Nothing gained in hounding the Shinawatras

webfact

9 minutes ago, halloween said:

It was fine? Worthless vote-buying populism, government by proxy from a criminal, MPs paid to vote to order, criminals appointed by party list, police suborned - how is that fine?

Vote buying populism ? Ain't typical Thai either. Vastly perferable above governing without a mandate and suspending basic human rights in the process. 

You seem to have a beef for criminals, but I hope you know that the current lot are ... criminals. Pure and simple. Yet you just have a beef for some criminals not all. No use discussing this with you, when you are capable of some rational thoughts, come back.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Vote buying populism ? Ain't typical Thai either. Vastly perferable above governing without a mandate and suspending basic human rights in the process. 

You seem to have a beef for criminals, but I hope you know that the current lot are ... criminals. Pure and simple. Yet you just have a beef for some criminals not all. No use discussing this with you, when you are capable of some rational thoughts, come back.

Do you understand the word discernment? That some criminals are worse than others? I support the improvement of Thai democracy to prevent its abuse, IMO those improvements have gone nowhere near far enough, and the prosecution of those who abused their position - the subject of this thread.

Just now, steven100 said:

you believe what you want.  stay with the shins and you'll be happy.

I have nothing but contempt for the Shins.  But the Junta-philes are totally unable to understand that one who opposes the man-child and those he protects is not necessarily a Shin supporter. I know this is an incredibly difficult concept to grasp but do try. It might do you some good.  

I find it hard to comprehend how any TV Farang could support the Shins after what they did to Thailand & it's people.

They stole billions of baht from Thailand and are living in luxury .....  

I guess some don't know the real history of Thailand.

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

Do you understand the word discernment? That some criminals are worse than others? I support the improvement of Thai democracy to prevent its abuse, IMO those improvements have gone nowhere near far enough, and the prosecution of those who abused their position - the subject of this thread.

Do you understand the word hypocrisy? 

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I find it hard to comprehend how any TV Farang could support the Shins after what they did to Thailand & it's people.

They stole billions of baht from Thailand and are living in luxury .....  

I guess some don't know the real history of Thailand.

Like myself, they don't support the Shins, they simply are opposed to tyranny and the feudal system that maintains a system where all wealth is concentrated in in the hands of a few.  Being opposed to one does not mean you support the other. Once again, I know that you have problems understanding that very simple reality.  Most people don't like thieves regardless of who those thieves are.  But no one likes to be told what they can and can not say. 

6 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I have nothing but contempt for the Shins.  But the Junta-philes are totally unable to understand that one who opposes the man-child and those he protects is not necessarily a Shin supporter. I know this is an incredibly difficult concept to grasp but do try. It might do you some good.  

Well I support peace and economic stability. And before the Junta took control there was none of that.

At least now Thailand is going forward and projects are being implemented.

Read the Financial Times just after the military took control and it will confirm for you how Thailand was going backwards and growth was stagnant.

Now there is a bright future with work, jobs, helping the poorer class, security and transparency.

I prefer this government to the previous, at least they didn't do a runner and take the billions of baht.

22 minutes ago, halloween said:

I would support that too. But what actually is happening is that the Thai democracy is being changed to ensure and facilitate abuse by a select few without a mandate. The very same people that have been plundering this country for decades. 

Why oh why do you think there will be a senate that is fully appointed and that has far reaching powers ? Who does the appointing do you think ? How is that even remotely resembling democracy. The systems were in place to prevent abuse, and these have been used repeatedly. 

What we are seeing here is a coup that ensures that even after elections have been held and a new government has been formed, those people still have a firm grasp and continued control over how this country is being run. And they are not ensuring this for the better of the country, as several coups have quite clearly shown. It is done so that those people continue to have access to tax player money for their own advancement and betterment. They are most definitely worse than Thaksin, and decades of relevant history quite clearly shows this.

Time to take off the yellow tinted glasses and see what is really going on. How someone can deny or not see what is really happening is beyond belief to be honest.

And remember, even a yellow like Abhisit said it: "a retreat from democracy", that does not even come close to an improvement. And that is quite clearly not the goal. 

Edited by sjaak327

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Well I support peace and economic stability. And before the Junta took control there was none of that.

At least now Thailand is going forward and projects are being implemented.

Read the Financial Times just after the military took control and it will confirm for you how Thailand was going backwards and growth was stagnant.

Now there is a bright future with work, jobs, helping the poorer class, security and transparency.

I prefer this government to the previous, at least they didn't do a runner and take the billions of baht.

Thailand does not have peace and stability, it has fear and a oppression under threat of jail and at the barrel of a gun.  That is not peace and stability.  This peace and stability you speak of is nothing but an delusion. 

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

Oh right, an ultimatum! that sounds so much better than another low-life thieving scum doing a runner, doesn't it. And where did you get that diamond, the Red News?

How else does the most high-profile "criminal" in the country simply leave the country.  It was either case of breath-taking incompetence or complicity. 

2 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

How else does the most high-profile "criminal" in the country simply leave the country.  It was either case of breath-taking incompetence or complicity. 

Yes, we've heard that theory before. How about rich criminal bribes a few bent cops? Not quite so conspiratorial is it, but the simplest answer is usually the more correct.

1 minute ago, halloween said:

Yes, we've heard that theory before. How about rich criminal bribes a few bent cops? Not quite so conspiratorial is it, but the simplest answer is usually the more correct.

So incompetence in your opinion. And I would agree that the junta are the epitome of incompetence but Prayut (or do you prefer: Prayuth?) wanted her gone one way or the other because he knows full well he is despised and despite the Shins venality, he knows they'd win any election hands down and throwing her in jail would have caused a riot among her deluded supporters.  The supporters of the Junta and the Shins are exactly alike in that they both think the people they support care one iota about them.  And no, the simplest is not always "more correct" 

19 minutes ago, halloween said:

Only on your side of the fence, check.

Incompetence it remains Prawit should be charged for negligence, after all they have set the precedent. But alas, he is above the law, so much for justice.

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

So incompetence in your opinion. And I would agree that the junta are the epitome of incompetence but Prayut (or do you prefer: Prayuth?) wanted her gone one way or the other because he knows full well he is despised and despite the Shins venality, he knows they'd win any election hands down and throwing her in jail would have caused a riot among her deluded supporters.  The supporters of the Junta and the Shins are exactly alike in that they both think the people they support care one iota about them.  And no, the simplest is not always "more correct" 

A perfect example of why I don't bother to reply to your posts.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Lets speak the truth ....  the shins took billions of baht and did a runner .... and they live in luxury  !!

Why would anyone support a criminal  2 criminals on the run who did that   ?????

Similar to supporting the  Junta though isn't it, they are not on the run and been criminalized YET

9 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Indeed Candide, I concur. Also, we really don't know what the coup will cost Thailand (not just financially) in the future.  Society seems more divided than ever.... and more fearful. 

An article in The Asian Review qouted this "average growth 5% to 6% it enjoyed until the early 2010s. In 2016, it was down to 3.2%; a report by Pricewater House Coppers says the pace could slow to an average 2.6% by 2050". The report also sees Thailand's gross domestic product slipping from second to fifth in SouthEast Asia. Thailand will soon by overtaken by faster growing economies like those of Vietnam and Philippines.

Direct foreign investment in 2011-2013 was 31.3 B USD and has fallen to 15.7 B in 2014-2016. 

Wealth continue to be concentrated among a tiny fraction of its 70 million people. 58% of wealth is still owned by just 1% of the population. The inequality is worst in the world after Russia.

Thailand democracy index in 2012 has dropped to 4.92 in 2016.

That's how much the coup has cost Thailand. Not that it affect our resident farang junta supporters here although their numbers are fast shrinking.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 7:02 AM, ezzra said:

Boggles the minds how such powerful law enforcement agency such

as the Interpol and others can seems to locate a high profile fujitives

such as Mega rich boy and ex PM, who must be traveling with entourage

of helpers and lackeys using legal traveling documents, airlines, hotels

and other public services, and all are using no doubt social media..

the only other explanations is that the people that are 'looking' for them,

not really interested in finding them, and only makes the

appropriate noises for public consumption...

There is absolutely nothing boggling about the  situation.

Interpol spends their time and resources hunting international criminals...... clearly they are of the opinion, as the rest of the sane world is, that the Shinawatras are not criminals but are instead victims of political persecution by an unelected and oppressive regime.