Shops and restaurant that accept Bitcoin in Pattaya

DeeMak9

So do these places post their prices in bitcoin?    

I presume you & the proprietors in these establishments have apps on your phones that talk to each other, do the baht<>bitcoin conversions, and handle the transaction, so that part of it sounds easy enough.  But really what's the point?  Buying and wallet'ing bitcoin just to be able to do that in a few places?  You still have to carry around cash for the majority of businesses that only take baht.   And you still probably tip in baht, right?  And heaven forbid your phone battery dies...

Honestly not criticizing.  Just curious why the bitcoin routine is "better" for stuff like this.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 9:55 AM, DeeMak9 said:

Being your own bank is the biggest benefit for me. The benefit of bitcoin itself is a very very long list :-)

If you think bitcoin is the same as being your own bank, perhaps you don't know what bitcoin is or what banks are. There are four broad categories of bitcoiners: dreamers, speculators (scammers), drug dealers and people circumventing capital controls/tax evaders. They claim to distrust fiat currency. When bitcoiners are robbed or if their house is on fire, they will call the police and first responders. And guess who pays for these services: tax payers earning real money. This following story explains the future of cryptos. Dream on while it lasts.

http://www.atimes.com/cryptocurrencies-china-blocked-initial-coin-offerings/

• Haha 1

Please refrain from posting your views at bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies. Its not the point of this topic.  Otherwise I would have posted why I think bitcoin and cryptos are great. Thank you.

Edited by DeeMak9
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 3:34 PM, Mango1913 said:

How about store of wealth. Had you bought Bitcoin in early 2013 you would have seen roughly 800X gain in value.  You can then take your huge pile of Bitcoin down to the Beer Garden (on topic) and buy everybody a drink.

Less so now , and so on. If you're in now get out as soon as you can it's on its way to zero. Are there any cafes in Pattaya that accept tulips ?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/02/bitcoin-biggest-bubble-in-history-says-economist-who-predicted-2008-crash

• Like 1

On 10/1/2017 at 2:01 PM, Dipterocarp said:

Bitcoin is Inherently insecure and subject to all the 

volatility and manipulations of the national currencies ostensibly intends to replace, but  too a much

greater degree.  At best a fad, more likely a huge scam I'd reckon.

Yeah, seems to have been a bit of a fad that is in deep decline and on its arse now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Less so now , and so on. If you're in now get out as soon as you can it's on its way to zero. Are there any cafes in Pattaya that accept tulips ?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/02/bitcoin-biggest-bubble-in-history-says-economist-who-predicted-2008-crash

A it like a classic pump and dump stock scam, only using a different vehicle

I'm making a list of shops and restaurants in Pattaya that accept bitcoin and/or other cryptocurrencies.

So far I got:

Restaurants/bars:
Retox Game On
Retox Lengkee
Robin Hood Tavern
Pattaya Beer Garden

Services:
Siam Secure Safe Deposit Boxes

Any one knows more places?

Hi! How is your list coming along. Have you found any other places other then what’s here?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 01/10/2017 at 8:01 AM, Dipterocarp said:

Bitcoin is Inherently insecure and subject to all the 

volatility and manipulations of the national currencies ostensibly intends to replace, but  too a much

greater degree.  At best a fad, more likely a huge scam I'd reckon.

And it is the currency of international crooks...

Anyway thanks for the reminder to check my Anti Virus software is up to date, I do not want to be buying bitcoins...

• 2 weeks later...

What  foolishness and ignorance of the posts here. Crypto currency is the money of the future. In 5 or 10 years they would be happy if they had some. I guess the majority of the experts here are over 70 and have voted for Trump or Brexit.

Your printed Fiat currency will buy you less beer every year

2 minutes ago, lumping said:

What  foolishness and ignorance of the posts here. Crypto currency is the money of the future. In 5 or 10 years they would be happy if they had some. I guess the majority of the experts here are over 70 and have voted for Trump or Brexit.

And another brand new poster touting      CRYPTO CURRENCY!

What a shock to the system..

9 hours ago, lumping said:

Another poor sucker that has fallen for the hype!! So sad.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 4:34 PM, Basil B said:

Me think this a feeble attempt to promote BitCoin...

BitCoin is on the slide at only half its value this time last year.

Oh my god, you really think this is an attempt to shill bitcoin? It has a 163 billion marketcap at the time of writing and a 30 days trading volume of over 270 billion dollars. I couldnt care less about one or two people that might by bitcoin after a post on Thaivisa.

5 hours ago, LennyW said:

Another poor sucker that has fallen for the hype!! So sad.

Haha, you have no idea. But thats fine.

Edited by DeeMak9