Three policemen grilled as possible Yingluck accomplices

webfact

Three policemen grilled as possible Yingluck accomplices

By The Nation

88a72da22ae25859ce8b1e94b9efc645.jpg

Three policemen early Friday point at a Toyota Camry suspected of being used by former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to escape from the kingdom last month.

BANGKOK: -- Three police officers taken into custody for allegedly helping former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra slip out of the country were granted temporary release on Friday morning.

Police sources said the three were interrogated at Royal Thai Police headquarters Thursday night and past midnight on Friday.

Meanwhile a bronze Toyota Camry bearing the licence plate Chor Khor 5323 was seized in Nakhon Pathom province.

The sources said four fake licence plates allegedly used in the affair had also been seized.

They said the three men could only be interrogated as witnesses since the court has yet to issue any arrest warrants regarding Yingluck’s flight from justice.

Once questioned, they were allowed to go without being charged, but the sources said they could still be charged with using fake licence plates.

In that event, the case would be handed over to Pathumwan police.

The sources said Deputy Police Commissioner General Pol General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul grilled the trio from 10.30pm Thursday to 1am on Friday.

Then at 2am, Srivara took them to confirm that the Camry car seized was the one used by Yingluck in her escape to Sa Kaeo, from where she is believed to have entered Cambodia.

The sources said one of the three men questioned is a police colonel who is “close” to a former Metropolitan Police Bureau chief.

They said the seized Camry belongs to a Bangkok woman who had not used it since 2012. It was one of two cars seen in CCTV surveillance recordings supposedly showing Yingluck being driven past a military facility in Sa Kaeo.

Yingluck apparently pulled off a dramatic escape in the day or two before the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders was to deliver its verdict on her on August 25.

She was tried for malfeasance over her government’s handling of the costly rice-pledging scheme.

The read of the verdict was postponed until September 27, when it will be presented in her absence if necessary.

If found guilty, the former prime minister could face up to 10 years in jail and a lifetime ban from politics.

Yingluck’s current whereabouts are unknown. She has not been seen in public since August 23, but it has been reported that she has joined her elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra in Dubai, where he has lived for years in self-exile, another fugitive from Thai justice.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327372

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-22

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

Once questioned, they were allowed to go without being charged, but the sources said they could still be charged with using fake licence plates

Meaning they still have to prove they used fake plates? When they do, they'll be charged? Or they know for sure they used fake plates and they're discussing whether or not to charge them for a crime?

If the latter, by not charging them with a crime, isn't that some kind of dereliction of duty? If I for a fact commit a crime, can the police mull over charging me? 

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

So they were arrested even though there are no arrest warrants having been issued and then let go because there were no arrest warrants! Wouldn't it have been smarter to wait till they had warrants, rather than go through this dumb exercise?

It's called questioning of suspects, done slightly differently to western countries. I would imagine that false number plates being found would be reasonable grounds for questioning.

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

Maybe these lowly pawns are awaiting for a fat envelope from Dubai as a reward?

Yeah, dream on.

"Use 'em, abuse 'em and lose 'em'' is the family motto.

If you think that Yingy escaped without the junta's knowledge then you're even dumber than the average fanboy.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Meaning they still have to prove they used fake plates? When they do, they'll be charged? Or they know for sure they used fake plates and they're discussing whether or not to charge them for a crime?

If the latter, by not charging them with a crime, isn't that some kind of dereliction of duty? If I for a fact commit a crime, can the police mull over charging me? 

Yes, the police can decide whether to charge you or issue you with a warning.

Police in the UK can do that to. Although the motivational factors could well be different!

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes, the police can decide whether to charge you or issue you with a warning.

Police in the UK can do that to. Although the motivational factors could well be different!

Well, if they know for sure they were using fake plates without any reason, I can't see any good reason for not charging them. Other than politics. 

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Yeah, dream on.

your tag line says it all, if only the poor  bastards constantly being conned would wake up.

46 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

So they were arrested even though there are no arrest warrants having been issued and then let go because there were no arrest warrants! Wouldn't it have been smarter to wait till they had warrants, rather than go through this dumb exercise?

you tink too mut...

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Yeah, dream on.

use them, then throw them under the bus with no conscience whatever

typical. just  got to laugh. who the hell would use fake licence plates and then keep them once the job is done, anyone with half as brain cell would have crushed them immediately.  its called getting rid of evidence. sorry. its too much for them to take in,, lol

I can't wait for Yingluck to spill the beans on exactly how she escaped........and who was involved........ it will surely come out.....

I wonder if she's holding off until the event that occurs during 25th-29th October is completed....or is holding off as she watches and the world watches the "circus" that is the ongoing  "Find Yingluck" episodes starring numerous Government officials and the RTP....(and it must surely be antagonising the shit out of them)...or could it be after the court verdict is revealed on the 27th of this month....??:coffee1:

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So what (and how long) will it take to decide if they are to be charged with anything?

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

typical. just  got to laugh. who the hell would use fake licence plates and then keep them once the job is done, anyone with half as brain cell would have crushed them immediately.  its called getting rid of evidence. sorry. its too much for them to take in,, lol

Might need to use them again for Sonny Jim.

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

it would seem the colonel was the driver

now who gave the authorisation?

Did I read somewhere recently that she has kept the same police security team in political exile that she had while she was PM?  Correct me if I am wrong.  If my memory is correct, then all I can say is "Golly, what a surprise."