Leaving Thailand for Non O visa run.

Hello All,

I have got my first 1 yr Non O ME based on marriage from Savannakhet and have done the extension which expires 15 Oct so i need to leave Thailand and return. Is this just a walk through and turn around as i did several years ago with Jack's Golf from Sukhumwit 12 if i remember correctly or is 1 (one) night out of Thailand necessary?

If it is same day turn around can i do it myself or Jacks Golf is a better way to go?..I guess Aranyaprathet is closest?

If it requires 1 night outside of Thailand is any border available as i may take my wife?.. i live in BKK.

I did search but could not find the answers to my above questions.

Thank you in advance.

you can go to ban laem if in bkk. buses leave around 6am from tesco on nut next to the bts. back in the afternoon.  no need to stay over night. i would avoid poipet. they let me through last time but are a pain in the ass just easier to do it elsewhere

Edited by Happy enough
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Phu Nam Ron burma is a nice easy crossing to do, 900 something baht, no full page visa. 

Thank you Steve, I have never been to Burma, could you please be more precise with the crossing point? i found Phu Nam Ron in Ratchaburi but could not see the crossing point. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

If you do an in/out at a border crossing with Cambodia, you are officially (by the Cambodia side) supposed to stay one night in Cambodia. A small donation overcomes that, and a visa run company will take care of it if you are doing it that way.

As others have suggested, Phu Nam Ron is a cheaper option, and there is no official requirement for an overnight stay, .

Just now, BritTim said:

If you do an in/out at a border crossing with Cambodia, you are officially (by the Cambodia side) supposed to stay one night in Cambodia. A small donation overcomes that, and a visa run company will take care of it if you are doing it that way.

As others have suggested, Phu Nam Ron is a cheaper option, and there is no official requirement for an overnight stay, .

no need to stay overnight at ban laem. a 'friendly' border 555. even poipet won't make you stay over night. just ask a lot of questions. smile and wai and back in

2 hours ago, james.d said:

Thank you Steve, I have never been to Burma, could you please be more precise with the crossing point? i found Phu Nam Ron in Ratchaburi but could not see the crossing point. 

Thank you.

here is a recent thread on visa border hops and Phu nam Ron is talked about together with local accommodation. have a good trip

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

no need to stay overnight at ban laem. a 'friendly' border 555. even poipet won't make you stay over night. just ask a lot of questions. smile and wai and back in

As it happens, I have never paid either. The fact remains that, according to the law, visitors to Cambodia by land are supposed to stay in the country overnight. (This does not apply if arriving by air.) The argument has been that this condition is to boost the Cambodian economy. My personal belief is that it was specifically designed to provide a convenient source of income for the officials. Many people do pay.

Just now, BritTim said:

As it happens, I have never paid either. The fact remains that, according to the law, visitors to Cambodia by land are supposed to stay in the country overnight. (This does not apply if arriving by air.) The argument has been that this condition is to boost the Cambodian economy. My personal belief is that it was specifically designed to provide a convenient source of income for the officials. Many people do pay.

never had to pay but haven't done a border trip since last year but sure it's the same, smile and wai and back in. every border. don't pay the cambodians.. for what? don't even live there. they can swivel. oh and the law. well we all know about that 555

• Like 1

Went to Phu Nam Ron a few months ago. Have Non O, multiple entry, (Marriage), and went for 90 days stamp.

Told when checking out, that I could not come there again. Next time I should leave from an airport.

Anyone else got this message?

Else it was easy and fast. I was the only customer so did not wait. A pickup took me across the border and back. 900 or 960 baht.
Tried Ban Laem earlier in 2017, they charged 1,900 baht for cambodian visa.

If i was you Aranyaprathet will not be the best solution.

Aranyaprathet Then you have to go to Khnom Penh. The thai consulate. In 2005 i had problem from there and had to make a very long trip to Laos Vientiane.

If you had 1 year visa from sawanakhet Laos. Why you not make at same place?

You can also go to Nong Khai cross the border at freind ship bridge to the thai embassy. so if you have marriage visa i do not see any problem for your next 1 year visa.  

10 minutes ago, beowolf2012 said:

If i was you Aranyaprathet will not be the best solution.

Aranyaprathet Then you have to go to Khnom Penh. The thai consulate. In 2005 i had problem from there and had to make a very long trip to Laos Vientiane.

If you had 1 year visa from sawanakhet Laos. Why you not make at same place?

You can also go to Nong Khai cross the border at freind ship bridge to the thai embassy. so if you have marriage visa i do not see any problem for your next 1 year visa.  

OK i was wrong. I think you had to make a new 1 year visa. If you only have to extend the visa Then you can go in and out same day. Do not need to sleep 1 night. Cambodia visa 1900,00 baht Laos visa 1500,00 Baht check in and check out. Then go to the thai border.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

here is a recent thread on visa border hops and Phu nam Ron is talked about together with local accommodation. have a good trip

Steve, could you please add the thread as i cannot see it in you post.

Thank you again.

2 hours ago, bkkthai said:

Went to Phu Nam Ron a few months ago. Have Non O, multiple entry, (Marriage), and went for 90 days stamp.
Told when checking out, that I could not come there again. Next time I should leave from an airport.
Anyone else got this message? 

Else it was easy and fast. I was the only customer so did not wait. A pickup took me across the border and back. 900 or 960 baht.

First I've heard of this at that border.  Was this recently?  That "must fly in" lie is usually only told at Poipet/Aranya.  I hope this disease is not spreading.

2 hours ago, bkkthai said:

Tried Ban Laem earlier in 2017, they charged 1,900 baht for cambodian visa.

They will scam you if given the chance.  Be sure to show up with $30 USD exact-change plus 100-Baht "tip" - maybe 300-Baht tip if on a same-day return - so under 1350 Baht total max.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

First I've heard of this at that border.  Was this recently?  That "must fly in" lie is usually only told at Poipet/Aranya.  I hope this disease is not spreading.

It was in June this year.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

They will scam you if given the chance.  Be sure to show up with $30 USD exact-change plus 100-Baht "tip" - maybe 300-Baht tip if on a same-day return - so under 1350 Baht total max.

I know USD is better for the visa. The price here was not only for the visa, also "return fee". I flled in forms alone without the "visahelpers" (their price 1.900) and got visa and stamped in Cambodia. Refused to stamp me out of Cambodia again if I not went back to the "visahelpers" and paid them up to the full price or stayed 1 night in Cambodia. Around 6-700 "extra fee". Tip was not accepted at check out here.
Poi Pet has last year been 1.200 baht for Cambodian visa and no "one day fee".

4 minutes ago, bkkthai said:

I know USD is better for the visa. The price here was not only for the visa, also "return fee". I flled in forms alone without the "visahelpers" (their price 1.900) and got visa and stamped in Cambodia. Refused to stamp me out of Cambodia again if I not went back to the "visahelpers" and paid them up to the full price or stayed 1 night in Cambodia. Around 6-700 "extra fee". Tip was not accepted at check out here.
Poi Pet has last year been 1.200 baht for Cambodian visa and no "one day fee".

But Poi Pet say 'must fly back' now, so you have to take a bus/taxi run around to Ban Laem and re-enter Thailand there, anyway.  But, yes, I never heard of "one day fee" there, back in the day.

At Ban Laem, the "extra fees," including same-day re-entry, are generally paid at the same little office where you get your Cambodian VOA sticker - across the street from the stamp in/out desks.

I will go to Phu Nam Ron for 90 days renewal of my Non O ME based on marriage, the thread below was very much appreciated. It seems a good / simple option for me.

Would just like to say, many, many thanks to all for your informative posts.

On 10/10/2017 at 4:44 PM, BritTim said:

300 thb, not small.

3 minutes ago, dpdp said:

300 thb, not small.

it's an extra value meal at mcdonalds so hardly large but if you refuse to pay they should let you pass. i heard they ask for 100 but they kind of just try it on it seems. they'll take what they can get. agency run might be less hassle

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

it's an extra value meal at mcdonalds so hardly large but if you refuse to pay they should let you pass. i heard they ask for 100 but they kind of just try it on it seems. they'll take what they can get. agency run might be less hassle

If they really want to stick their heels in, they are within their rights to forbid a same day return. For instance, go to this IATA information page and select Country: Cambodia, Section: Visas, Subsection: Warning and click GET RESULTS. The top warning is

Visitors are not permitted to make day trips (i.e., arriving and departing on the same day) to Cambodia.

- Except for holders of government duty passports.
 - Except when arriving and departing in Phnom Penh (PNH).

- Except for holders of a multiple-entry business visa issued

• Like 1