British woman facing death penalty in Egypt for carrying PAINKILLERS has become a 'zombie'

webfact

British woman facing death penalty in Egypt for carrying PAINKILLERS has become a 'zombie'

THE brother of a British woman facing the death penalty in Egypt for flying painkillers into the country has said she has become a “zombie” in prison.

By JAMES FIELDING

fb.jpg

Laura Plummer (centre) was arrested in Cairo after being found to be carrying painkillers //Picture Facebook

James Plummer said his sister Laura is struggling to cope behind bars and has started losing hair with stress. 

The 33-year-old from Hull was arrested in Cairo after being found to be carrying nearly 300 tramadol tablets and some Naproxen in her suitcase for her Egyptian husband’s bad back. 

In her last text to her 70-year-old father Neville, she begged: “I’m in trouble and I need your help.”  He tried to reply but her telephone was off.  

Full story: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/875658/british-woman-laura-plummer-egypt-death-penalty-painkillers-drugs-foreign-office

-- SUNDAY EXPRESS 2017-11-06

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hagler said:

She knew the risks. Got caught and will now pay the penalty. Bimbo

Yes 300 tablets sounds suspicious and any half-wit should know carrying large amounts of any drug carries extreme risk. I still find your post harsh though.

Where on earth did she get them from?

Unfortunately either naivety, ignorance , or stupidity has brought her to where she is now. 300 tablets, even in UK would surely need a GP certificate. She obtained them from a friend, so no paper trail. Assuming her husband knew about what she was doing, he should have warned her. I take Solpadiene, a paracetamol and codeine mix, banned here in Thailand except on prescription. However, each time I travelled from Saudi I had a letter from my Doctor explaining why I had them.  

I do hope she gets the help she needs, and manages to get out of that s***hole.

They are pain-killer pills.  And yes, they may be used for kicks and yes, they're addictive.  But they're pills.  They affect the person who ingests them.  Not like a gun  (or legal things like burning plastic or polluting water) which can affect numerous people in the vicinity.

Egyptian lawmakers/authorities need to put things in perspective, and quit being so damn harsh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

where did they get 300 tamadol from ?

Good question! Maybe flew to Thailand and bought them in a pharmacy before the end destination. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, mark01 said:

In the UK they won't even let you buy more than two packets of aspirin at the same time.

That's a lot of tramadol she got hold of.

Yep, it is! To much to have been on recipe or bought in a legal way in most western countries.

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

It’s not a lot of tablets to take with you and it’s an effective pain killer. My doctor here has prescribed me them for an acute pain in the back and they are quite effective. Never had any problem from them and certainly no ‘highs it loes’ As has been reported from some. Hope she manages to get out of the jail and get back home safely to recover from her ordeal soon.

Yes, it´s a lot of tablets. About enough to last 8-9 month for most people taking them regulary. Just not something you carry in one bag into a foreign country.

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I also used to take them after I cracked a rib, 1 or 2 a day for about 2 weeks. Any more and I risked addiction. Tramadol is not suitable for long term use. More than a month and you're hooked.

300 tablets, you're either an addict or a dealer.

You´re right! Actually Tramadol is an opiate that gives the feelings of a more social and open minded sense. Combined with an intake of alcohol it can make people more open and give a feeling of a greater and more relaxed happiness. It´s definately addictive. She did the crime and she probably knew it or was just stupid.

• Like 2

Tramadol is a prescription drug in the UK whereas one can buy it in limited quantities without prescription in Thailand.

Given that she had a very large quantity (290) from the UK she should have a prescription which she should be able to show the authorities which could perhaps mitigate the higher ranges of the possible punishment. If she has obtained these drugs illegally in the UK and transported them to Egypt without prescription then frankly she deserves whatever she gets in my opinion, as there are many painkiller alternatives to Tramadol for back pain.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Nice looking woman there; I feel her husband has left her out to rot. Something tells me she married well, so where is  he?

Looks like 'hired help' to me.

Hookers and drugs ........... who would have thought it?

1 hour ago, johna said:

Laura is not married, her partner Omar Caboo is married in Egypt and is reported to have numerous girlfriends. Omar works in a Sharm El Sheikh hotel as a sports administrator, Tramadol is a prescription drug in the UK and illegal in Egypt. All in all, it looks like Laura has been played as a fool.

No doubt Omar will offer to do time for her. 

When you say it is illegal in Egypt, does that mean it is not available even with a prescription as your post implies?

Reading the Sunday Express it looks like the Foreign Office are involved....but doing nothing which is usual for British Embassies worldwide.

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:
THE brother of a British woman facing the death penalty in Egypt for flying painkillers into the country has said she has become a “zombie” in prison.
By JAMES FIELDING

fb.jpg.9decde4282aa8438691904bed702a325.jpg
Laura Plummer (centre) was arrested in Cairo after being found to be carrying painkillers //Picture Facebook

James Plummer said his sister Laura is struggling to cope behind bars and has started losing hair with stress. 

The 33-year-old from Hull was arrested in Cairo after being found to be carrying nearly 300 tramadol tablets and some Naproxen in her suitcase for her Egyptian husband’s bad back. 

In her last text to her 70-year-old father Neville, she begged: “I’m in trouble and I need your help.”  He tried to reply but her telephone was off.  

Full story: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/875658/british-woman-laura-plummer-egypt-death-penalty-painkillers-drugs-foreign-office

-- SUNDAY EXPRESS 2017-11-06

What a s*it hole! , 90% of adults do NOT use it for a fun high but as an effective pain killer

How did she get all those pills to start with?

I also used to take them after I cracked a rib, 1 or 2 a day for about 2 weeks. Any more and I risked addiction. Tramadol is not suitable for long term use. More than a month and you're hooked.

street value of Tramadol there is about 12c per pill. So she could have made about $30

Dealer???

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, retarius said:

No doubt Omar will offer to do time for her. 

When you say it is illegal in Egypt, does that mean it is not available even with a prescription as your post implies?

Reading the Sunday Express it looks like the Foreign Office are involved....but doing nothing which is usual for British Embassies worldwide.

Tramadol is used as a substitute by heroin addicts,  I don't know if its available by prescription in Egypt.

• Like 1

A copy of her prescription from England. But I believe this pain killer has been removed from the UK health service as well as. A number of other countries and I would be certain no Doctiors in Uk would prescription 300. This would be looked at as a drug carrier  to customs in most countries. If she had a legal prescription she should have had the common sense to declare them on arrival. 

Come on you lot who are condemning this as discusting. She has an Egyption husband. He should have advised her, unless he knew he could sell them for good money. As was mentioned his doctor would have given him some pain killers, not this brand because they are probably banned in Egypt. She is classed as a dealer and that's that. She is only sorry she got caught, sorry for her situation but I am a drugs enemy, it destroys the lives of many especially young. People. Sorry guys but this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, johna said:

Tramadol is used as a substitute by heroin addicts,  I don't know if its available by prescription in Egypt.

It used to be possible to get it on prescription without too much hassle. Then a few years back its popularity boomed and it became the drug of choice, replacing many traditional (and more regulated) choices. Being Egypt, such things go with the obligatory rumor - in this case that it enhances a man's sexual prowess. New rules in place regulate quite a few meds with similar substances, carrying rather severe punishments. I think one could still get it by prescription, though, if in very limited doses.

Given the Egyptian guy's job description and location, could be she was used as a mule....knowingly or otherwise. But if that was so, she'd already sell him out and/or authorities would be all over him. So really hard to say without details. Not much likelihood of her being unaware bringing it in is problematic, though.

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

That's just not true. I use them for hip joint pain. I take them when the pain is severe, sometimes month or 2 in a row and then stop on a dime when I don't have pain. Been 3 days since my last one and feeling just fine. I take Tylenol as my main pain reliever. 

2 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

That's just not true. I use them for hip joint pain. I take them when the pain is severe, sometimes month or 2 in a row and then stop on a dime when I don't have pain. Been 3 days since my last one and feeling just fine. I take Tylenol as my main pain reliever. 

If you take that much pain killers, you are an addict.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Tramadol is a prescription drug in the UK whereas one can buy it in limited quantities without prescription in Thailand.

Given that she had a very large quantity (290) from the UK she should have a prescription which she should be able to show the authorities which could perhaps mitigate the higher ranges of the possible punishment. If she has obtained these drugs illegally in the UK and transported them to Egypt without prescription then frankly she deserves whatever she gets in my opinion, as there are many painkiller alternatives to Tramadol for back pain.

Tramadol is now a drug that need prescription even in Thailand, and thereby they would basically only be available in hospital pharmacies and some other approved pharmacies but you can still get them from your local pharmacy until they run out of their stock (or as long as they can get hold of them...).