Thai youths batter Iranian tourist in Pattaya

webfact

7 hours ago, slippery snake said:

Exactly right.. I seen a couple of fights and Thai guys come quickly running from 50 meters away to get a  elbow punch in,  or a kick in the head to the victim, even when he is lying on the ground..   then they disappear just as quickly...   

Guess you could say they look after their mates, uh !!    or just like a pack of hounds after a helpless fox ??? 

Or a bunch of teddy boys from the fifties, or a bunch of skinheads from the sixties....football hooligans...need I go on?

A lot of posters on here either have short memories or have lived very sheltered lives.

7 hours ago, sahibji said:

what are you talking about? how is your story related to this incidence?

I guess he was linking the arrogance and behaviour often displayed by many middle eastern men that may have had something to do with this guy getting beaten up.

Possibly this guy assaulted one of their girlfriends in some manner and paid the price.

Not saying that has happened but from my observations some middle easterners think they are superior to other races  (maybe the cultural infidel thing?) and have zero respect for women (possibly another cultural trait) and openly display this.

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Ultimately was there an objective reason to bash up the fellow or was it subjectively random and biased ?

Not taking anyones side, but if his only crime was to have a better built body then his assailants and to be a foreigner, is that a sufficient  reason to give him a thrashing ?... If yes, tomorrow it could be anybody else, whose sole crime would be to be a foreigner, a farang, tourist or expat and get his head smashed...

Thus, I would not chuckle too fast over the chaps misfortune until some facts are more or less established...

A damn good thrashing?...No...Jeeves get my tweed jacket and load the 12 gauge!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Or a bunch of teddy boys from the fifties, or a bunch of skinheads from the sixties....football hooligans...need I go on?

A lot of posters on here either have short memories or have lived very sheltered lives.

The difference is that you wouldn't get a " bunch of teddy boys from the fifties, or a bunch of skinheads from the sixties....football hooligans"  ganging up together to beat up a Thai visitor to their country!

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and say hello to the ayatollah for me. :cheesy:

That's a pretty xenophobic comment i should say. Iranian killed less people in the world than US did so why so much hate? I am not Iranian by the way but looking at people mirroring the hate raised by mainstream medias makes me sick. If you walk in Iran you will be safe , will i be safe as a white foreigner if i go anywhere in New York?

Met one once in Jomtien , he was polite and well educated , and not showing hate and open minded. Just try to see the worl by yourself instead of looking it the way your are told too.

Edited by bodymassagemyfriend
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

That's a pretty xenophobic comment i should say. Iranian killed less people in the world than US did so why so much hate? I am not Iranian by the way but looking at people mirroring the hate raised by mainstream medias makes me sick. If you walk in Iran you will be safe , will i be safe as a white foreigner if i go anywhere in New York?

Met one once in Jomtien , he was polite and well educated , and not showing hate and open minded. Just try to see the worl by yourself instead of looking it the way your are told too.

Where is the hate in NCC1701A's message? Maybe you are looking for something too hard that aint actually there? A bit like religion :) 

I also cannot understand your comment about being safe in Iran when there are media reporters still being held captive even after Obama gave them a free pass? (Iran, not the reporters)

• Like 1

The original Ayatollah was quite the character. LOADS of fun to joke about!

Iranians are decent folks at heart. I have met many.

There was an Iranian that used to frequent my favorite watering hole in Abu Dhabi.

Everybody liked the the guy, but we'd all call him "The Ayatollah". He loved it.

The few others I have met were just decent, hardworking people.

3 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Where is the hate in NCC1701A's message? Maybe you are looking for something too hard that aint actually there? A bit like religion :) 

I also cannot understand your comment about being safe in Iran when there are media reporters still being held captive even after Obama gave them a free pass? (Iran, not the reporters)

The Liberals, that will find xenophobia/racism (any and everywhere they can) here far exceed the people with a bit of brains.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jaywalker said:

The Liberals, that will find xenophobia/racism (any and everywhere they can) here far exceed the people with a bit of brains.

I understand you perfectly, Im just happy more and more people are seeing things that way. They must get bored after an hour has passed and they haven't defended someone or something, or, attacked or opposed something

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Senior Player said:

Just out of curiosity, are you a permanent resident in Pattaya, or are you a frequent visitor that only tends to spend a few weeks here every so often? I only ask as I’ve been a permanent resident in Pattaya for almost 2 years, and I have to agree with the previous commentator that not a week tends to go by without some poor farrang being on the receiving end of a bloody gang-style bashing of some sort. And it’s not necessarily just from Thais, it can also be from any nationality that’s taken an exception to your presence. Fortunately, I’ve never attracted that type of unwanted attention myself, but being a victim of violence in Pattaya is increasingly becoming more and more likely for some poor and unfortunate travelers being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Coincidently, nothing to do with your post, but 5am isn’t that early to be out and about as some here have commented on. I’ve gotten up at that time myself to wander down to 7-Eleven, or to see a friend off to the airport. I certainly don’t expect to get beaten up for it. One thing I’ve noticed at this hour is it tends to be the closing time of a nearby male karaoke bar, hence lots of young male Thais reviving up their mopeds after ending their night shift. Again, I’ve had no problems with these kids myself.

I am not currently a resident but spend around 6 months per year over here. Was in Pattaya 2 weeks ago and everywhere and everything seemed pretty much same as as far as nightlife goes. I usually work my round all the usual  haunts and everyone seemed in good spirits. 

I don't spend as much time in Pattaya as I used to so if it's changed for the worse then I put my hands up. Appears I've been fortunate on my travels so far. I'm not a Thai defender but as I say I've seen more problems from drunk ferang than I have Thai. That said I don't frequent predominately Thai places unless I'm with my partner. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I am not currently a resident but spend around 6 months per year over here. Was in Pattaya 2 weeks ago and everywhere and everything seemed pretty much same as as far as nightlife goes. I usually work my round all the usual  haunts and everyone seemed in good spirits. 

I don't spend as much time in Pattaya as I used to so if it's changed for the worse then I put my hands up. Appears I've been fortunate on my travels so far. I'm not a Thai defender but as I say I've seen more problems from drunk ferang than I have Thai. That said I don't frequent predominately Thai places unless I'm with my Sometimes partner. 

Sometimes few shots of Jack Daniels can help you.. just blend in to the crowd of maniacs out there.

No worries from the cops. They all head off to a Mia Noi when the sun goes down. Lucky buggers!

Edited by jaywalker
  • Like 1

"Must have"?  With a "zillion yobs"?  No.  Obviously.  Likely?  With a few "yobs" he somehow encountered?  Yes.  Are you really seriously suggesting that these five punks just picked out this guy totally at random, and bottle-beat him for no reason?   But who knows, maybe he just had a big lame emoji tat on his forehead and started a fight when the youths starting making fun of him?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, darhut said:

I don't know what transpired but I can't imagine anyone that would attack someone that physically big without some good reason.

Right. Thais don't attack but they always retaliate. Problem is a visitor might insult/challenge a Thai inadvertently. Then, trouble.  

I would be full of shock and outrage but as it's Pattaya it comes as no shock. It happened to an Iranian, surprise surprise, if the ones i've seen knocking around are anything to go by he was probably giving it the big un' without realizing what happens when you do that to a loads of thais here. anyway, maybe he'll post it on his Facebook to put off some other Iranians coming here. See! every cloud and all that

• Like 1

Or maybe iranian guy got gobby (not known for this are they!) Or Iranian guy refused to pay for services remdered by Lady boy (not known for that iether eh).

But as no robbery was mentioned have to wonder.

However i deplore gang attacks on anyone one on one no problems.

8 hours ago, Happy enough said:

I would be full of shock and outrage but as it's Pattaya it comes as no shock. It happened to an Iranian, surprise surprise, if the ones i've seen knocking around are anything to go by he was probably giving it the big un' without realizing what happens when you do that to a loads of thais here. anyway, maybe he'll post it on his Facebook to put off some other Iranians coming here. See! every cloud and all that

Pattaya, walking street, beachroad at night, or day, 'if you lay down with dogs, don't expect to get fleas, expect to get bitten'

19 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I don't spend as much time in Pattaya as I used to so if it's changed for the worse then I put my hands up. Appears I've been fortunate on my travels so far. I'm not a Thai defender but as I say I've seen more problems from drunk ferang than I have Thai. That said I don't frequent predominately Thai places unless I'm with my partner. 

Thanks for the reply. I think it’s understandable that if there’s one isolated incident a week, then it’s highly unlikely that you, or I, will be at that exact location to witness it. One would need to spread oneself around pretty thickly in order to get to see all the major shenanigans that go on in and around Pattaya in a single night. Though I understand your perceptions of Pattaya might be still the same on the surface, due perhaps to your limited time in one location each night, it doesn’t mean that something isn’t kicking off elsewhere, just out of sight or further down the road. I happen to agree with your other observation that it’s more common to see problems arising from misbehaving drunk farangs than it is Thais. But if I’m honest, it’s only been limited to a few occasions as the majority seem to mostly behave themselves. I’ve traveled extensively around Northern Thailand and haven’t seen the same sort of problems that have been reported in Pattaya, BKK Sukhumvit Nana or the islands myself, but I tend to stay well clear of rowdy nightspots if I can help it. Maybe I’ve just been lucky? Anyway, cheers. Here’s to further trouble-free stays ahead.

• Like 2