Ignore lists -what's the average?

bazza73

If you're like me, you don't tolerate fools gladly. There are some posters - new and long term, where I just throw up my hands and say it's a waste of time to continue. No names, no pack drill. So I'm wondering what the average is? Currently, I have 8.

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

I was about to say none, but then it occurred to me that I may be one of your 8 and so you wouldnt know what I said anyway. So I wont bother.

Well, if you were, I could not respond, could I?

With as you describe the 'waste of time' guys is can be difficult to know whether they are serious or playing games. You can ignore someone without putting them on an ignore list. Having said that there are a few i can think of that detroy the forum and get decent threads closed by their selfish persisitance. Needs to be addressed but i dare not say more !

6 hours ago, Gruff said:

With as you describe the 'waste of time' guys is can be difficult to know whether they are serious or playing games. You can ignore someone without putting them on an ignore list. Having said that there are a few i can think of that detroy the forum and get decent threads closed by their selfish persisitance. Needs to be addressed but i dare not say more !

We can not read every post but you can help us by using the report button next time you someone destroying a thread :smile:

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I have about 30 odd going back over many years.

Some have come back under new names.

I really must go over the list and clear it out and then it will be down to 5 or 6.

Yes, it is interesting the trolls can assume a new identity. I would have thought they would be filtered out via having the same  IP address, but apparently there are ways around that.

24 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Yes, it is interesting the trolls can assume a new identity. I would have thought they would be filtered out via having the same  IP address, but apparently there are ways around that.

I have just gone through my list and got it down to 14.

I still see some of their posts if somebody else replies but most of the time I ignore that too.

20 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Wow. Do you enjoy spending your life as a doormat?

What an inane comment to make, but it does indicate what kind of person you are

and how feeble your intellect must be to have to ignore someone you are unable to

deal with verbally on an anonymous forum, strange really.

4 hours ago, phuketjock said:

What an inane comment to make, but it does indicate what kind of person you are

and how feeble your intellect must be to have to ignore someone you are unable to

deal with verbally on an anonymous forum, strange really.

Dont need to worry, only a bully who cant handle the opinion of others puts people on ignore. As far as i know Thailand has a more than fair share of expat bullies. No surprise to me, anymore !

7 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Thai internet companies give you a new IP address every time you reboot your router (unless you pay extra for a static IP).

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

Dont need to worry, only a bully who cant handle the opinion of others puts people on ignore. As far as i know Thailand has a more than fair share of expat bullies. No surprise to me, anymore !

That is not really true. There is no real way of dealing with someone who is being a persistent idiot. As suggested earlier the best advice would seem to be not to put on a personal ignore list but report them before they destroy a thread which then gets closed.

Edited by Gruff

Ahh come on guys. Why put anyone on "ignore"? TVF is like a big family. Exchanging views and opinions in a civilized manner. Having tons of fun.

Of course, there are some members, I would not want to marry one of my step-daughters. I would voice some mild opposition.

At the same time, I would not recommend to any of my step-daughters to marry ME!:saai:
Cheers.

12 hours ago, champers said:

I don't have anyone on ignore. It is an anonymous internet forum and should not be taken overly seriously. If anyone is being stalked I think a report to moderators should be in order.

Should not be taken seriously...... And yet there are those who do actually take the statements made, seriously. I direct your attention to the health threads where there are some who  actually believe the nonsense posted such as;

- The benefits of regular "colonics" and enemas

- The idiotic claims as to the magical benefits  of "natural"  or "homeopathic" remedies which are neither "natural", nor effective, nor in some cases safe;

- The recommendation of "nutritional" supplements despite the fact that the human digestive system is unable to absorb the quantities needed to have an effect, nor able to metabolize and use the  supplements.

- The false claims about vaccines particularly the malicious and false links to autism, mental retardation etc.

On the general news threads we are treated to a regular outflow of hatred under the guise of "political opinion".  I get it that there are differing opinions/views on  political issues, however some of the views demonstrate some dangerous people. The forums are used as a platform to spread their hate. It need not be be blatant. In that regard, I offer the Russian  activities in the last US election. It was subtle, fairly low key, but effective. All done under the mantle of the "harmless" anonymous internet.Manipulation is manipulation.

Edited by geriatrickid