Interpol asked to issue Blue Notice on Yingluck

rooster59

Interpol asked to issue Blue Notice on Yingluck

Yingluck_interpol30sep17.jpg

The Royal Thai Police has asked the Interpol to issue a Blue Notice for its 190 member countries to find the whereabouts of fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, deputy police spokesman Pol Col Krisna Pattanacharoen said on Saturday (Sept 30).

Pol Col Krisna said that after the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions found Ms Yingluck guilty of neglect of duty in the rice-pledging scheme and sentenced her to five years in jail without suspension, the RTP has ordered all units to look for her.

An arrest has been sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to revoke her passport.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/interpol-asked-issue-blue-notice-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-01

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess I'll be first to say it.So 5 years for Red Bulls blue notice to be issued @ 5 weeks for YLs blue notice seems both unbiased and reasonable. So I guess I can infer from that negligence of duty carries more weight than killing a cop.

Edited by starky

Took them weeks to get Interpol on to Yingluck, convicted of something she would not even be charged with in most of the world, that has no statute of limitation, and is more likely to be grounds for asylum than extradition.

Took them years to get Interpol on to that Red Bull lad, charged with offences he would have long since been locked up for in most of the world, all but one of which has now gone beyond the relevant statute of limitation, but would all have definitely been grounds for detention and extradition.

Why?

39 minutes ago, Get Real said:

And so the story about the red and blue notes were created....

I guess it will be a best seller worldwide. After make it to the movies as one of the top 3 comedies of the year.

I would nominate Carl Hiaasen to write the screenplay. He is good with out-there slapstick folly.

I don't think that somehow, big brother will allow his sister to be nabbed

by no Interpol or any other law enforcement agency,

it is not without reason to conclude that Yingluck has another passport

or two by now and that she'll be well shielded from any harms to her...

23 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Not quite sure why they are bothering with a blue notice that just asks to be informed of someones whereabouts, when she is by all account in London. Maybe the Junta should read the news occasionally.

And most likely the "Boss" is just a hop, skip and a jump away in Malaysia at the Malaysian Grand Prix today!  Bet they don't even look for him!

Now they have discovered Interpol notices,after so long,they issue

a red and blue in quick succession,maybe the next one will be yellow

or green,then they will go after the full set.there is no way they want

Yingluck back in Thailand,especially in prison,they are happy for her

to be in exile for the rest of her life,and that goes for her brother too.

regards worgeordie

There are eight types of notices, seven of which are colour-coded by their function: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Purple. 

Interpol can only publish a notice that adheres to all the proper legal conditions. For example, a notice will not be published if it violates Interpol's constitution, which forbids the organisation from undertaking activities of a political, military, religious, or racial character. Interpol can refuse to publish a notice that it considers inadvisable or a potential risk.

Eight Noices!!! What Fun! Of course according to that last paragraph they might not issue ONE NOTICE. Expect months of debate on that :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

For example, a notice will not be published if it violates Interpol's constitution, which forbids the organisation from undertaking activities of a political, military, religious, or racial character.

That may be the theory but:

"Interpol's system of red notices is open to political abuse by oppresssive regimes and facilitates the arrest of peaceful activitists and refugees around the world, according to the UK-based organisation, Fair Trials International."

In practice Interpol taked a Pontius Pilate attitude:

"Interpol is not a judicial body. It is not, nor should it be the responsibility of INTERPOL ... to assess evidence at the national level." (spokeswoman for Interpol)

Source:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/27/interpol-accused-red-notice-requests

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Not sure how it works , but lets say Thailand has notified Interpol to look out for a Thai citizen of the name Yingluck.

Meanwhile there is a Miss Yingluck who entered England as an African citizen preparing to move into a 260 mill condo

Maybe not same person

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

the whole police show is a farce; junta doesnt want her back here and she likely has a better life there anyway

At least she will be living in a free country that still has something approaching free speech, where there is 90% less slaughter on the roads and she will not even have to go to immigration every 90 days. The Tv is watchable as well it actually has real news sometimes, documentaries, and almost no grovelling every night.

6 hours ago, starky said:

Guess I'll be first to say it.So 5 years for Red Bulls blue notice to be issued @ 5 weeks for YLs blue notice seems both unbiased and reasonable. So I guess I can infer from that negligence of duty carries more weight than killing a cop.

In his non-fiction book, Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man’s Fight for Justice, Bill Browder, the CEO of Hermitage Capital Management, describes how the Russian government repeatedly requested that Interpol issue a Red Notice for his arrest. Interpol refused to do so on the basis that it deemed the request was "predominantly political in nature and therefore contrary to INTERPOL's rules and regulations".   

Blue notice only requests information. YL is safe.

Red Bull kid definitely deserves a Red Notice. Nothing political about his case.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Not quite sure why they are bothering with a blue notice that just asks to be informed of someones whereabouts, when she is by all account in London. Maybe the Junta should read the news occasionally.

You mean news written by foreigners?

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Well he should cover for her seeing as how it's entirely his doing that she is where she is today, a fugitive of justice. Her big gutless brother should have returned to Thailand and put his hand up for the fiasco, but unfortunately no balls no soul, or care for his sister operating at his behest.  

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

It would not be possible for this bunch of clowns to look more stupid than they do now.

Red bull heir 5 years, Yingluck 5 minutes, maybe ,money has something to do with it.

When it comes to the owners of the hands working the glove puppets masquerading as government, Yoovidhya's are one of theirs, whereas Shinawatra's will never, ever be.

Yingluck cannot be handed over to Thai authorities without an official extradition order .  For police to arrest her and Thais to grab her constitutes abduction which is internationally illegal .  Extradition is granted when a crime committed is also a recognized crime in that particular country .  Extradition is not an automatic procedure , it requires court hearings to judge whether there is a case for extradition .

I do not see Yingluck being extradited from anywhere .  I think the Thai government is trying to show that she illegally slipped out of Thailand , that she cowardly ran away from her responsibility .  It would not surprise me if her escape had been with the full knowledge and encouragement of the military leaders .  Yingluck in a Thai prison would be a martyr , a heroine , with a vast number of supporters , and embarrassment to the authorities .  Very likely Phue Thai would have a sweeping victory in forthcoming elections .   

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

And so the story about the red and blue notes were created....

I guess it will be a best seller worldwide. After make it to the movies as one of the top 3 comedies of the year.

And if there is a color ranking of becoming a laughing stock, these guys just won the rainbow. 

8 hours ago, starky said:

My first instinct on reading the headline was to make this comparison. Thai politics and the inequality of Thai justice come together to provide yet another glaring example of how the morality of this country has gone nowhere in 50 years. I hope Yingluck evades 'justice' and the Red Bull heir has to face the consequences of his actions, but I know that the latter hope will never be fulfilled. 

8 hours ago, starky said:

Perhaps the difference is that she is a red shirt and her name is Shinawatra

Surely Mr. Red Bull left bigger brown envelopes at the right places

6 minutes ago, Mainhattencitizen said:

Perhaps the difference is that she is a red shirt and her name is Shinawatra

Surely Mr. Red Bull left bigger brown envelopes at the right places

Or that YL was charged and found guilty, whereas they are still trying to get the little scumbag back so he can be charged. 

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

It would not be possible for this bunch of clowns to look more stupid than they do now.

Red bull heir 5 years, Yingluck 5 minutes, maybe ,money has something to do with it.

Money is never the problem!  Five years ago she was PM and no-one ever dreamed that history would repeat itself with the sister of a very well heeled (and such a well connected) ex (Pol.) Lt. Col.   That other annoying old Red Bull matter was just business that Social media will not leave alone.  This was supposed to be in-house private business but unfortunately Social Media will not leave it alone, either.  Durned pesky Social Media, trying to democratise Thailand, one crook at a time.  (Or 50 crooks at a time, as the case may be.)  People should be ashamed of themselves, interfering with public servants' income streams and career prospects. 

Edited by The Deerhunter