The long con !

Been there done that

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

<snip>

Any advice I give now is based on my experience.

Well as long as advice is being given based upon personal experience, here is mine:

Never hook-up with a Thai girl who speaks English.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/11/2017 at 7:28 AM, DGS1244 said:

Always and also expect it anyway, this is Thailand.

Sorry, but do you think Thailand is the only country where a wife will cheat or scam?

Some people seem to think it’s only Thailand where you can lose a house and other chattels. I feel if you have the common sense to ‘cover’ yourself, ie, a usufruct, 30 year lease, you are actually safer here than your home country.  In the UK, you can still lose your house in a nasty divorce, and still have to pay the mortgage on it.  So why is Thailand any different?

Same dog, different lamp-post.

Time.  There is only so much of it in a relationship. How it is divided between the two people, should give you an indication or a starting place.  Also, remember - the person with the least amount of desire controls the "sex".

Last, relationships are built on trust, which can be looked at 2 ways. You can always give the "benefit" of the doubt about any doubt you have or you can trust but verify (sort of like building trust over a long time period. The first method is like having the 'wall of trust' already built and only removing 'bricks' when the trust is violated.

So the bottom line is there is no such thing as the Long con. It’s just another banded around cliche which means use your common sense, look out for any unusual behaviours as any women from any country are capable of plotting your downfall. I’ve read nothing that makes it unique to Thai women.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 11/1/2017 at 10:02 AM, transam said:

Weeeell, when it came to going to court to sort the finances out she was given a "Penal Notice" by the judge for telling lies...I just could not believe what was said and her barrister was well pissed off and gave her the sack...So she did try and con me and the court for financial gain which totally backfired cos l did my homework...

You never truly get to know a woman until you meet her in court!

speaking from own experience.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "long con" in intimate relationships, because any relationship is really a business relationship.

Even relationships within a family have central quid pro quo pillars.

Even parents have children as a kind of investment in their own mortal future by forcing them into life.

And children certainly feel entitled to a lot of material support from their parents.

Given that they were forced into dealing with the Human Condition, that seems justified.

Money is just the biggest of those pillars, because it frames so many aspects of our lives.

So, besides some legal obligations, I'm not sure how an intimate relationship can be described in terms of a con in a way that makes any sense.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "long con" in intimate relationships, because any relationship is really a business relationship.

Even relationships within a family have central quid pro quo pillars.

Even parents have children as a kind of investment in their own mortal future by forcing them into life.

And children certainly feel entitled to a lot of material support from their parents.

Given that they were forced into dealing with the Human Condition, that seems justified.

Money is just the biggest of those pillars, because it frames so many aspects of our lives.

So, besides some legal obligations, I'm not sure how an intimate relationship can be described in terms of a con in a way that makes any sense.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:36 PM, jvs said:

You never truly get to know a woman until you meet her in court!

speaking from own experience.

good point i had a very good divorce from my ex wife never took me to the cleaners, having said all that she was let very comfortable financially. i did learn a very good lesson through it, never to get married again.

Edited by catman20