Shooting at a Patong nightclub

webfact

Shooting at a Patong nightclub

Police investigated the scene and found two 9mm bullets dropped on the floor and blood near the table at the right-hand side of the stage.

By Nattha Thepbamrung and Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_1874.jpg

At 3 am this morning, a shooting took place in a famous nightclub in the middle of Bangla Road, Patong. One Thai man was injured.

The incident happened when the nightclub was closing down. 27 year old Pongwarit Thiptara was walking past a man when the two accidentally collided inside the club and the man, who he has never seen before, shot him right after the incident in his calf and back. He was rushed to Vachira Hospital. In the confusion following the incident, the shooter fled.

Police investigated the scene and found two 9mm bullets dropped on the floor and blood near the table at the right-hand side of the stage.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/shooting-patong-nightclub

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-10-12

19 minutes ago, DrDave said:

I see that the PG is bending over backwards not to name the "famous nightclub".

Can anyone familiar with the interiors of the nightclubs on Bangla identify this one from the photo?

Hollywood. 2:45 am???

I thought that under the new very strict rules all venues in Patong had to close at midnight, not so I see

2 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Hollywood. 2:45 am???

I thought that under the new very strict rules all venues in Patong had to close at midnight, not so I see

it's 03.00 a.m. closing time in Bangla

I find it ironic that another news sources has an article today that a new amendment to the gun laws will ban foreigners from owing or using (outside shooting ranges) firearms.

Maybe anyone with a mental age of two should be banned as well- that would take a lot of weapons out of circulation. 

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Read today that Farangs will not be allowed to own guns. Thais are OK. No probrem.:saai:

If there has been a change in the gun law--

Why not post the link Gandtee.....so we can all read it..????????????.........:wub:

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

If there has been a change in the gun law--

Why not post the link Gandtee.....so we can all read it..????????????.........:wub:

That true enough – we're not going to see or hear anymore about shootings now, when foreigners are not carrying weapons in the future – however the link is not allowed to share in this forum, but try to Google this: "Gun possession, use by foreigners to be banned" on today's Thai news...:smile:

Laws are getting more and more restrictive and opening doors to discriminate farangs practically on a daily basis.

Wonder who will provide the tea money once all the farangs will get fed up and leave for Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Malaysia etc. etc.... ? ? ?

6 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I find it ironic that another news sources has an article today that a new amendment to the gun laws will ban foreigners from owing or using (outside shooting ranges) firearms.

Maybe anyone with a mental age of two should be banned as well- that would take a lot of weapons out of circulation. 

Would also exclude most of the police from holding a gun. They would then have to sit inside the station every shift and extort by phone and envelopes couriered to them?