Video: Road rage - this time motorcyclist has a knife AND a gun

webfact

Video: Road rage - this time motorcyclist has a knife AND a gun

3am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Footage posted on Facebook showed the latest road rage incident in Thailand that happened in Nakorn Sawan.

The 33 second clip shows an enraged motorcyclist rapping on the roof of a white Camry who he believes has cut in front of him earlier.

He uses the knife to hit the door and roof of the Camry - then produces a gun from his waistband to threaten the driver of the car before walking off.

The incident happened at a red light on Route 117.

But the motorcyclist - believed to be drunk - had got the wrong car. The earlier incident had involved a Honda City or a Mazda, not a Camry.

The Camry driver reported the matter to the police.

Thanupong Saengseu of Muang Nakorn Sawan police said they were hunting the man with the knife and gun.

The footage was posted on the "Khao Nakorn Sawan" fan page.

Picture: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-09

You get in to your car or on your motorcycle to go somewhere and you

never know what nuts cases you'll meet on your way to get there,

and not necessarily all your fault, but go and tell that that to the

many unstable people out there driving and riding withe a huge

anger issues....

13 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

What is this? The Thailand branch of the New York Post?? This type of thing certainly happens in the USA where I'm from and I assume all over the world. Ho hum!

Yep, road rage in the US is usually swift, direct & violent. Never hear of guys walking around yelling & waving machetes. Difference here is ego with the anger. Man with the big knife parading around, yelling, demanding respect = big boss. So he would like to think.

Entertaining as it is, something has to be done about this sh!t.

14 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

But Dan...the usa driver wasn't carrying a knife and drunk....

so it's alright here b/c it happens elsewhere?

For what it is worth, I don't think this type of behavior happens in my home country.  Although there may be very few exceptions. 

Key is to have good drivers education, enforced traffic rules (including harsh DUI penalties), and dare I say it a working gun control. 

I certainly agree with the other comments about how wrong this road rage is.  But what I can't understand is why the people with the dash cam didn't drive away from the violence as soon as it started.  I would never have stayed around to possibly be involved in the violence.

1) crime happens all over the world

2) the difference is that in other countries waving a machete or a gun means you are in a LOT of trouble (using it or firing it means long jail-term)
In Thailand you get in more trouble for feeding the fish (and now smoking on the beach) then waving a sword or a gun. :shock1:

I am SICK of the news saying he made a wei (apology) and was fined 500bht.... there is NO deterrent here. :sorry:

3) CONCLUSION - in Thailand life and dangerous behaviour is not important but smoking and fish feeding are....

CRAZY

CRAZY

CRAZY

Edited by TheMacMan
spelling

2 hours ago, r136dg said:

Yep, road rage in the US is usually swift, direct & violent. Never hear of guys walking around yelling & waving machetes. Difference here is ego with the anger. Man with the big knife parading around, yelling, demanding respect = big boss. So he would like to think.

Entertaining as it is, something has to be done about this sh!t.The USA 

2 hours ago, generealty said:

Dan- it certainly doesn't happen where I come from in the UK and in my 62 years on this planet having worked in many countries have I ever seen it. Even if it does happen where you come from, certainly doesn't make it right !

Did you see anything in what I wrote that said I thought it was right?? I'm just saying its by no means confined to Thailand. This stuff just happens. As for machetes versus guns, I'd much prefer crazy people with machetes to guns. The use of guns in the USA might have something to do with the number of guns. The USA has the largest number of guns per capita of any country of more than 10 million people other than Yeman.

2 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Another delusional "big shot" with an untreated mental illness in a country that has little capacity to recognise the issue and even less means to start dealing with it. This time bomb will keep ticking.

Another god damn Thai basher. These types of articles bring them out of the woodwork. 

3 hours ago, Dan5 said:

What is this? The Thailand branch of the New York Post?? This type of thing certainly happens in the USA where I'm from and I assume all over the world. Ho hum!

The difference is that in America if they catch you you actually get punished.  Driving drunk, brandishing a weapon, not minor offenses even in NYC

3 hours ago, Dan5 said:

About a month ago there was a story in the USA about a guy shooting and killing a child in another car because the driver cut into his lane. Crazy thing happen a lot all over the world.

No-one has written that it only happens here. This is a forum about Thailand. That is why it is reported and commented upon here. It really shouldn't be too difficult to understand that.

20 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

The difference is that in America if they catch you you actually get punished.  Driving drunk, brandishing a weapon, not minor offenses even in NYC

Exactly. Those who road rage in the US usually hit hard and evade for fear of getting caught. Serious jail time for those kinds of threats to society keeps most nut bags at bay. Unlike here where there is absolutely no deterrent. 

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

You get in to your car or on your motorcycle to go somewhere and you

never know what nuts cases you'll meet on your way to get there,

and not necessarily all your fault, but go and tell that that to the

many unstable people out there driving and riding withe a huge

anger issues....

disturbing we have to share the roads with nutcases like this; wonder how many closet nutcases there really are, but that too is disturbing