Four Nigerians arrested for alleged romance scams

webfact

2 minutes ago, Hupaponics said:

You didn't read the comments?

2-3 gave him support, the rest posted disliked comments 

Yep, I read it. 2/3 support the fellow despite his spending half his life in prison.   9/10 posters on this and the other assorted Nigerian criminal threads speak of the Nigerians as sub human.  

11 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Overstay..3 to 8 years..<deleted>...What we're the Immigration Police doing???? Lining their pockets,until an official complaint was made regarding their activities.

Their not exactly needle in the haystack material..it's not a better system that's required...It's a SYSTEM!!!! They obviously had nothing,until the women made a complaint.If they couldn't detect these four in a week in Thailand,what chance have they got of finding real criminals..the mind boggles!!! T.I.T.

What a lot of crap. It is the same everywhere. When the Police want us to report or where about then we also complain.

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I think immigration need to find a better system of detecting overstay !

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

Microchip implants.

12 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Overstay..3 to 8 years..<deleted>...What we're the Immigration Police doing???? Lining their pockets,until an official complaint was made regarding their activities.

Their not exactly needle in the haystack material..it's not a better system that's required...It's a SYSTEM!!!! They obviously had nothing,until the women made a complaint.If they couldn't detect these four in a week in Thailand,what chance have they got of finding real criminals..the mind boggles!!! T.I.T.

I am not saying you are wrong.

It´s not what they do or finding a better system. If you go into hiding, do criminal activities and nobody report. Then it´s many countries that you can overstay and hide out long time in.
Immigration already know that these persons are overstaying, because it shows up in their system. The thing is that they let them do the last stupid thing to get caught themselfs. Useless to try to track them down. It just takes to much resources, and that is not Thai specific either.

Criminal news about blacks in Thailand is usually blown out of proportion( widespread ), meanwhile some whites are also into criminal activities. Overstaying is common amongst foreigners in Thailand not only Africans. However, criminal activities must be discouraged and offenders brought to book.  

42 minutes ago, Markis said:

Criminal news about blacks in Thailand is usually blown out of proportion( widespread ), meanwhile some whites are also into criminal activities. Overstaying is common amongst foreigners in Thailand not only Africans. However, criminal activities must be discouraged and offenders brought to book.  

White people doing things wrong is also blown out of proportion . In recent weeks I can recall news stories about White people sleeping on the street , urinating on the road and riding a motorbike with a sidecar and the sidecars wheels being off the ground .

Quite normal to see Thais doing these things on a daily basis , but its blown out of proportion when Whites do these things .

Africans are more likely to be overstaying , because they can only get Visas from their home Country

.There is a site..(which of course we are not allowed to name) which is dedicated to printing the photos of people running these scams . On the left is who they are on the internet,,,(both man & woman) the right of course their real photo. (no I dont know how they managed to get them)

I have been through all the photos and can tell you that their not all Nigerians--so no knee jerk reactions...because one person is an Asian.

So if you are in the market for an internet partner--you may want to visit these type of site first.

20151229224944-9980638c-me.png.bd4d42e94bd546693bee7bb07b11f759.png

Just now, natway09 said:

Why would anyone in their right mind send money to someone they have never met?

These  fellas have found a race of girls who are more stupid than back home

Its been happening for years, either males being conned by 'females' or vice versa. Same as the gold/money in the trunk 419 scams. There are plenty more gullible people in this world than you realise. Some of them very well educated, but still foolish.

Glad to see the RTP addressing this issue. There seems to be a lot of illegal activity originating from this small demographic. Perhaps the word will get back to Nigeria that play time is over and the flow of stupidity will end. The bad piece to this is that with a little sophistication the scam could be run from outside the Kingdom.

As this amply illustrates (and it's hardly anything out of the ordinary - other threads going on here constantly and at this very moment) long overstayers ARE involved in crime and therefore DO make life more difficult for the rest of us as immigration police naturally want to stop and check on foreigners.   Overstayers here constantly whine that they generally don't have anything to do with crime and have no impact on everyone else.   Just not true at all.    'Common sense for police to want to randomly scrutinize foreigners' immigration status looking specifically for this.   If their own internal tracking & reporting methods don't or didn't used to clue them to it, social media now certainly does.   I might not be the one to drop the dime, but I wouldn't give someone I knew to be a willful or neglectful overstayer the time of day.

On 2017-11-03 at 8:35 AM, asiaexpat said:

Not hard to find in BKK, just troll Nana area.

Exaxtly. How difficult can it be?

Just go there every day for check their passports. 

However, if it continues for weeks without finding any Nigeria on overstay, that would be harassment. But I doubt that'll be the case. 

Facebook is full of fake profiles, set up by Nigerians with pics of white farangs, asking for money transfers and deposits for non existent goods & services. 

Ive came across 3 different profiles here in Thailand with the same White farang pic, all selling non existent cheap items.

Facebook should concentrate more on shutting these down! 

On 11/2/2017 at 8:01 PM, wvavin said:

These Nigerians are treating the Thai immigration as fools for they could easily overstayed for 3 to 5 years living off the money from stupid women looking for romance. Well, they are continue coming in everyday.

I think they did, if you read the OP article:

He added that the four had overstayed their tourist visas by three to eight years.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:56 PM, RichardColeman said:

Note to immigration :

What is the point of 90 day reporting when criminals don't bother to go ?

The OP article said these guys were staying on tourist visas... which presumably long ago had expired.

AFAIK, there's generally no 90-day reporting involved for folks with tourist visas, since at most, each visa is only going to be for 60-days with a single possible 30 day extension.

To me, the main point is, why didn't Immigration notice that four guys who entered years ago on tourist visas had never checked out to leave the country since the time they had received their tourist visas?  Clueless, absolutely clueless.

Immigration police chief Pol Lt-General Sutthipong Wongpin

The prior articles in the past month or so typically have referred to this guy as the "acting" Immigration chief. Dunno if he got a promotion, or this news source just decided to leave off his actual title.

The former chief got bounced, as best as I recall, over the messes with the huge Immigration queues at the airports earlier this year.

Maybe this new guy did such a good job in his prior post (see below), that he earned the promotion, or demotion, depending on how one views the assignment.

It has been found that more than 400 individuals cheated in the tests.These were people taking the test who paid bribes for favors as well as people setting the exams who gave out answers, reports Daily News

Chakthip said he had received reports from the metropolitan chief of police Sanit Mahathavorn and Region 7 head Suthiphong Wongpin and was satisfied that the cheating was confined to those two sections of the police.

And Elvis has left the building. 

Webfact this type of reporting only hardens the resolve of people's feelings and sets out racial profiling by the newspaper.

How many TV members have say bought a hair wand or gave money to a Thai lady. Most of the times you have been had. I have done it. Now how many have been a gig or paid their girl while they were away from them for a long period of time.

So what is romance, get the cash, get the pants off or a full and loving relation which is one sided. If you have done any of this you have either been a scammer or you were scammed. So not everyone is from Nigeria, the only difference is the colour of the skin and that they stand out in a crowd.