webfact

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

An elite liberal comedian who lives behind a gate in "Brentwood", Beverly Hills, etc.

Probably nevers goes anywhere without an armed guard.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You know very little about USA geography, huh?
Also, I see you're a Brit, right?

From a nation without a big problem with mass shootings pretending to have the answer for the nation with the BIGGEST problem.

Call me not impressed, dude. 

An interesting in depth 38 minute piece by CNN reporter Don Lemon.

A 'Bingo!' event also known as full house on the flop in some parts of the world because in contains every single NRA BS talking points from the pro gun interviewees. As I mentioned on another thread some time ago.... I'd rather argue with a Creationist because they do actually have a basis to argue from as they HAVE to reject both evolution and the earth being more that 10,000 years old due to a literal belief in the Bible. The same cannot be said of gun fetishists who have no such dogma and take such a stance for either money or power. 

You know very little about USA geography, huh?
Also, I see you're a Brit, right?
From a nation without a big problem with mass shootings pretending to have the answer for the nation with the BIGGEST problem.
Call me not impressed, dude. 
I'm American. Some Brit smoker who thinks he is quite witty misquoted one of my posts to suggest that I think there is a brand of ciggies called "Elderly Briton". I decided to embrace the ridicule instead.

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I'm American. Some Brit smoker who thinks he is quite witty misquoted one of my posts to suggest that I think there is a brand of ciggies called "Elderly Briton". I decided to embrace the ridicule instead.

OK. Even more sad. 

lol

I don't know where Colbert lives certainly not Hawaiian Gardens or Compton. Maybe somewhere closer to CBS like Encino. Or maybe he flies in on the Business Jet every week and stays in a $1500/ night suite with the rest of the global warming hypocrites?

The average joe has to be disarmed while they live behind walls with burly Personal assistants and drivers, all carrying concealed weapons. Happy I am taxed to death to pay for social engineering while they hide money in a Cayman trust. Their kids are all in private schools fortunately

Liberal elite celebrities. Biggest phonies in America. Their motto " Do as I say not as I do".

2 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I don't know where Colbert lives certainly not Hawaiian Gardens or Compton. Maybe somewhere closer to CBS like Encino.
Or maybe he flies in on Business Jet every week and stays in a $1500/ night suite with the rest of the global warming hypocrites.

The average joe has to be disarmed while they live behind walls with burly Personal assistans and drivers, all carrying concealed weapons. Happy I am taxed to death to pay for social engineering while they hide money in a Cayman trust. Their kids are all in private schools fortunately

Liberal elite celebrities. Biggest phonies in America. Their motto " Do as I say not as I do".

Deflection away from the issue is also included in the 'bingo!' video posted above.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:48 AM, 55Jay said:

You're being intentionally dishonest in your characterization.  English and the Aussies claim their restrictive gun ownership laws have reduced GUN violence.  Specifically mass shootings. 

If we lived in a perfect, peaceful society where everyone had purity of thought and moral convictions, there would be no need for laws, but sadly we do not.   Written laws are established guidelines for society.    The original Ten Commandants didn't do the job, so tens of hundreds of laws later, we are still trying to get those with criminal behavior to conform.    It is a never-ending cycle.  People with criminal intent will never conform to society or obey any written law.   Laws restricting gun ownership only restrict legal ownership. This tragedy of senseless deaths was not due to inadequate gun control laws. Because information from his military service court-martial had not been entered into the national database, he was able to purchase the weapon he used.   If that information had been available, this assault-style rifle would not have been used. But having criminal intent he would have resorted to other methods.   So due to a few mentally deranged individuals actions, there is now a need for increased restrictions on gun sales, when the current firearms laws should have prevented it.  The government actually needs to enforce the current regulations and close the loopholes, which led to this recent incident. 

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I don't know where Colbert lives certainly not Hawaiian Gardens or Compton. Maybe somewhere closer to CBS like Encino. Or maybe he flies in on the Business Jet every week and stays in a $1500/ night suite with the rest of the global warming hypocrites?

The average joe has to be disarmed while they live behind walls with burly Personal assistants and drivers, all carrying concealed weapons. Happy I am taxed to death to pay for social engineering while they hide money in a Cayman trust. Their kids are all in private schools fortunately

He lives in New Jersey, dude. :stoner:

21 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

Laws restricting gun ownership only restrict legal ownership. This tragedy of senseless deaths was not due to inadequate gun control laws. Because information from his military service court-martial had not been entered into the national database, he was able to purchase the weapon he used.   If that information had been available, this assault-style rifle would not have been used. But having criminal intent he would have resorted to other methods.   So due to a few mentally deranged individuals actions, there is now a need for increased restrictions on gun sales, when the current firearms laws should have prevented it.  The government actually needs to enforce the current regulations and close the loopholes, which led to this recent incident. 

I disagree with your premise. One reason why we don't have as many armed robberies or shootings by criminals in Canada is the general lack of access to guns by everyone. By putting more restrictions in place and enforcing them, it makes it a hassle for people to get their guns legally, so only the keenest shooters bother. Therefore there are far far far less guns around. Less guns to be stolen in break-ins. Less guns to be picked up when someone is angry in the spur of the moment. Less guns to find their way to gun shows where rules are easily avoided. Less guns lying around or even stored properly but where clever children can find them and accidentally shoot their siblings or selves.

In addition, by having these rules in place, you put a hazard and a cost on each step that a criminal has to take to get his gun. Each step is now illegal, so there's a risk of the criminal getting caught. The cost is much higher so criminals who do things like B&Es don't tend to be armed - too expensive, too high a cost if caught, and most homeowners don't have guns either so no need to keep them for protection or getaway. When you flood a country with guns, it becomes much cheaper and easier for criminals to get them. This is so obvious that it shouldn't have to be stated. And yet...

11 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Montclair? Sounds like quite the tony North Jersey town with a $610k median home price.

I would not have known the show is shot in NYC. I get my news from journalists not sneering comedians.

Never heard Letterman either I suppose....

6 hours ago, Thakkar said:

More than a decade ago most republicans and some democrats, under pressure from the gun lobby, block funds to the CDC to even study gun violence.

Until the pernicious influence of the gun lobby can be contained, there will not be enough votes to change policy.

the NRA cannot be contained, maybe someone will correct me but they may be the most powerful lobby group in america.  the republicans and democrats keep blocking legislation, the reps block what the dems want and the dems block the reps want (and sometimes one or two flip to the other side to make a point, like mccain did recently).  i forget the legislation item (for lack of a better word), but a number of years ago another guy crossed the line from dem to rep, i think it was joe lieberman.

look at this 'obamacare', obama made some effort to do something.  it didn't really work out all that well.  but it can probably work with some tweeks here and there.  but no, the reps just care about repealing/eliminating anything that obama did.  most politicians don't think about the american people.  they only think about themselves and their party.

29 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Not really. I was watching Letterman on a small B&W tv in my college dorm in 1986, Sneering and guffawing at the sophomoric humor where everything has to be ironic.

I actually used to be a left winger. I grew up.

You grew something

I readily admit I have no solution for the problem of gun deaths in the US, and I don't think anyone does. This is because we really don't have the data to make a rational decision on what controls would be effective. As I have said before, this is because tba federal government is forbidden from grating this like the public health issue that it is.

Here is a very striking graph comparing the deaths and resources committed  to studying various public health issues. Unfortunately the graph did not come out well, so click on link to see it.

TH 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/06/opinion/how-to-reduce-shootings.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region&_r=0

guns7research-720.png

Edited by thaihome

5 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Not really. I was watching Letterman on a small B&W tv in my college dorm in 1986, Sneering and guffawing at the sophomoric humor where everything has to be ironic.

I actually used to be a left winger. I grew up.

And now you are trolling.   Keep it up and suspension will be coming your way.

This could get interesting. 

TH 

The Legal Loophole That Could Give the Vegas Shooting Victims a Big Payday

It’s normally difficult to win lawsuits against the gun industry for making or selling products that are used to commit crimes. That’s because, in 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), which gives firearms and ammunition manufacturers and retailers broad immunities from civil liability. In this instance though, the suit isn’t against a gun manufacturer. In fact, Slide Fire’s founder Jeremiah Cottle took pains to assure his product was not classified as a gun or an integral gun part.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/08/the-legal-loophole-that-could-give-the-vegas-shooting-victims-a-big-payday-215803

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, thaihome said:

I readily admit I have no solution for the problem of gun deaths in the US, and I don't think anyone does. This is because we really don't have the data to make a rational decision on what controls would be effective. As I have said before, this is because tba federal government is forbidden from grating this like the public health issue that it is.

Here is a very striking graph comparing the deaths and resources committed  to studying various public health issues. Unfortunately the graph did not come out well, so click on link to see it.

TH 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/06/opinion/how-to-reduce-shootings.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region&_r=0

guns7research-720.png

Yes we do:

sa.png

3 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Interesting to see the left blaming conservative Christian NRA members for the Texas shooting, even though Christians were killed by a liberal atheist who was stopped by an NRA member. Any excuse to politicize a tragedy...

The shooter was not religiously motivated.

To add, your post was vomit inducing.

On 11/7/2017 at 11:47 PM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

His show is in New York and he lives in New Jersey.  He was born in Washington DC and grew up in South Carolina.

Not that there's anything wrong with being from California.

(You could have googled that, of course.)

24 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Interesting to see the left blaming conservative Christian NRA members for the Texas shooting, even though Christians were killed by a liberal atheist who was stopped by an NRA member. Any excuse to politicize a tragedy...

The one politicizing this is folks like yourself.   Your NRA member did not stop him.   He was already done and had left the Church.    Is there no end to the insanity the NRA and it's supports which to perpetrate on the American public?

When the <deleted> head was in the Air Force, he assaulted his wife and child and the military court-martialed him and gave him a bad-conduct discharge. If the US Air Force had done their duty and reported this, he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun legally.

7 minutes ago, Ruffian Dick said:

When the <deleted> head was in the Air Force, he assaulted his wife and child and the military court-martialed him and gave him a bad-conduct discharge. If the US Air Force had done their duty and reported this, he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun legally.

All true, but I'll bet he could still buy a gun pretty easily given the loopholes that exist.