Ignore lists -what's the average?

bazza73

19 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Should not be taken seriously...... And yet there are those who do actually take the statements made, seriously. I direct your attention to the health threads where there are some who  actually believe the nonsense posted such as;

- The benefits of regular "colonics" and enemas

- The idiotic claims as to the magical benefits  of "natural"  or "homeopathic" remedies which are neither "natural", nor effective, nor in some cases safe;

- The recommendation of "nutritional" supplements despite the fact that the human digestive system is unable to absorb the quantities needed to have an effect, nor able to metabolize and use the  supplements.

- The false claims about vaccines particularly the malicious and false links to autism, mental retardation etc.

On the general news threads we are treated to a regular outflow of hatred under the guise of "political opinion".  I get it that there are differing opinions/views on  political issues, however some of the views demonstrate some dangerous people. The forums are used as a platform to spread their hate. It need not be be blatant. In that regard, I offer the Russian  activities in the last US election. It was subtle, fairly low key, but effective. All done under the mantle of the "harmless" anonymous internet.Manipulation is manipulation.

I think that getting diagnoses from an internet forum is not particularly wise. That is what hospitals and clinics are for. People need to recognise that professional advice comes at a price. Free advice on an internet forum mostly comes from well meaning amateurs or quacks; though I do acknowledge there are posters with professional backgrounds.

I don't think that people spread hate on forums. Yes, there are many that display the whole range of bigotry, but it is wrong; in my view; to think they form or alter other poster's opinions. I believe most people have enough about them to have developed their own views and values and see the ranters and ravers for what they are.

Edited by champers

Nobody on ignore, never found the need, usually now take a step back if someone gets a little too personal, probably been on the ignore list of a few others - some posters struggle to accept a flippant poster that is always right - occasionally :smile:

3 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Dont need to worry, only a bully who cant handle the opinion of others puts people on ignore. As far as i know Thailand has a more than fair share of expat bullies. No surprise to me, anymore !

I can handle the opinion of others and I have never put anyone on ignore for haven't a different opinion, even if they are trollish with their opinion. My ignore function is used almost exclusively for eliminating stupid people.

@ Iannarebirth: " The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door. That's the only difference.  --  Ralph Nader

- Has evolved into a wordwide concept in the meantime. The future looks bright.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, swissie said:

@ Iannarebirth: " The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door. That's the only difference.  --  Ralph Nader

- Has evolved into a wordwide concept in the meantime. The future looks bright.

Cheers.

Today's "Oops, I've posted in the wrong thread" moment brought to you by....

Nobody on ignore over here... I love you all.

I haven't come across anyone sufficiently overpowering or odious on TV that I can simply avoid without the crutch of the forum's 'Ignore' function. The ones that overtly bait and subvert threads seem to vaporize quite quickly these days so I guess the Mods are on the ball and/or users are more willing to use the Report button. Suggesting that certain members of long-standing who obviously have a Master's in quick wit and instant repartee may be 'mates of mods' and get a free pass is a bit of a shame.

I fully appreciate that we can't all debate or opine with eloquence, remaining grammatically correct (and on topic!) while delivering incisive comment replete with wry humor just as some simply can't survive without emoticons, but reporting another member because one perceives one has simply 'lost' an argument and therefore 'I don't like you' is all a bit lame. Time to get off that FB inspired 'like' and 'unfriend' teat... you never knew me anyway.

I think it would be fun to know how many members do have you on 'Ignore' but no need to identify them. No need to stigmatize them further after all.

Nobody on ignore, two or three posters who have annoyed me personally with their replies to my posts but it’s all water off a ducks back ( or snot off a chickens lip as a mate of mine used to say ).

After all it’s an open forum policed by mods who remove posts when they overstep the rules so no need to spit the dummy out and put someone on ignore IMO.

15 hours ago, phuketjock said:

What an inane comment to make, but it does indicate what kind of person you are

and how feeble your intellect must be to have to ignore someone you are unable to

deal with verbally on an anonymous forum, strange really.

Well, if you are going to put it about you are so holy that you would never ignore anybody because it's a failure on your part, I'd say the comment is entirely appropriate. Excuse me if I think there's a divergence of your first and second posts.

I can give as good as I get on TV. The people who make it on to my ignore list are those that persist in stupidity.

1 minute ago, transam said:

No, others read it.I had a bloke telling lies about me here..Very naughty, but taken care of...:stoner:

Yes, others read it. However, the poster will usually give up when they get no response from the person they are attacking. If they persist, that then becomes obvious to other posters.

Personally, I don't care about comments I don't see or hear. They can just get on with their sad lives.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:23 PM, champers said:

I don't have anyone on ignore. It is an anonymous internet forum and should not be taken overly seriously. If anyone is being stalked I think a report to moderators should be in order.

What if the stalker is  a moderator?

13 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

What if the stalker is  a moderator?

I haven't seen any evidence of that happening. Some are more strict than others. And some are treasure troves of information, like Crossy and Ubon Joe.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Yes, but it was my voice they envied.....love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.63e929e7e0fb54eae4f725b9f9292229.gif

I would love to see you post an audio tape here, so we can take a vote on that. Or maybe an OP for a new thread.

No need to post a photo, I'll take your word for it you are hansum.

1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

I would love to see you post an audio tape here, so we can take a vote on that. Or maybe an OP for a new thread.

No need to post a photo, I'll take your word for it you are hansum.

Noooooo,I sing when everyone is three parts pissed and the farangs noses are deep in their glass....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.27d9c2b7b959a5020a3ec53f7fb51a61.gif

I have 3. 

1. because I'd rather do without all of those dots..............after..............every.................bloody.............word.

2. An obvious and quite tiresome troll.

3. Too much repetitive boring shit and pre-adolescent type name calling - from an OAP.