British Man Leaves Home, Hides in Woods For 10 Years to Avoid Whining Wife

webfact

British Man Leaves Home, Hides in Woods For 10 Years to Avoid Whining Wife

Malcolm Applegate, now living in a homeless shelter near London, England, recently made news headlines after revealing that he hid from his overly controlling wife in the forest for nearly a decade.

The 62 year-old gardener abandoned home after three years of a troublesome marriage without informing any of his relatives about his escape plans. Malcolm's sister had been searching for him in vain for years and assumed he was dead, but it turns out the man just really didn't want his nagging wife to find out his whereabouts.

According to Applegate, the relationship wasn't all that bad in the beginning, but things fell apart ten years ago after his wife started constantly complaining about him working too many hours and not spending enough time at home with her.

Full story: https://sputniknews.com/europe/201710171058293478-british-man-woods-10-years/

-- SPUTNIK 2017-10-17

Malcolm Applegate, 62 Yrs Old Gardener, Got So Fed Up With His Wife's Nagging He Went To Live In the Woods for Ten Years

A gardener who could not stand his wife's nagging ran away from home unannounced and lived in the woods for ten years. Malcolm Applegate, 62, was married to his wife for three years before he left home when he couldn't stand her anymore. He then made his way from Birmingham, where they lived, to London. The journey took him three weeks; half of it was made on his bike then after it got stolen in Oxford, he made the rest of the journey on foot.

Malcolm said the marriage was OK at first and they got along quite well but his increased working hours angered his wife and she complained constantly about it so he secretly left home. After leaving, Malcolm camped in "thick woodland" near Kingston, south west London, while working on gardens at a community centre for the elderly. During the period he was away, he lost contact with his family, including his sister who feared he was dead.

Malcolm said: "I was married to her for three years, but unfortunately it got too much. First of all I met her in Eastbourne and I married her in Birmingham. For three years it was alright, we got on with one another and the gardening got too much for her. 

Full story: http://www.lifeexperiencequotes.com/2017/10/malcolm-applegate-62-yrs-old-gardener.html

-- LIFE EXPERIENCE QUOTES 2017-10-17

9 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

That was way too extreme. I would have moved to Thailand, instead. Oh wait! I did move to Thailand. :thumbsup:

The next ThaiVisa survey should ask:

"How many of the men living in Thailand are here because of their former wives and why" 

It would be a fascinating sociological experiment...

Edited by Samui Bodoh

Just got to Love the Guy! When he says enough is enough he really means it.

I know how he feels. I threatened to do the same with my first X-wife and move to the wilderness to Pan for Gold. Which after expenses I would give he half.

Too bad I didn't have enough guts to actually do that, and went the hard away around that with Divorce Courts and finally leaving with $50 in my wallet.

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

This story is not really up to professional standards. The author should have indicated whether or not an attempt was made to contact the wife and get her side of the story.

They called her, but couldn't get a word in to ask the question.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

British Man Leaves Home, Hides in Woods For 10 Years

He was seeking the answer to the age-old question:

”If a man, alone in the woods, speaks, and there’s no wife around to hear, is he still wrong?”

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

That was way too extreme. I would have moved to Thailand, instead. Oh wait! I did move to Thailand. :thumbsup:

This is starting to sound like a script from Monty Python!!

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

My mates are aware that back in England 12 years ago a friend of the family said "  Ann , ( not her real name , her real name is Shirley ) might not like LoS it might be too hot "   I replied  " No problem ,she is not going ,only me " .

Shirley, you jest!

Then was the Scold herself,
In a wheelbarrow brought,
Stripped naked to the smock,
As in that case she ought:
Neats tongues about her neck
Were hung in open show;
And thus unto the cucking stool
This famous scold did go

Bring back the cucking stool, I say! (safe in the knowledge that Mrs BM is sound asleep)

6 minutes ago, ttthailand said:

Some people can drive you crazy... my mom use to tell us " you kids make me want to go to the woods with a rope" .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

She liked skipping in the wilderness or just rock climbing?

Edited by Reigntax