a threat than we think, not because they can actually succeed in what they want to do, but at least they will give it a try believing they can – and that is dangerous. 

Kinda like a young lad aching for the day he feels man enough to take a pop at dad... unfailingly he believes he can, but he cannot. Why fear that?

N. Korea - the perpetual child without the muscle. 45 - the perpetual child with the muscle of the largest, deadliest, most technologically advanced, most well funded military the world has ever seen. What would you fear?

11 hours ago, habanero said:

Trump is going to talk like this until he gets the rest of the world to isolate N. Korea.  They will have no choice but to reign in the Fat Boy or be involved in a global conflict.

You neglected to mention the new name Trump gave him "Rocket Man" lol

Edited by riclag

1 minute ago, hyku1147 said:

Please cite your sources.

Sources? Really? This is easy. This can get you started on your journey to enlightenment. But it's just a taste that scratches the surface. The rest, you can easily research yourself.

Increased defense budget.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/18/senate-passes-700-billion-defense-policy-bill-backing-trump-call-for-steep-increase-in-military-spending.html

Iraq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

The world

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/US_Bombing_campaigns_since_1945

MIC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military–industrial_complex

As for my govt employment, sorry, that I cannot divulge.

13 hours ago, mikebike said:

Bazinga.

It's funny that this gentleman tells us that what Mr. Trump said is unworthy of reply.  Had a lot to say for something that was not worthy of a response.  Medieval, ha, this guy is joking, look at how they treat their citizens and the support they give to terrorists, who, themselves, are performing horrific, medieval atrocities against people of their own faith and many other innocents.

He should suck it up, shut up and the leadership should start watching their backs.  The times are a changing and yes, it will be bazinga if the idiots push their luck.  It amazes me how many people give credence to such a murderous regime in order to score goody points through their criticisms of he POTUS.  I wonder what many would say if they needed the USA to come to their aid should things go wrong.   :wai:

33 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

Well, Trump has been co-opted by the real govt. who makes the decisions in the US. The war mongers who profit from invasion and world wide murder. They will keep invading countries with natural resources until there's no one left except China and Russia. Then what? These psychopaths are so hell bent on war that they will bankrupt the US before they find peaceful solutions to anything. 

So, I did the next best thing and invested in defense stocks! Damn, if the killing must go on, why can't I profit too?

And I'm sure the US thinks they can take on Russia and China with no problem. Hell, the US Navy can't stop 700 foot long container ships filled with Walmart goods from hitting them by accident, just think if China sent a fleet of container ships against the US Navy,? They'd sink those billion dollar battleships all day.

Hell, 19 guys with four box cutters defeated the entire US military and law enforcement system on September 11, 2001 (if you believe that story, that is...LOL). Four box cutters! Now that is an army of well supplied solders! Oh, and their general was in a cave, on the other side of the world, directing it by SAT phone!

Okay, moving along....Iran and North Korea are NOT going to invade anyone. They know that if they can defend themselves, the US won't invade them. Bullies only attack weak enemies. Not ones with nuclear bombs. But now the US only has to get threatened and that's all it takes to get them to attack countries? Mere words will do it? 

Also, cue the anti-Venezuela propaganda because they are on the US radar since they are getting off the US petro-dollar. The US can't have that! Ask Saddam and Ghadaffi. 

So, the question is....who will the US invade next...North Korea or Venezuela?  

I'm holding onto those defense contractor stocks, so I say, Trump get to invading and killing people...make me some damn money! Now I know what Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the war mongers feel like after every country falls!

Big money, big money!

28 minutes ago, rijb said:

You're looking down on them?   I need a shower after reading your post.

27 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

Looking down on who? The war mongers?

25 minutes ago, rijb said:

You tell me.  It was your post.

OK - how many beers are you into rijb? 

Robot voice: does not compute, does not compute...

25 minutes ago, rijb said:

And cat person and a holy roller?!  I'm out of here.

Nope - you are batting 30% today. Not Russian and atheist (but I do love my pussies); just desperately trying to come up with alternatives to my foul-mouthed speaking.

a. r. s. e. and w. t. f.  got deleted, I've tried heck,  but my knowledge of non-profanity is slim to none.

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

There was a marked change with regard to both the number of ballistic/nuclear experiments carried out and to the accompanying rhetoric from the current Kim. This preceded Trump's presidency.

This is true in relation to the experiments. The N. Korean missile project has matured and their testing has/had increased. This is not true in relation to the rhetoric. 45 ramped that up.

32 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

A)

"

United States Top 10 Imports

Top 10

The following product groups represent the highest dollar value in America’s import purchases during 2016. Also shown is the percentage share each product category represents in terms of overall imports into the US.

1. Electrical machinery, equipment: US$336 billion (14.9% of total imports)
  2. Machinery including computers: $315.4 billion (14%)
  3. Vehicles: $285 billion (12.7%)
  4. Mineral fuels including oil: $163.4 billion (7.3%)
  5. Pharmaceuticals: $92.5 billion (4.1%)
  6. Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $80.8 billion (3.6%)
  7. Gems, precious metals: $67.3 billion (3%)
  8. Furniture, bedding, lighting , signs, prefab buildings: $63.1 billion (2.8%)
  9. Plastics, plastic articles: $50.4 billion (2.2%)
  10. Organic chemicals: $49.8 billion (2.2%)"

B)

The gold and gems pay for new manufacturing facilities.

However, the main argument is - what would happen to the Earth if the USA isolated Herself from the rest of the world?

Again, nada.

47 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

A)

"

United States Top 10 Imports

Top 10

The following product groups represent the highest dollar value in America’s import purchases during 2016. Also shown is the percentage share each product category represents in terms of overall imports into the US.

1. Electrical machinery, equipment: US$336 billion (14.9% of total imports)
  2. Machinery including computers: $315.4 billion (14%)
  3. Vehicles: $285 billion (12.7%)
  4. Mineral fuels including oil: $163.4 billion (7.3%)
  5. Pharmaceuticals: $92.5 billion (4.1%)
  6. Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $80.8 billion (3.6%)
  7. Gems, precious metals: $67.3 billion (3%)
  8. Furniture, bedding, lighting , signs, prefab buildings: $63.1 billion (2.8%)
  9. Plastics, plastic articles: $50.4 billion (2.2%)
  10. Organic chemicals: $49.8 billion (2.2%)"

B)

The gold and gems pay for new manufacturing facilities.

However, the main argument is - what would happen to the Earth if the USA isolated Herself from the rest of the world?

Howz your vocabulary and spelling doin' today? Pot/kettle.

43 minutes ago, mikebike said:

This is true in relation to the experiments. The N. Korean missile project has matured and their testing has/had increased. This is not true in relation to the rhetoric. 45 ramped that up.

That's simply not true. Young Kim's rhetoric was there long before Trump became president. That Trump doesn't help the situation is an understatement, but it didn't start with him. Even the PRC isn't too sweet about how Kim expresses himself.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted a withering response: "Trump's ignorant hate speech belongs in medieval times - not the 21st Century UN - unworthy of a reply. Fake empathy for Iranians fools no one."

14 hours ago, mikebike said:

Bazinga.

That's a bit rich coming from a country ruled by despotic religious fanatics straight outta the 12th century. 

12 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

As Putin said, they'd rather eat grass than give up their nukes.  No easy answers due to a maniacal dictator.  Who's lives the good life while his people suffer.

Glad to see you quoting Putin and support his sensible stance. Well done.

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Kinda like a young lad aching for the day he feels man enough to take a pop at dad... unfailingly he believes he can, but he cannot. Why fear that?

N. Korea - the perpetual child without the muscle. 45 - the perpetual child with the muscle of the largest, deadliest, most technologically advanced, most well funded military the world has ever seen. What would you fear?

I don't "fear" anything, I was just saying that it is possible that NK could launch strikes (even nuclear) on the US and then all hell breaks loose killing millions in various countries..........my post really relates to the fact that NK thinks they can and so they might.

American sabre rattling is never a good sign. I am American, though not excessively proud of it, since I had nothing to do with the geography of my birth. America needs to tend to its own and get out of the affairs of other nations, unless directly threatened. The buffoons that run North Korea are almost as much of a threat as Ireland.

4 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

American sabre rattling is never a good sign. I am American, though not excessively proud of it, since I had nothing to do with the geography of my birth. America needs to tend to its own and get out of the affairs of other nations, unless directly threatened. The buffoons that run North Korea are almost as much of a threat as Ireland.

Come on. Ireland is not rsearching and detonating nuclear bombs, developing nuclear warheads for missiles, testing the missiles by firing them over Wales, threatening to annihilate UK if they interfere, and taking $billions in exchange for downscaling nuclear research and then turning around and upscaling it years later.  

Or are you talking about Northern Ireland?