Yingluck sentenced to five years in jail

webfact

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bangrak said:

This is not sympathy, this is blind love, turning into rage. Don't know why the 'moderators' tolerated this outburst of yours. Must be there really is freedom of opinion in Thailand after all...

P.S.: Don't you have any good friend, who could advise you to consult?

Truth hurts?

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I agree there won't be but a few years is a short time in politics and things change.

Ever the optimist. Nothing positive (regarding steps toward democracy) has happened in nearly 3 1/2 years since the coup (I can't believe it's that long ago - had to recheck my calculation)... that's a long time in politics, yet protesting has been totally eliminated. If you have the military under your control (it's his army!!!) and outlaw protesting and public gatherings and control the media, how can anything change? It would require huge sacrifice and bloodshed and I don't think the Thai population has the stomach for it considering how peaceful life in Thailand is right now. It's not like people are suffering physically anywhere. All they've given up is personal freedom, which isn't much of a problem right now other than in people's minds. As long as the leader continues to be "nice", public revolt will not happen, no matter how long he postpones elections, or does away with them entirely. There won't be any problems until a truly nasty leader takes over. Right now no one has a choice, so all people can do is hope for the best.

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

There is no evidence Yingluck was involved in corruption.Are you going to withdraw your lie?

Personally the wealth figure surprised me.I thought it would have been more.Do you understand what equities have done in the time frame?

Thai copper becomes billionaire. His sister becomes prime minister and multi millionaire. Just good luck I suppose.

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

No surprise but no less outrageous, what a sad country Thailand has become.

She wasn't negligent in overseeing a scheme that cost the country $8 billion?

I sometimes wish that was punishable by time behind bars in the rest of the world, then we would not be bothered by politicians in Europe or anywhere else for a long time.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Yingluck Shinawatra, former Thai PM, found guilty, sentenced to prison

Lindsay Murdoch

Bangkok: Thailand's Supreme Court has sentenced former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to five years' jail after finding her guilty of negligence over a rice subsidy scheme her government set up to help farmers.

Nine judges took three hours to deliver the sentence on Wednesday, one month after Yingluck dramatically fled the country.

The sentence will anger millions of supporters in Yingluck's "Red-Shirt" movement ahead of elections promised next year by the military that staged a coup to topple her democratically elected government after months of political unrest in 2014.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au/world/yingluck-shinawatra-former-thai-pm-found-guilty-sentenced-to-prison-20170927-gypqd9.html

-- The Sydney Morning Herald 2017-09-27

More "journalism" from Murdoch. Both her & her brother's elections were brought. The rice Ponzi scheme stole billions from the farmers who supported her. These US backed puppets are best gone. 

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Yes and those that disagreed took power and granted themselves a full blanket amnesty.  The wheels will turn and those in power will be overthrown, the amnesty squashed and Prayuth charged with offences, a coup then happens

You obviously are "new". I covered this family scam from the beginning. Thaksin bought his way to power. Before that he ran a illegal computer business - while a serving police officer. He sold his business, which included a military satellite, to Temasak, the Lee family Singapore corporation and refused to pay tax on the billion dollar sale. His "war on drugs" killed 3000 people in three months. His clean up in the south killed another 80+ Muslim suspects by suffocation. He & his pals scammed the new airport deal, filling in marshland that caused predicted floods in BKK, overcharging for "airport quality" sand which caused the runway to collapse. He finally skipped out and put his useless sister (daughter?) in, buying support again. She wasn't smart enough to steal even with Thaksin's advice. She just screwed up but she got off lightly. Call me back when you've read up on this yourself. Start with the word "Hakka".    

Edited by jgarbo

15 hours ago, tropo said:

Her brother was sentenced by a legitimately elected government. Yingluck was sentenced by a military regime. There will be no extradition. She can claim political asylum anywhere she pleases.

you need to read the facts.  she is guilty by the court. nothing to do with Khun Prayuth making the decision.  Stop supporting criminal activity.

12 hours ago, TSF said:

Great to see the end of the damn Shinawatras, nothing but trouble, worse thing I've seen happen to Thailand in the nearly 40 years I've been here. 

Totally agree. Did nothing but rip billions of baht of the Thai people and it's economy just to fulfill their extravagant lifestyle.