Pattaya ready for International Boat Show as 90% of hotel rooms booked

webfact

Where does this nonsense come from? 

I have been into Agoda and Bookings.com and there are thousands of heavily discounted hotel, guesthouse and B@B rooms available in Pattaya and Jomtien over the next two weeks.

Edited by Rimmer
Troll text removed

1 hour ago, balo said:

Actually it feels like there are more people in the city now, or maybe I am just imagining it.

I agree, especially from Europe where the cold weather is setting in. Similar colder weather in S Korea, Japan and the more northerly parts of China.

Are they all here specifically for the naval events? I doubt it.

18 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

More bloody traffic chaos:sad:

Perhaps they should have an unannounced tunnel closure again like they did last week that caught me out!

I had booked a hotel room, but for the Fireworks Competition. Then that was cancelled, so I also cancelled the room. Next I hear of this 'Boat Show' and am told a firework display will be part of the itinerary. Really don't know what is going on but probably best to stay out of town!

I'll try to get more info, but might be in Thai only...and who knows...might be wrong! LOL

http://nwnt.prd.go.th/CenterWeb/NewsEN/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSOC6011150010004

The International Fleet Review is taking place from 13-22 November 2017. There will be parades of international naval officers, a carnival to promote culture and tourism and a fireworks display to celebrate the 50th anniversary of ASEAN.

I'll try to get more info, but might be in Thai only...and who knows...might be wrong! LOL

http://nwnt.prd.go.th/CenterWeb/NewsEN/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSOC6011150010004
The International Fleet Review is taking place from 13-22 November 2017. There will be parades of international naval officers, a carnival to promote culture and tourism and a fireworks display to celebrate the 50th anniversary of ASEAN.

This is typical Thailand they have managed to get something as big as this then don't advertise what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

At Bali Hai Pier ??? :cheesy:

No - the Boat Show is in Ocean Marina, some 15kms eastward , Amphoe Sattahip 555

There is an annual boat show at Ocean Marina coming up.  And many navy boats from a variety of nations will be on display right off Bali Hai pier this week. 

18 hours ago, Here It Is said:

90% occupancy?  

A quick scan of Agoda is showing a proliferation of heavily discounted hotel rooms.  Who writes this nonsense?

Sanpetch Suphabawornsathian   The Head of the Hotelleirs Association of the Eastern Seaboard write it.........he is well connected in Pattaya :cheesy:............   I think maybe only his hotel is 90% booked.........:partytime2:

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

There is an annual boat show at Ocean Marina coming up.  And many navy boats from a variety of nations will be on display right off Bali Hai pier this week. 

Yes ! I was sure that something would happen at Bali Hi !

But what about the construction of the new port ?

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

but the TV Junta nayers keep telling us Thailand is going down the gurgler   !!   :clap2:

I drove by several smaller hotels in South Jomtien and NaJomtien yesterday.  Many didn't have a single car in the parking lot.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

I drove by several smaller hotels in South Jomtien and NaJomtien yesterday.  Many didn't have a single car in the parking lot.

maybe they're all out driving around  ...   not sure .... but 90% are booked and the Pattaya News don't lie  :shock1:

Misleading headline. I thought it was about the city itself being ready, but just some rubbish about a certain group of hotels being booked.

Nothing about all the CC cameras working, traffic problems fixed, pedestrian crossing lights working, beach fully replenished, scammers arrested, snatch thieves in jail.

Soooooo, business as usual. What could possibly go wrong? :cheesy: x a million.

On 11/15/2017 at 6:00 PM, garbolino said:

THE world fireworks comp has been cancelled due to there being no budget for it !!

P.S. the fireworks Sunday were quite good.  Even with the bad weather.  Too bad they didn't deal with this better.  Not as good as the first year, but quite good.