Top government aid says decriminalize ganja!

rooster59

77(886).jpg

Image: Tnews

A top government aid to a deputy prime minister has thrown his weight behind the decriminalizing of ganga and krathom leaves.

Phaisan Pheutmongkhon - aide to deputy premier Prawit Wongsuwan - used his personal Facebook page to call for the drugs to be taken off the narcotics list.

His voice is one of many coming from legal, academic and medical circles that say the law should be changed for marijuana and krathom.

Phaisan wants to see ganga used for medical purposes. Tnews reported that he said on Facebook that he has a personal friend with cancer who has benefited enormously by being treated with ganja and other herbs.

This is believed to be abroad as Thailand still forbids such practice.

The decriminalization and even open sale of marijuana is taking place in many parts of the world. Many people in Thailand believe it is time for the country to follow suit.

Phaisan's voice on the matter represents another high profile advocate of change after similar pronouncements by the justice minister last year.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-23

More and more people (in high places) are starting to realize that if used

properly there are many benefits to these drugs.

I hope soon it will be legalized not for the recreatianol use but for sick people who can use it for many symptons.

Many years ago I was welcomed into the local Hindu temple by Sikh friends I stayed with in Agra. One part of the temple was a slops kitchen for passers by. The centre part was the temple itself where the praying was done. The third part was the infirmary where permanent residents rolled up wads of ganga to use as pain relief for the oldies.

Pity Thailand, along with most other countries, can't bring themselves to use the qualities of these drugs to reduce pain for the suffering.

18 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Grew up with it.  It is good once in a while.  Fail to understand the drama and controversy that surrounds it. 

I agree... but there are still a lot of people who think all drugs are bad. I like the stuff at times, only reasons I don't vape it (i dont smoke vaping it is healthier) is that its illegal here and that it screws up with my diet.. if i take it i lose all control food wise. 

To be an addict is hardly desirable, but even that is personal choice and a better alternative than being a drunkard. That aside there are medical benefits. Also of course of interest is seeing who was actively behind getting it banned in the first place, a hint would be who is making a killing off opioids at the moment.

18 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Brave man, methinks he'll be looking for another job soon.

I don’t think so. Views are changing quickly. Thailand got the war on drugs through treaties with the USA, it was not in the national or cultural dna (compare with Laos - no post Vietnam war money for Laos, no war on drugs).

Edited by mikebike

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

77(886).jpg

Image: Tnews

A top government aid to a deputy prime minister has thrown his weight behind the decriminalizing of ganga and krathom leaves.

Phaisan Pheutmongkhon - aide to deputy premier Prawit Wongsuwan - used his personal Facebook page to call for the drugs to be taken off the narcotics list.

His voice is one of many coming from legal, academic and medical circles that say the law should be changed for marijuana and krathom.

Phaisan wants to see ganga used for medical purposes. Tnews reported that he said on Facebook that he has a personal friend with cancer who has benefited enormously by being treated with ganja and other herbs.

This is believed to be abroad as Thailand still forbids such practice.

The decriminalization and even open sale of marijuana is taking place in many parts of the world. Many people in Thailand believe it is time for the country to follow suit.

Phaisan's voice on the matter represents another high profile advocate of change after similar pronouncements by the justice minister last year.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-23

Wake up , Thailand ... Legalizing cannabis might help to solve the big YABA problem here ... it is more of a medicine plant than a drug ,,, government could make billions by legalizing and selling it in pharamacies like elsewhere in the world ...

This to aide can't be talking out of school.  If he is, not a good thing. 

I reckon the boys at the top don't like to be pressured with facts, or that they should follow the lead of foreigners.  They have to be manipulated carefully into thinking this was their idea.