The long con !

Been there done that

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A talented "con-artist" can and will play the "long-con" for years if necessary. Exclaiming "game over" only after having reached their financial goal. This can be after 1 year or after 10 years.

Warning signs? Obviously, if the financial demands become inflationary (never ending) or the relationship "cools-off" (one sided).

But that is just the problem: A talented and goal oriented con-artist will not make such blunt mistakes.

But even as some con artists display surprising "stamina", a Farang married to a Thai Lady for 10 years or more, is somewhat "on the safe side". I think. I hope. I pray.
Cheers.

1 hour ago, swissie said:

A talented "con-artist" can and will play the "long-con" for years if necessary. Exclaiming "game over" only after having reached their financial goal. This can be after 1 year or after 10 years.

Warning signs? Obviously, if the financial demands become inflationary (never ending) or the relationship "cools-off" (one sided).

But that is just the problem: A talented and goal oriented con-artist will not make such blunt mistakes.

But even as some con artists display surprising "stamina", a Farang married to a Thai Lady for 10 years or more, is somewhat "on the safe side". I think. I hope. I pray.
Cheers.

Not a convincing last paragraph, if i might say.

"that the other halve plays that game."...plays what game?

We learn and know a lot of things about life mainly through our observations.

How can anybody on here possibly know how observant other people are....especially people they have never met. 

The doubt and suspicion are already in your head. My advice, believe what your brain is telling you. It will save your money if nothing else. \If your significant other is a bar girl, you better wise up because she is a pro at taking your money and you can bet you are being played.  Welcome to the club. Don't come to Thailand and expect fidelity and true love in your relationship with almost any Thai girl, especially the ones who have been working the bars for awhile.  You are just an easy money target..

Heard of a man who had a Chinese wife.  They lived in China for many years.  He retired and moved back to Australia.  She divorced him on the day she go Australian citizenship. 

My cousin had a stock in a large pharmaceutical company before they developed a profitable drug.   To avoid taxes, he bought a house and put it in his wife's name.  She left him soon after. 

Not sure if either man knew it was coming, or they just ignored the signs. 

A friend of mine wife left him after 16 years of marriage. 

As far as I could tell they had an average sort of marriage with it's regular ups and downs and after 16 years and three kids he thought they'd cracked it, obviously not. Looks like there is no time limit to this happening.

Seems one day she went out shopping and then text him she was not coming back. Took the car and left him with 3 kids. Maybe he should't have paid for all those driving lessons.

Luckily for him the  house is in the kids name so she won't get away with much.

26 minutes ago, transam said:

Nobody knows what's round the corner regarding relationships. We all change with age so perhaps those changes will make a difference...

I have the T-shirt regarding my UK ex after 20+ years...sad-face.gif.a9520de50d7ffbb57456f138b1bf5b3b.gif

The reason i started this topic is to know from people like yourself, who have been there and done it, to know the early, or later developed, signs in the relationship that caused the split. Surely you must have thought alot about why and when it went wrong. Honest reflection. 

7 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

The reason i started this topic is to know from people like yourself, who have been there and done it, to know the early, or later developed, signs in the relationship that caused the split. Surely you must have thought alot about why and when it went wrong. Honest reflection. 

In my case with all honesty is we had a great relationship except for 2 days every month, l knew that from the beginning and was no problem, after all we are all human and must deal with what our bodies do..

Anyhooo, during our time together she had a few operations on her women's bits to sort problems out cos she couldn't conceive, plus other stuff . After about 20 years the 2 days got longer and longer until it became a problem that she could not control and talking about it was a no-no...So that was that..:sad:

Must admit I was heart broken,  just couldn't understand the change in her personality, and nor did her family who still talk to me...Such is life l suppose...

6 minutes ago, transam said:

In my case with all honesty is we had a great relationship except for 2 days every month, l knew that from the beginning and was no problem, after all we are all human and must deal with what our bodies do..

Anyhooo, during our time together she had a few operations on her women's bits to sort problems out cos she couldn't conceive, plus other stuff . After about 20 years the 2 days got longer and longer until it became a problem that she could not control and talking about it was a no-no...So that was that..:sad:

Must admit I was heart broken,  just couldn't understand the change in her personality, and nor did her family who still talk to me...Such is life l suppose...

Sorry to read this but it doesnt look like she "conned" you.

3 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

Sorry to read this but it doesnt look like she "conned" you.

Weeeell, when it came to going to court to sort the finances out she was given a "Penal Notice" by the judge for telling lies...I just could not believe what was said and her barrister was well pissed off and gave her the sack...So she did try and con me and the court for financial gain which totally backfired cos l did my homework...

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeell, when it came to going to court to sort the finances out she was given a "Penal Notice" by the judge for telling lies...I just could not believe what was said and her barrister was well pissed off and gave her the sack...So she did try and con me and the court for financial gain which totally backfired cos l did my homework...

Okay, apart from what you wrote before there must have been more detailed signs during the relationship that she was a person as how she showed herself at the end. Maybe you ignored those signs because of whatever reason. I dont believe people become moneygrabbing liars out of the blue. 

Am not having a go at you but am just interested in finding out other peoples experiences. 

Anyway, thanks for commenting honestly.

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Heard of a man who had a Chinese wife.  They lived in China for many years.  He retired and moved back to Australia.  She divorced him on the day she go Australian citizenship. 

My cousin had a stock in a large pharmaceutical company before they developed a profitable drug.   To avoid taxes, he bought a house and put it in his wife's name.  She left him soon after. 

Not sure if either man knew it was coming, or they just ignored the signs. 

Sometimes it has been a game from the start. Sometimes one party gives an incentive to the other party to divorce his ass.

48 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

If you really have nothing worthwhile to contribute on this topic, well....you know !

A sensible contributions always think ahead and take things as they come and deal with it, what you want a crystal ball, grow up.

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you know when your going to be let go when your bank account only has a few zeros .....

That is sad.  Perhaps we all need a Japanese woman:

"Japanese women can tolerate men without money [poor men], but definitely cannot tolerate cowardly and weak men."

Your statement is why you only marry for love once and for money many times, unless you find a Japanese woman.