Are eggs prices up ?

Foozool

45 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Today, I bought BETAGRO 30 egg case (size 3) for 120B  !!!

I bought the same size from Betagro store for 85B about 2 weeks ago.

This is about 30% increase.

Blimey! This on top of tax-increses on alcohol and cigarettes. What's next? A price increse of Som-Tam is just around the corner.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Foozool said:

They need extra cash to pay compensation. Suggest you buy eggs elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Foozool said:

Thats about right,40 for 10. I bought size 2 fromour local market in Khon Kaen on Monday, 40baht.x 10.

when it is to hot like it has been, the chickens lay much less.  

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

The other day in the US, I bought 18 large eggs for 24 Baht including tax.  Egg War or something.

Wow - any time I have tried to buy anything with baht in USA - they have no idea?? - - I think they are about 80 baht here and that would be for 12. 

20 hours ago, Foozool said:

Yep the hens demanded a wage increase to off set the beer increase prices.

11 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Yep the hens demanded a wage increase to off set the beer increase prices.

Our girls are teetotal. Just checked with them, price still a handful of "SuperHero" rice and all the garden bugs they can eat per day :)

If you have space your own chooks will produce the best eggs you have ever tasted.

46 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Our girls are teetotal. Just checked with them, price still a handful of "SuperHero" rice and all the garden bugs they can eat per day :)

If you have space your own chooks will produce the best eggs you have ever tasted.

Not got the inclination to tell you the truth. Might liok into it in the future problem is wverbody in village has then more eggs being touted than you can throw a big stick at. Plus i probably eat no more than 6 eggs a month. So its not really worth it. Just so i can have a proper look at the set up costs ect exactly what is your set up and what hens do you have cheers

Edited by jeab1980

59 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Not always the case. I gave up eating our own eggs, quite revolting when you crack one into the pan and there is a half formed chick there.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not always the case. I gave up eating our own eggs, quite revolting when you crack one into the pan and there is a half formed chick there.

You have to collect them every day, "candle" (we use an LED torch) if there's any doubt.

Anyway, "balut" (although usually duck eggs) are a delicacy in some parts of the world :sick:

A few years ago I purchased a cartoon of extra large eggs of CP brand. 6 out of the 10 had double yolks. Never had that happen since. When I asked Tops for more like that they said it was just lucky. Looks like Wile e Coyote.

59c5c1877f818_2014-09-1806_15_41.thumb.jpg.5b82bd906829d3b15a20056381ea9e79.jpg

Edited by RBOP

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

You have to collect them every day, "candle" (we use an LED torch) if there's any doubt.

Anyway, "balut" (although usually duck eggs) are a delicacy in some parts of the world :sick:

They are my brother in laws chickens and turkeys, free range on about 6 acres. Eggs are usually stumbled across rather than looked for so the majority of eggs usually end up as cooked gai baan.