How to live for 4000 baht a month. Not inc rents.

dfdgfdfdgs

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note we see these cheap Charlie threads a lot. The  4K , 5 k Per month , I demand my .25  satang back every time kind of guys. I feel a little sorry for them. No one should end up this way and some threads about how to pre plan should be started more often than how little I have to spend. I wonder if the OP or others scraping to get by ever pic up their phone ( or a friends phone) and speak to some great grand nephew or great great niece or grandchild or even the current neighbors kid and tell them how important it is to pre plan during your money making years and save hard and long during that period of life. Don't depend on a meager pension that you think may carry you through the golden years. Invest, learn about the stock market , Roth IRAs , retirement accounts, Real Estate etc and be better off. Even if you didn't do it yourself advice from an older person is often good and listened too. Just my 1/2 satangs worth. 

8 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

On a serious note we see these cheap Charlie threads a lot. The  4K , 5 k Per month , I demand my .25  satang back every time kind of guys. I feel a little sorry for them. No one should end up this way and some threads about how to pre plan should be started more often than how little I have to spend. I wonder if the OP or others scraping to get by ever pic up their phone ( or a friends phone) and speak to some great grand nephew or great great niece or grandchild or even the current neighbors kid and tell them how important it is to pre plan during your money making years and save hard and long during that period of life. Don't depend on a meager pension that you think may carry you through the golden years. Invest, learn about the stock market , Roth IRAs , retirement accounts, Real Estate etc and be better off. Even if you didn't do it yourself advice from an older person is often good and listened too. Just my 1/2 satangs worth. 

Who says any of us HAVE to spend little ? We just like/want to spend little. There is a difference.

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

I can survive on 4,000 baht a day.  That's my budget and I generally stick to it.

That's excluding the hotel room as that's paid weeks in advance.

That's around my mark in order to live the life I want here, and having worked from the age of 15 and retired at 58 and stashed enough away to live comfortably here, that's what I do.

One the one hand I couldn't consider living like the OP because I like my comforts, yet on the other hand I have a certain amount of admiration for him (provided he's not a troll) in being able to do what he says and I would imagine he gets a great deal of satisfaction in making a go of it when the odds seem stacked against him.

1 minute ago, BuaBS said:

Who says any of us HAVE to spend little ? We just like/want to spend little. There is a difference.

The topic is 4k per month without rent. Not 20 or 30 k. No one wants that lifestyle by choice please don't waste time and get on the phone and tell someone younger to save when young. That was my point. You are barking up the wrong tree sir. 

41 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Have you got a permit?

What does work permit got to do with anything? He offered a job that apparently pays 8000b for 2 days. The OP didn't respond, so I said I'll do it. 

Are we now making excuses for the big spenders here who can't keep their end of the bargain and are just mouthing off? Digital nomads have more integrity.

Btw, work permit is the responsibility of the employer, so your question is really dumb.

Anyhoo, I decided to lower my offer and spare him the embarassment. I'll do it for 6000b.

26 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What does work permit got to do with anything? He offered a job that apparently pays 8000b for 2 days. The OP didn't respond, so I said I'll do it. 

Are we now making excuses for the big spenders here who can't keep their end of the bargain and are just mouthing off? Digital nomads have more integrity.

Btw, work permit is the responsibility of the employer, so your question is really dumb.

Anyhoo, I decided to lower my offer and spare him the embarassment. I'll do it for 6000b.

Try getting up on the other side of the bed tomorrow.

Rather go back to my home country than struggle on 4K baht.

Watching every coin before you spend, can’t go to restaurants, can’t do anything for free except a run round the park or sweat your cods off fishing. Any little luxury, no’

Most things cost money, on 4K what a miserable life.

I've said it before but I'll say it again: no need to waste 100 Baht a month on coin-operated washing machines; simply lurk close to the laundry room with your dirty items. When someone has started their wash and leaves for the duration, quickly nip in, put your own clothes in with theirs! Same when the cycle finishes, fish out your own washing before the original person returns. Presto, one hundred Baht a month extra to spend on luxuries! Kerching!!

On 2017-10-28 at 6:37 AM, Crossy said:

I just paid our latest electric bill, >6k Baht. I spend about the same on fuel and 1k per week on tolls.

Now if you were talking US $4,000 per month ...

Just to put things in perspective, you spend 4,000 Baht a month, I don't get out of bed for that an hour.

You can live on 4k Baht per month, I probably could but I choose not to (actually I probably couldn't).

Budgeting is too stressful. I retired to avoid stress...i know my lifestyle ....I live below my means.

6 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

I've said it before but I'll say it again: no need to waste 100 Baht a month on coin-operated washing machines; simply lurk close to the laundry room with your dirty items. When someone has started their wash and leaves for the duration, quickly nip in, put your own clothes in with theirs! Same when the cycle finishes, fish out your own washing before the original person returns. Presto, one hundred Baht a month extra to spend on luxuries! Kerching!!

Gosh sure.  You can eat for free also.  Just go to any food court many scraps around.  Or better yet, many people put their trays down then go get a drink.  Just rip off their food.

The baht bus?  If you are sly you can gently hop on the back.  Better yet, just jump on, get your ride, then jump off and run.

Save water?  I have actually seen guys washing themselves in the restroom at the mall.

Pay rent?  no way.  If can sneak into that shell condo at the harbor, walk up a few flights, and have a full ocean view with no bother.  HISO!!!!

28 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

For a life without the good things. How are you going to pay for any hospital bills when they come?

With money :smile:.

Serious illness but can still travel >> fly home for near free hospital .

Accute things ( stroke , heart attac ) >> fire up the oven at the local Wat.

1 hour ago, BuaBS said:

Who says any of us HAVE to spend little ? We just like/want to spend little. 

True. Many did even have money to buy houses in Thailand.

Maybe those guys are likely to be the one who is forced to live on 4000 baht a month like the OP and crying in their 30 baht beer.555

1 minute ago, tingtongtourist said:

True. Many did even have money to buy houses in Thailand.

Maybe those guys are likely to be the one who is forced to live on 4000 baht a month like the OP and crying in their 30 baht beer.555

The dream of owning land and house in Thailand has died a few years ago.

For those that went the : "company" way and got caught , yes they may be on a forced budget of 4000/month.