King Power rejects corruption lawsuit

webfact

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I wasn’t surprised. Just bewildered by someone who says they don’t care about others’ opinions on them, or about others’ opinions on the integrity of a company, would be so vitriolic about the very opinions they said they didn’t care about. 

Don't know what vitriolic means, do you?  My comments were nowhere near vitriolic.

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I wasn’t surprised. Just bewildered by someone who says they don’t care about others’ opinions on them, or about others’ opinions on the integrity of a company, would be so vitriolic about the very opinions they said they didn’t care about. 

What I'm bewildered about is why you are continuing to ignore my comment about your trying to make me appear hypocritical by wrongly quoting me as referring to the company as "thieves".  Any progress on finding that quote of "mine"?

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Don't know what vitriolic means, do you?  My comments were nowhere near vitriolic.

Virtriolic meaning bitter. Yes, when you strongly say you don’t care about others’ opinions but you clearly do, you come across as bitter and just looking for an argument. Also, angry. 

Let’s get back to the main point. I don’t think the King Power people are good people. Many do. Many think they’re good people based purely off the fact they bought some football fans some pies and beers. This was the whole point of my original post.

You believe the king power people do be? I really don’t care. Even less now I’ve had the misfortune of reading your replies to me and others. And evidently with your petulant posts, many others don’t care either. 

Vitriolic - ‘filled with bitter criticism or malice’. I think that sums up your posts perfectly. Throw sad in there too. 

20 hours ago, khunOo said:

King Power is a monopoly like True. They have deep pockets and will pay to make this case go away.

Then they will continue to fleece/rip off customers with sub-standard service and high prices.

Letting foreign competitors enter the market would be the solution for duty free and satellite/mobile services. But the richest, most powerful Thai families will never let that happen.

TIT

Foreign companies like DTAC?

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Virtriolic meaning bitter. Yes, when you strongly say you don’t care about others’ opinions but you clearly do, you come across as bitter and just looking for an argument. Also, angry.

Vitriolic - ‘filled with bitter criticism or malice’. I think that sums up your posts perfectly. Throw sad in there too. 

When I said that I don't care, I was not talking about "other's" opinions in general, I was referring only to your comment about myself in this particular thread and I didn't say anything "strongly".  If you choose to interpret that as bitter, angry, malicious, argumentative and sad then that is your prerogative to go over the top with indignant reaction.  It's just your opinion, that happens to be wrong in this case, again.

What about your "thieves" remark, have you got the decency to address it?  At least I'm not accusing you of making an unjustified, offensive accusation about a 3rd party, as you are of me.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

When I said that I don't care, I was not talking about "other's" opinions in general, I was referring only to your comment about myself in this particular thread and I didn't say anything "strongly".  If you choose to interpret that as bitter, angry, malicious, argumentative and sad then that is your prerogative to go over the top with indignant reaction.  It's just your opinion, that happens to be wrong in this case, again.

So stop banging on about it then. It's that simple. 

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

What about your "thieves" remark, have you got the decency to address it?  At least I'm not accusing you of making an unjustified, offensive accusation about a 3rd party, as you are of me.

I never once stated that you called them thieves. 

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So stop banging on about it then. It's that simple. 

I never once stated that you called them thieves. 

Your post #23 to me..."You did quote them as 'thieves' in an earlier post though, right?"   What other interpretation could you put on that?

Now you're exaggerating again, I'm responding to your comments, not "banging on about it", that's your way of doing things.  If you can't take a response, don't address remarks to me constantly.

Just now, Just Weird said:

Your post #23 to me..."You did quote them as 'thieves' in an earlier post though, right?"   What other interpretation could you put on that?

See the thing at the end of the sentence that is underlined? It's called a question mark.

I asked a question. I didn't make a statement. 

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Those bogus charges that were not instigated by King Power as a company, you mean?

Andrew Drummond reports online that over 160 tourists have been scammed by King Power over the past few months. Sales staff have called police after tourist have wandered out of their sales area in the kilometer-long gauntlet of duty-free shop.

Admittedly old stuff from 2009 BUT .....

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

Andrew Drummond reports online that over 160 tourists have been scammed by King Power over the past few months. Sales staff have called police after tourist have wandered out of their sales area in the kilometer-long gauntlet of duty-free shop.

Admittedly old stuff from 2009 BUT .....

That was the sales staff allegedly planting unpaid-for items , it was not the company policy.  And don't rely on everything that Drummond used to report on as being accurate.

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

See the thing at the end of the sentence that is underlined? It's called a question mark.

I asked a question. I didn't make a statement. 

In the form that you presented it, that was not a question and it wasn't meant to be a question, as you well know.   You were stating, wrongly,  that I'd said that and the word "right" after the comma was a dig suggesting I was a hypocrite.  That's why it took you so long to respond.  If what you just posted was what you originally meant you'd have come straight back at me when I first embarrassed you.

I'll leave it to you to have the last word.

Edited by Just Weird

If somone sells something that is more than it is worth, they are like  a thief, and with King Power

being the only company at a lot of duty frees, what else should they be called.  Is those insulted

by that expression working for King Power perhaps?

Geezer

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

In the form that you presented it, that was not a question and it wasn't meant to be a question, as you well know.   You were stating, wrongly,  that I'd said that and the word "right" after the comma was a dig suggesting I was a hypocrite.  That's why it took you so long to respond.  If what you just posted was what you originally meant you'd have come straight back at me when I first embarrassed you.

I'll leave it to you to have the last word.

Whether you think it was a question or was presented as a statement is neither here nor there. It’s your opinion which I couldn’t care less about. 

Fact of the matter is I asked you a question. I didn’t make a statement. 

Next.....

Edited by rkidlad