U.S. rocker Tom Petty reported 'clinging to life' - TMZ.com

webfact

U.S. rocker Tom Petty reported 'clinging to life' - TMZ.com

tag-reuters.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Musician Tom Petty performs on stage after being inducted during the 47th Songwriters Hall of Fame Induction ceremony in New York, NY, U.S. on June 9, 2016. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz/File Photo

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. rocker Tom Petty was reported on Monday to be clinging to life in a southern California hospital after conflicting reports that he had died.

CBS News, citing Los Angeles Police Department, had earlier reported that Petty, 66, had died. The LAPD later said on Twitter that it has "no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertently provided to some media sources."

Celebrity website TMZ.com, citing unidentified sources, reported later that Petty was not expected to live much longer but was "still clinging to life."

Representatives for the singer did not return calls for comment or confirmation on Petty's condition.

TMZ.com said earlier that Petty was rushed to hospital on Sunday night after being found unconscious, not breathing and in cardiac arrest. The website said he had been placed on life support, and that his family has a do not resuscitate order.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said it had responded to a call in Malibu on Sunday and had transported a male to the hospital. A spokeswoman gave no further details.

Rock singer Petty, best known for hits like "Free Fallin,'" "Don't Come Around Here No More" and "American Girl," was on a 40th anniversary tour of the United States with his band The Heartbreakers, playing three dates in September at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant and Piya Sinha-Roy; editing by Diane Craft)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-10-03

It's difficult to know what to say.   Being on life support doesn't bode well for making any kind of meaningful recovery.  

His music was well liked by a lot of people. 

My thoughts are with him and his family.  

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

Post links Joeyg.....Pleeease.....can not be bothered surfing around all the time...there is so much badly (reported) news out there at the moment.

I've already "Surfed"... Pleeease... do your own homework if you don't like the research I've done...

3 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I've already "Surfed"... Pleeease... do your own homework if you don't like the research I've done...

You've already posted you believe MSM lies to us.  And are getting your info from fringe websites.  Please, stop with the fake news.  Please show a credible link, otherwise, it's not true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/business/media/tom-petty-cardiac-arrest.html

CBS Erroneously Reports Tom Petty’s Death, Setting Off an Outpouring

12 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I've already "Surfed"... Pleeease... do your own homework if you don't like the research I've done..

OK Joeyg...I think we all get the picture....

You haven't a clue, have you ?................:coffee1:

9 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Back on topic please, this is about Tom Petty

There is confusion sceadugenga..... when someone is posting  RIP statements , then saying...oh  he's not dead after all but I have news that they are invoking his DNR wish.

Didn't think it was off topic to ask for a link......:coffee1:

Edited by oxo1947

1 minute ago, webfact said:

Thanks for that link.  Another great one gone.

From your link:

The band wrapped up their tour just a week ago.

I went with a friend on part of a tour one time.  Talk about stress. 

RIP.

U.S. rocker Tom Petty dies after cardiac arrest - manager

By Piya Sinha-Roy

tag-reuters-2.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Musician Tom Petty and his wife Dana York pose at the 31st annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards in Hollywood, California, U.S., April 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/File Photo

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Veteran rocker Tom Petty, best known for hits such as "Free Fallin'" and "American Girl," died on Monday after he was found unconscious and in cardiac arrest, his manager said. He was 66.

Full story:  https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1005195-us-musician-tom-petty-dies-aged-66/

A troll post and answer have been removed

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Another one bites the dust. Seems faves are checking out more and more often. Probably just 'cuz the queue is getting shorter and shorter! :sad: 

Grew up just 90 miles from his hometown of Gainesville, FL. Was always a fan. Sad news and a great loss...:402: