Police search Yingluck’s house, seize belongings

webfact

9 hours ago, jonclark said:

Lol - Steve you know they are not going to do that. 

The government are complicit in her exile as the main facilitators of it. (look back through Thai history, its the way ex-thai leaders disappear and very common practice). She has gone quietly, they won't prod the proverbial hornets nest now. She and her brother will keep the vast majority of the wealth in return for keeping quiet. Perhaps a small amount will be seized, but nothing major. Just enough to satisfy those baying for blood. 

Certainly you are joking. Everything will be sold at auction. I forget the exact amount she is liable for, but it has to be the largest monetary judgment (or one of the largest) ever handed down.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

They will eventually seize all of her homes, the contents therein, and all the vehicles and sell them at auction in order to satisfy the judgment against her.

Opps! How stupid I must have been. I automatically thought it was to get as much money as possible.

12 hours ago, JAG said:

After 6 pm, so it required Article 44?

They really are making it up as they go along...

Warrants are usually serve during a set time. Maybe Thailand has 6 pm as the usual cut off and article 44 allows the time limitation to be lifted.  Just a guess on my part. 

Edited by DepDavid
Add comments

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

They will eventually seize all of her homes, the contents therein, and all the vehicles and sell them at auction in order to satisfy the judgment against her.

Yes, of course there could well be some incidental expenses, which will have to be recouped - possibly by selling some items under less formal circumstances...

Edited by JAG

On 29/09/2017 at 8:19 AM, ezzra said:

I:m sure that what ever she left behind is a staff she could do without or

never see gain, and now, a new saga starting, search and locate Yingluck

and the herculean efforts to bring her home to serve her sentencing..

all i can say is good luck to them all because we're not going to hear

the end of for long, long time...

I am of the opposite opinion, I believe they will not enter a dispute with any country in which a citizen seeks asylum since it might plunge the country into a diplomatic conflict, noting her recent whereabouts being in the UK.

....not having her under guard considering the magnitude of the alleged crimes.....

...then waiting weeks before searching her properties....

....what is the reasoning....

....and no mention of amount she is charged to repay....so is she exempt from any penalty now...

...otherwise why not seize all her assets...and those of her relatives mentioned as being involved...???

On 9/29/2017 at 6:58 AM, steven100 said:

good .....  !!    seize all her assets and wealth .... then go after her and her criminal brother.

Billions taken from the Thai people & it's economy ... :post-4641-1156693976: 

Yes and then hunt down the 700 billion that is missing from the Thai treasury now. Imprison all the PM's that allowed corruption to occur during their tenure and seize their assets to compensate the Thai people. They can't all have allowed corruption during their terms...or could they??? LOL