My wife is with me for the money.

Been there done that

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the west where income is spread more equal you see far less age gap relations. Here where income is distributed differently you far more age gap relations. So its not that hard to imagine its for a large part for the money. 

Only those with a horse in the race would see it different. 

Thai or not, if it's all about one thing:  money, sex, status, younger trophy wife/husband, whatever;  it  just won't last.  Iv'e been married for near on 21 years to the same (Thai) lady, so I guess its not just about one thing. 

6 minutes ago, gamini said:

The answer is: if you are fat, ugly, unatractive, elderly, badly dressed, spend your time in bars drinking and lack Thai freinds there is a very high possibility the lady is with you for money. 

If you are all those things, I very much doubt that you have any money! 

I met my wife while in business in BKK ,she comes from a family who while not rich are certainly not poor ,we went out on dates and on our first one her sister came to ,in fact her sister checked me out to see if i was what i said i was , we married in the UK about a year after meeting ,no sinsod was mentioned or given .

Now i am older than her so was it for money? who can tell in the begining ,i am not rich either , but perhaps she wanted a good provider.anyway 20 odd years down the line she has a good job and puts her money into the home ,so who can tell ,one thing i am sure of ,is that she now loves me for me .

1 hour ago, Bigfarang1948 said:

I have the opinion that any foreigner who has taken a bar girl as a partner is just another ATM machine.  Can you really believe any young 20 year old bar girl from Soi 4 is going to fall in love with a 50 or 60 year old Farang booze guzzling geezer?  You see it all the time with the old guys and a pretty young girl. She will love you until the money runs out and she will be "friends" with other beer guzzling Farangs, as soon as you are gone for a day or two.

Those of us old geezers who have married girls from the small villages, girls who have never worked the bars will probably wind up giving our wife money for a new home, a Rubber Tree farm and money for 20 Rai of land for sticky rice, not to mention money to take care of a sick mom or other extended family member. I know I have done all of that and am still feeling like an ATM machine.  Does my wife love me?  All I can say is I think so, but in the back of my mind I wonder if she is putting up with me because she knows I have a monthly income of about 180,000 baht. Maybe that is why she does not mind when I have fun with her younger sister; maybe that is why she let her best friend sleep with us, with all the benefits a man could want,  for a year. She has never taken money from my wallet or abused my AM card, but still, in the back of my mind I think she puts up with me because I am a good, big hearted foreigner who pretty much gives her what she wants.

wow u are lucky My wife does not have a sister wish she did Got a few best friends she has Might have to check that out How did you go with 2 women in your bed?  How old is wife?

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Thai or not, if it's all about one thing:  money, sex, status, younger trophy wife/husband, whatever;  it  just won't last.  Iv'e been married for near on 21 years to the same (Thai) lady, so I guess its not just about one thing. 

I also got the older version Thai lady she is 52 She seems happy enough Dont ask for money. I dont know about you guys but find it hard to make friends with other farangs with Thai wives ?

27 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Your a bit short on details you haven't actually said anything yet.

Sounds like I hit a raw nerve.

I've made my point.  Judging people by their background rather than their character is very ignorant (in my opinion).  I could comment on your poor grammar/spelling as an indication of your class.  But I won't.

7 hours ago, mduras01 said:

Mine never brought up money, sin sod, etc. Felt like a regular western style relationship where family and her put no financial pressure whatsoever, which I appreciated. However they did want to make sure I was stable in life, no shadiness, etc—same questions I was asked in the States by exs’ parents. She’s from Chiang Mai, artist. I think there are plenty like her out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Financial considerations come into all relationships by BOTH parties worldwide. Even if both equal. Its just a matter of degree/importance

5 hours ago, swissie said:

It's a universal concept that has been in place for at least the 6000 years (Thailand included).
- I am prepered that soon the "my wife is diffent from the rest" brigade will join in, claiming that an age difference of 25 years has nothing to do with any sort of financial constellations whatsoever. Very funny!
Not critizising the concept as it were. Far better to wake up in the morning to a 45 year old Thai-Female than a 65 year old caucasian woman. As long as the Farang can uphold and finance this concept.
OP asks for "honest answers". I just did.     You?
Cheers.

More like a universal, male conceit?

Of course the bank account is the imperative. However, some foreigners have married above their class but can still consider themselves blessed with an equal partner regardless of their Thai wives making more money than them. Those are the ones that can honestly claim that their partners are different... but when only when using the rather out-of-date and increasingly irrelevant yardstick of 'where did you meet your wife' when making those sort of judgement calls. Meanwhile, loads of other foreign, male partners are still the keeper of the "money tree" and most probably wouldn't have it any other way. Call it tradition.

As long as one keeps in mind that in LOS, there are no 'hansum' men and the remainder probably didn't really marry the cashier either, then there's no real reason to wonder what sustains someone else's relationship is there?

38 minutes ago, gamini said:

The answer is: if you are fat, ugly, unatractive, elderly, badly dressed, spend your time in bars drinking and lack Thai freinds there is a very high possibility the lady is with you for money. 

You are not one to stereotype then ?

You will never get a decent bird with spelling like that......

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

Hard to figure most women out. I do know that I have a hard time trusting any of them. Even my current one. I have been with her four years now and never a money issue. I'm back in the US for awhile banking big money. Here five or so months so far. Planning on being there soon for six weeks and she doesn't want me to bring her much at all. Maybe she sees the big picture. The long con. Maybe she is really a good choice. I just have twenty five years of living there full time under my belt and have become very pessimistic towards them.

Are you a 'serial husband' then?

If you can honestly claim to have lived full-time in Thailand for 25 years, then chances are the previous ones were the "low-hanging fruit" types? You know, the ones that get the "easy" farangs easily?

I don't know, but I'm fairly confident that my wife isn't solely with me for money partly because I only have a tiny income, the sort that most TV members would say it is impossible to live here with. In fact we are less well off than both her two sisters who are married to Thai men. She is older than me, if that really makes a difference. We have been married for eight years now, so I must have something going for me......:shock1:

18 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I also got the older version Thai lady she is 52 She seems happy enough Dont ask for money. I dont know about you guys but find it hard to make friends with other farangs with Thai wives ?

It's usually the Thai wives  that seem to be reserved  and wary of others in that position, rather than the men.  I guess that those wives of long standing may distrust the motives of others , not sure on that, as my wife can never explain it.  They become fast friends quickly,  or can't seem to stand each other.  There seems to be no middle road. 

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The OP has not specifically mentioned Thai women, so how is this topic even Thailand related? In-fact this is rather derogatory against women. Why not ask, does your husband treat you like a servant and only want`s you for sex. 

My thoughts are similar.

1 hour ago, Bigfarang1948 said:

I have the opinion that any foreigner who has taken a bar girl as a partner is just another ATM machine.  Can you really believe any young 20 year old bar girl from Soi 4 is going to fall in love with a 50 or 60 year old Farang booze guzzling geezer?  You see it all the time with the old guys and a pretty young girl. She will love you until the money runs out and she will be "friends" with other beer guzzling Farangs, as soon as you are gone for a day or two.

Those of us old geezers who have married girls from the small villages, girls who have never worked the bars will probably wind up giving our wife money for a new home, a Rubber Tree farm and money for 20 Rai of land for sticky rice, not to mention money to take care of a sick mom or other extended family member. I know I have done all of that and am still feeling like an ATM machine.  Does my wife love me?  All I can say is I think so, but in the back of my mind I wonder if she is putting up with me because she knows I have a monthly income of about 180,000 baht. Maybe that is why she does not mind when I have fun with her younger sister; maybe that is why she let her best friend sleep with us, with all the benefits a man could want,  for a year. She has never taken money from my wallet or abused my AM card, but still, in the back of my mind I think she puts up with me because I am a good, big hearted foreigner who pretty much gives her what she wants.

You think too much. She likes threesomes.

End of.

i have had 5 thia gf in the past 15 years...i can honestly say that 3 were with me for money...each tried to "hide" their feelings (or lack of feelings), but it doesn't take a genius to see a thai's motive clearly...none of my gf were prostitutes or bargirls...they were teachers, govt workers, business women, it professionals, and military officers...but the money motive was obvious...i am pretty traditional (by western standards), so i tried to make these relationships "work"...doing whatever i could to engender a real genuine relationship based on respect, love, and honesty...but the relationships simply crumbled under their subtle greed and resentment...in each case, the girls tried to reconcile...but that just indicated to me that they were never really serious about a relationship or their life decisions...presently, i have a relationship that has lasted more than 2 years...she knows my assets, but has never asked for money...she makes her own living...i pay for food when we dine...and i buy her clothes occasionally (these are really gifts for me, as i enjoy seeing her in particular styles of dress), and like many thai women she is so pretty that expensive clothes are unnecessary...and of course, there are the obligatory holiday expenses (xmas, bdays, valentines day & anniversary)...her gifts to me are more understated...primarily, she gives her valuable time...usually catching a few hours of needed sleep on a van/bus just to come and see me...she will work overtime daily, just so she can take a couple days off each week to spend time with me...most real men are easily satisfied by a few simple things in life, and my current gf understands that concept and really makes an effort to make me happy...so if someone were to ask me which thai women are really worthwhile, my personal experience informs me that about 20% of thai women are capable of being in a mature relationship...this is about the same  as i experienced in my home country...

6 hours ago, 473geo said:

Personally I think my wife appreciates my attitude, to life, to our children, to her, to her family, to Thailand, to work....oh yes and to money too. Being relaxed is just a good way to be :smile: Does that make me a member of the "I am different from the rest" brigade :shock1:

Your response mirrors my own opinion. Well said. There will be many more of us who know we are, "Different from the rest" brigade.

Life is all about give and take - many of the replies to this thread, and to others of this nature, purely vilifies many women - especially young Thai women, (and older western men for that matter). These posters always appear, bitter, arrogant, self-important and unworthy of a decent and caring woman and have probably screwed  up their western marriages/relationships in exactly the same way.

We all want the best out of the short life we have on this planet. I, like you 473geo, have an equal partner in our relationship. In that respect, we ARE different to many others

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

In your case, it's about at least 21 things.

Congratulations!