My wife is with me for the money.

Been there done that

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was aware of the gold digger scociety so this is what I did.

Got a 90 day visa , setup a bank account, then  we setup a prenuptual agreement.

every time i go to visit, I just do the visa on arrival,  and if i think i need more than the 30 days, I go and extend to 90 days and get a work visa for the partners store

I  have a few rental properties here in australia, so in the prenup I esentually gave her one of the houses , But the title will only transfer on my passing.  It can never be sold, will always stay in her family,and will be managed by a real estate company here .  I setup up an account for  rental income, every month the scheduled morgage payment is transfered. 

the Thai  bank pays me no interest  i, so i do not put more in the account than i need to. In future years when i retire, i will increase the monthly transfer to cover my additional financial needs and also satisfy the retirement visa requirements. 

there was no sin sod, I paid all the farm debts, built a new modern home and garage  with a small shop in front in the village, bought a new vehicle, and 2 new scooters  took a 30 year morgage on the lot in my wifes name. the first week of every month money is automaticly transfered  to  my thai account and on the 2nd week. the monthly morgage is paid   and my partner has  10000 Baht Transfered to her account. She earns additional income for herself from the shop. I do nothing apart from ensure my tennants are happy and keep renting the house. ever ything else is autommatic.

I never disclose my real financial position to my partner or her family, when I pass on, all she knows is that the loan will be finalized by my estate and she will receive an increase to her monthly allowance  from the onging rental income , and that when she passes  the australian house and  monthly income will pass to her children and their aires. 

meanwhile my remaining estate will be split between my australian offspring and their children. 

By doing things this way, I have ensured that  I am always welcome to live in my house it thai, My partner is highly faithful to me, and because I   apear not  to have excessive money every month, nothing further is expected of me. but every time i go to thai, I always take the family out for dinner when I arrive , ensure that i buy somthing while i am there, like a table, chairs, lounge, tv, real bed, refridgerator, cooking appliances ect. and have a nice bbq and some beers before i go home. Life is simple, life is good.

Edited by GJ2Thai

4 minutes ago, GJ2Thai said:

I was aware of the gold digger scociety so this is what I did.

Got a 90 day visa , setup a bank account, then  we setup a prenuptual agreement.

every time i go to visit, I just do the visa on arrival,  and if i think i need more than the 30 days, I go and extend to 90 days and get a work visa for the partners store

I  have a few rental properties here in australia, so in the prenup I esentually gave her one of the houses , But the title will only transfer on my passing.  It can never be sold, will always stay in her family,and will be managed by a real estate company here .  I setup up an account for  rental income, every month the scheduled morgage payment is transfered. 

the Thai  bank pays me no interest  i, so i do not put more in the account than i need to. In future years when i retire, i will increase the monthly transfer to cover my additional financial needs and also satisfy the retirement visa requirements. 

there was no sin sod, I paid all the farm debts, built a new modern home and garage  with a small shop in front in the village, bought a new vehicle, and 2 new scooters  took a 30 year morgage on the lot in my wifes name. the first week of every month money is automaticly transfered  to  my thai account and on the 2nd week. the morgage is paid 100% and my partner has  10000 Baht Transfered to her account. She earns additional income for herself from the shop. I do nothing apart from ensure my tennants are happy and keep renting the house. ever ything else is autommatic.

I never disclose my real financial position to my partner or her family, when I pass on, all she knows is that the loan will be finalized by my estate and she will receive an increase to her monthly allowance  from the onging rental income , and that when she passes  the australian house and  monthly income will pass to her children and their aires. 

meanwhile my remaining estate will be split between my australian offspring and their children. 

By doing things this way, I have ensured that I have ensured I am always welcome to live in my house it thai, My partner is highly faithful to me, and because I   apear not  to have excessive money every month, nothing further is expected of me. but every time i go to thai, I always take the family out for dinner when I arrive , ensure that i buy somthing while i am there, like a table, chairs, lounge, tv, real bed, refridgerator, cooking appliances ect. and have a nice bbq and some beers before i go home. Life is simple, life is good.

You can adopt me......classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.aef842ef37ba2d16509a2ef1171cabbc.gif

11 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

If she doesn't think so, she can leave today.

48 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

She isn't my wife. Been doing it day-by-day for 8 years now and, if it all ends tomorrow, she gets nothing.

16 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

How could one woman get so lucky? 

12 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

If she doesn't think so, she can leave today.

It isn't her thinking that is of concern here. Let me guess, USA and a Trump-Republican?

Money is involved in relationships, neighborhoods, education, religion, politics, wars, death and taxes. Basically everything. Those that have little act like their spouse does not care about money -  just pure love baby. Those that have a lot realize money plays a role. 

I personally think it does not matter as long as both adults are satisfied and happy until they are not.  Then  you get the clearest picture of how money is involved. One thing Thailand has better than the rest of the world is the ability to rent sex for reasonable price. 

In 50 years or less none of your feelings about money matter anyway so try to enjoy life and not judge yourself or others. 

Peace 

I agree with Trans -- If he wanted to put up phony pics of himself and Mrs. T. he certainly could do better than that.

There’s nothing wrong with his photos. The point is in my opinion it could be anyone. Ok on his case maybe people know him but this site allows people to be anonymous and people are not proofed so pointless pretending it’s any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Back on topic having been tooing and froing to Thailand for the past 25 years I would say in my experience Yes.
But....... my current girlfriend of 3 years seems a little different :)
I met her in a massage shop (yep I know) and she had working in massage around 8 years. She is 2o odd years younger than me.
I was totally upfront from the start because that’s how I am. I told her she could go home and stay with her family but I couldn’t pay big money, would never remarry, and didn’t want any more kids. What I give her per month is peanuts compared to some of the numbers I see banded on here, but it’s enough for her to feed herself and her son/ family.
I’m often in the country so when I am I’m happy to spoil a little.
I’ve deliberately played it slow because I know and have seen many of the horror stories.
My guess is that’s she in it for the long haul. She knows I will retire here and she’s hoping what I have one day will be hers.
I’m still sceptical. She’s a good looking lady and turns many heads when we are about but if I’m honest she’s done nothing for me to doubt her.
As things stand it’s a win win. I’m having the time of my life and she seems happy with what she has.
As people say maybe it’s the long con.
I’d be interested to know what the tell tale signs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, mduras01 said:

Mine never brought up money, sin sod, etc. Felt like a regular western style relationship where family and her put no financial pressure whatsoever, which I appreciated. However they did want to make sure I was stable in life, no shadiness, etc—same questions I was asked in the States by exs’ parents. She’s from Chiang Mai, artist. I think there are plenty like her out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I knew we would find one that was different LOL

In my honest opinion perhaps it varies from case to case, each may have different scenario but in my case She if Half German, mother being thai all she demanded from day one i took her out for dinner was money or expensive gifts or some thing, she made a rule not to come home empty...I have no words to say, and she claims Im the love of her life....