English language live stream of the Royal Cremation of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

Yup they blocked us 'plebs' from seeing the part we all stayed in for...  no doubt the 22.00 was for the 'specials'

There are other youtube channels which are live and show the current real proceedings. 

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

I am clueless.

The livestream on youtube has stopped.

Rumors but no secured information to find.

I am giving up.

Me too I waited up to honour HM and they block it. This will not go down well with millions.

Yup they blocked us 'plebs' from seeing the part we all stayed in for...  no doubt the 22.00 was for the 'specials'

Oh dear. Just asked an English speaking family member about this and received a bit of abuse about 'disrespect' and 'our culture'. All I was doing was asking a polite question as to why, given it was not hidden to the mourners at the venue. Ho hum...

I wondered the same thing, but chalked it up to my internet being crap slow lately (thanks, VPN) and just figured I wasn't getting the true live feed...

(Speaking of which, has anyone heard if the khon dramas and puppet shows and musical performances will be on Youtube later?  I'd like to watch them at some point...)

3 minutes ago, Katia said:

I wondered the same thing, but chalked it up to my internet being crap slow lately (thanks, VPN) and just figured I wasn't getting the true live feed...

(Speaking of which, has anyone heard if the khon dramas and puppet shows and musical performances will be on Youtube later?  I'd like to watch them at some point...)

On now.

Edited by scorecard

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

They are on now.

I know, but as I said, internet is slow so trying to watch live is a pain (it would be easier to turn it on, let it load, watch it when it's done so), and I don't want to stay up all night watching (also, since there are several different types of performance, according to what I've read, I can't watch all simultaneously).

Forget scorecard he's under the delusion that the stuff he posted is LIVE. They are re-running stuff from earlier.

I missed a lot of the earlier broadcasts and just logged-on, believing it was live.

Sorry to upset you.

They are running re-runs on ALL channels. Forget it we are blocked.

The whole country is blocked then. My Thai friends are scratching their heads too. The programming on now seems almost disrespectful to me. 

I checked out the Channel 7 App, they are showing a military concert, Thai PBS some lip synch drama.  

But my Thai friend told me they won't show the actual cremation.  I don't need a closeup, but I think that's what we all came here to witness....  oh welll....

Just now, scorecard said:

I missed a lot of the earlier broadcasts and just logged-on, believing it was live.

Sorry to upset you.

No it's ok but please be careful because many of us are interested to see the 'finale' and your link was so obviously form an hour or two ago. The 22.00 was the actually cremation not not scout going up the stairs and performers that your clip showed. I have check over 10 links now and am getting a storm of complaints form friends watching too - everyone disappointed etc.

2 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

The whole country is blocked then. My Thai friends are scratching their heads too. The programming on now seems almost disrespectful to me. 

very, very, very disrespectful I'd say and my LINE and FB is buzzing about it 

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I turned the tube off for now. This is a sad night in too many ways to express myself.  What an incredibly historic moment in Thailands and the worlds history that millions who want to respect the King can't view even a part of after such a long time.  

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

It's not disrespectful. The purpose of the shows is to signal the end of the mourning period and it was always said they would be starting in the early evening, before the cremation itself .

It is disrespectful to all the people waiting for the cremation not to have made it clear from the beginning that it wouldn't be shown. 

2 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I turned the tube off for now. This is a sad night in too many ways to express myself.  What an incredibly historic moment in Thailands and the worlds history that millions who want to respect the King can't view even a part of after such a long time.  

I guess something the pleb not allowed to see?  Be nice if they informed people beforehand.  But then many would not watch.

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

It seems difficult to argue with your previous suggestion that the cremation itself is / was only for the select, but no way am I asking any more questions round at my place.

Interestingly the Thais who were upbraiding me for my lack of respect are well into a bottle of whisky. Just saying, like...

6 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It's not disrespectful. The purpose of the shows is to signal the end of the mourning period and it was always said they would be starting in the early evening, before the cremation itself .

It is disrespectful to all the people waiting for the cremation not to have made it clear from the beginning that it wouldn't be shown. 

Yup who cares about the millions of Thais watching?  not disrespectful at all... 

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:

Serious question - I do not mean any disrespect to anyone - Why are people upset not to see the cremation itself? Were they hoping to see the body placed into the oven, the fire itself, or the smoke from the chimney?

I don't get it.

It's turned into an odd entertainment program.  I guess if that's what you consider appropriate.

Just now, sanemax said:

We need  to remember that this is a funeral.

Its not entertainment

Your response is so hypocritical you did not say that earlier you said "hey it's still live - here's a link'. 

Line and FB are BUZZING that Thais cannot say a sad and last farewell. Don't make excuses they blocked the plebs from seeing it. 

5 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Serious question - I do not mean any disrespect to anyone - Why are people upset not to see the cremation itself? Were they hoping to see the body placed into the oven, the fire itself, or the smoke from the chimney?

I don't get it.

Then you need to put your 'thinking cap' on.  It's been on for 10 hours why stop it at the final part?  that's like seeing a F1 race for 3 hours then blocking the final lap. If we can't see it, fair enough, block it all.