Trust.

Been there done that

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You're right, my 19 year old daughter wouldn't even speak with a foreigner (If i or mom wasn't in the room with her).

Plenty of respectable Thai women, but not much use if they won't speak to you.

By 'respectable', I am assuming your daughter will also not talk to a Thai man unless you or her mother are in the room. She is still young, it would be a little bit worrying if she is like that in her mid 20s. 

Do you just automatically assume, because she is Thai, that if she says hello to someone she will then be in for the 'long con'? 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see - six months. Must be a typo. You mean six years don't you -- what can you study in six months?

I helped a Thai student win a scholarship for a PhD in Australia -- he's been there now about 6 years.

Edited by JLCrab

Just now, JLCrab said:

I see - six months. Must be a typo. You mean six years don't you -- what can you study in six months?

Just basic English first. She comes over 4 times a week to get used to my accent. From what I can see she is more going for the experience/check the place out - before making a final decision on her studies. 

So you gave up all lot to move to Thailand and no longer live in the best place in the world to live in but what is it you were doing in that best place in the world to live to live in that they think you gave up so much to move to Thailand?

No -- I just enjoy reading of your insight on the successful modern Thai woman and BTW this isn't your show.

I realize some may look down on my profligate ways in supporting wastrel Thai women but, since I still earn more each year than I spend doing it, what's the big deal?

Edited by JLCrab

12 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

BTW this isn't your show.

Show????

My show? As in I am a host trying to dictate the direction of the conversation? If I didn't, I am sure the mods would have come and done it for us. 

Or a show about me? If this, then why the line of questioning specifically about me?

Or show as in show off? If you consider that showing off it says more about you than me. 

I had a point/experiences directly related to the topic. Others found it more than useful/relevant to bother liking it. 

The point was made and finished, you continued it and led it into a direction of irrelevance.

I really couldn't care less how you live your life... What I did care about this topic, was silly generalisations relating to the women of a particular country. 

Time to sleep. Have a good night :)

Edited by wildewillie89

24 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Show????
<snip>

I really couldn't care less how you live your life... What I did care about this topic, was silly generalisations relating to the women of a particular country. 

Time to sleep. Have a good night :)

Yes -- you said that I must be bored. But you were the one who said that you gave up a lot to live in Thailand, and other than being from the best city in the world to live in, I just wanted to hear you say just what. You seem to always talk about women who pay their own way and while that is great there are lots of women out there who don't who maybe bring scintillating personalities into the equation and that interests me more than hooking up with a government clerk.

Edited by JLCrab

9 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

You seem to always talk about women who pay their own way and while that is great there are lots of women out there who don't who maybe bring scintillating personalities into the equation and that interests me more than hooking up with a government clerk.

I've had 2 pals in CM dumped on by 'live in' gf government clerks in the past couple of months.

1. dumped him after 2 years cos he didn't give her enough money (and he was always boasting how he didn't have to pay her).

2. was left looking after her kids, while she had a little holiday in Phuket with an American (he thought she was at a conference).

These 2 girls were average 40 year olds, nothing to look at, and dull as ditchwater.

Should have had bar girls, way better looking, and the sex would have been better.

The success stories just keep coming and full of self efficacy.  Of course though the stories of personal superiority are only told to us (not to brag) but to counter Posters who are coveniently being labelled as 'negative'.

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I've had 2 pals in CM dumped on by 'live in' gf government clerks in the past couple of months.

1. dumped him after 2 years cos he didn't give her enough money (and he was always boasting how he didn't have to pay her).

2. was left looking after her kids, while she had a little holiday in Phuket with an American (he thought she was at a conference).

These 2 girls were average 40 year olds, nothing to look at, and dull as ditchwater.

Should have had bar girls, way better looking, and the sex would have been better.

Nah, more like you had both couples round for dinner and after force feeding themselves they had had enough.

5 hours ago, Gruff said:

The success stories just keep coming and full of self efficacy.  Of course though the stories of personal superiority are only told to us (not to brag) but to counter Posters who are coveniently being labelled as 'negative'.

Labelled?....posters who are negative are plentiful!!! why the need to label?

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Labelled?....posters who are negative are plentiful!!! why the need to label?

Well if you lived tomorrow than you wouldn't have to deal with all those negative persons living today.

Edited by JLCrab

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah, more like you had both couples round for dinner and after force feeding themselves they had had enough.

I never invite people to my home, that's private.

And I don't let my wife meet expats gfs/wives ....... that's asking for trouble.

9 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Yes -- you said that I must be bored. But you were the one who said that you gave up a lot to live in Thailand, and other than being from the best city in the world to live in, I just wanted to hear you say just what. You seem to always talk about women who pay their own way and while that is great there are lots of women out there who don't who maybe bring scintillating personalities into the equation and that interests me more than hooking up with a government clerk.

What you want to hear is not relevant though. I didn't say I gave up a lot. I even called the study that made the claim 'useless'. It was thought and said by the Thai person. 

I have absolutely no problems what people do with their lives. Some languages of love work based on different variables. Emotional, logical, financial etc. If that works out then it is fine. 

However, if a conversation moves into the direction of irrational bashing out of negativity and what very much looks like jealousy, then people will set the record straight. An ignorant generalisation was made, it was corrected. Why take it so personally when it had absolutely no relevance to you? That is where it looks like jealousy. Who cares who ends up with who if the relationship works out. I thought that was a given.

The point was people shouldn't make ignorant generalisations. If I married a rice farmer all of my posts would be about farming as a job. But I married someone with a different job so my posts will talk about their job. It is an incredibly logical conclusion to make, for whatever reason you see it as some attack on everyone else - which is a problem on your end, not mine. 

9 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

So you base your whole thinking off 2 people? I have even said in the benefits of marrying a public servant thread, that officials are not any better people. I know one who lied to a few guys just to get a farang. 

Like any woman, time needs to be taken to learn the woman. There is no job that has a label saying I am 100% moral. My point, however, was obviously if a woman does have her own paycheck, and the guy is very clear regarding his financial intention, then there is no such thing as a 'long con'.

I have made the relevant points that needed to be made. No point continuing the discussion it seems (from my end). 

If people want to continue to live a life of bitterness and jealousy based on a few examples that is completely up to them. It is the exact reason why many farang won't go to the farang hangouts. Less moaning happens in hair salons than farang pubs in Thailand lol. 

Enjoy that :). 

10 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I've had sex with bar girls, and some were lousy at it. You never know what is going to come along to upset your preconceptions. One drop-dead gorgeous chick I picked up was so bad I kicked her out prior to consummation, just could not be bothered.

The fact I've been with my GF for about 7 years now says something about her abilities.

24 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

I've had sex with bar girls, and some were lousy at it.

Yeah, but it's nice to try a good looking one with a perfect body for a change, even if she isn't much good for anything.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I've had sex with bar girls, and some were lousy at it. You never know what is going to come along to upset your preconceptions. One drop-dead gorgeous chick I picked up was so bad I kicked her out prior to consummation, just could not be bothered.
The fact I've been with my GF for about 7 years now says something about her abilities.

Difference being your girlfriend I assume is into you and clearly needs to get it right whereas they probably weren't and didn't need to.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

She must have forgot her I-phone & was bored....

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Difference being your girlfriend I assume is into you and clearly needs to get it right whereas they probably weren't and didn't need to.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Obviously the long time g/f really needs the regular money and is not at all fussy, whereas the other bargirl was fussy and didn't have to pretend otherwise.

I'm not going to go point for point. There are women in Thailand who are not college educated, are not professionals, and the jobs they have are more along the line of waitresses and hairdressers. Some of them or at least some that I know have young daughters and they are consumed with making sure that their daughters have it better than they did. And if they want to hook up with an older farang to get it done, so what?

In many cases they are interested in an older farang because they are so hot that they have been chased by the alpha males since they were 15 and they now want something different. And what is also the case that a guy may develop a temperament in their 50's and 60's that is just not possible for any male Thai or faranag to develop in their 20's and 30's.

... and many of these girls d--mn well know it.

Edited by JLCrab

4 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

I have made the relevant points that needed to be made. No point continuing the discussion it seems (from my end). 

If people want to continue to live a life of bitterness and jealousy based on a few examples that is completely up to them. It is the exact reason why many farang won't go to the farang hangouts. Less moaning happens in hair salons than farang pubs in Thailand lol. 

Enjoy that :). 

2 cliches in one sentence used frequently to be insulting to Posters with a different opinion. I for one am neither bitter nor jealous and please tell me in the Post from Maejo  (that you are responding to) where is there any evidence of him being bitter or jealous?