Neighbor beaten to death after asking rowing couple to keep the noise down

webfact

Neighbor beaten to death after asking rowing couple to keep the noise down

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A neighbor trying to watch the nightly soaps had enough when a couple next door were arguing loudly.

So he got up and went next door to ask them to keep the noise down.

His neighbor then beat him to death with a heavy object and fled the scene on a motorbike with side attachment.

Police in Bang Pu, Samut Prakarn, are hunting a man called Saneh Thanoon aged 50.

Face down and in a pool of blood at the scene was 49 year old Bunkert Saensuk. When police turned over the corpse they saw that he had been hit repeatedly with a heavy object.

Another neighbor Yan Thomthong, 68, told the cops that Saneh, a coconut trader, had lived there for many years but after splitting up with his wife he moved away. However, he came back to see her sometimes and on this occasion a very noisy argument broke out.

The victim, he said, was trying to watch the evening soaps on TV and went over to ask them to please be quiet and respect the neighbors.

Yan then saw Saneh assaulting Bunkert outside. It was dark so he couldn't tell what weapon he was using. He tried to tell him to stop but he wouldn't - Saneh ended up fleeing into the night.

Police have interviewed the wife and are seeking the murderer.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-21

Cautionary tale, a counterpoint to those who dish out advice to "man-up" and confront neighbors whose behavior is irritating. 

No matter how bad-ass you are, there's someone else who's badder, or just has less to lose.

Edited by impulse

Exactly why i am building a house on blocks of land that are owned by my Falang friend[in his wife's name] he has his house. another for sale, mine being built and a couple more plots for sale, we are out in the sticks mostly rice feilds around and the nearest Thai occupied houses a way away, His policy is he will only sell to Falangs& of course their Thai wives he explained that he did this because he did not want dogs roaming everywhere,rubbish everywhere ,burning rubbish,charcoal production, and loud music ,parties and shouting no doubt i will cop it from the more Thai than Thai brigade,but after 6 years and having lived in village an now in the local town this is great for me as i hate noise and that thudding base cranked to max which once had pictures falling off my walls this story in the article shows what happens when you ask them to have a bit of consideration for others.

Wow..reminds one of that old joke...A drunk guy is showing some friends around his brand new apartment. In his Bed room a big brass gong sits next to the bed. What's that gong for?  the friend asks him. It's not  a gong,  the drunk replies. It's a talking clock.--Really?, How does it work? The drunk picks up a hammer, and gives the gong an ear-shattering pound, and steps back. Suddenly, someone on the other side of the apartment wall screams,

" YOU STUPID <deleted>!!..it's 3:30 in the bloody morning!"

7 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

there is a thai  couple living opposite me, they yell, scream, throw things every night.

so many times i have wanted to say something BUT 

its Thailand

I bet if you called the Thai coppers that the noise is too load they would have hung up. LMAO  Cops should be pre active not proactive like they are in Australia where they are there before trouble starts.

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Exactly why i am building a house on blocks of land that are owned by my Falang friend[in his wife's name] he has his house. another for sale, mine being built and a couple more plots for sale, we are out in the sticks mostly rice feilds around and the nearest Thai occupied houses a way away, His policy is he will only sell to Falangs& of course their Thai wives he explained that he did this because he did not want dogs roaming everywhere,rubbish everywhere ,burning rubbish,charcoal production, and loud music ,parties and shouting no doubt i will cop it from the more Thai than Thai brigade,but after 6 years and having lived in village an now in the local town this is great for me as i hate noise and that thudding base cranked to max which once had pictures falling off my walls this story in the article shows what happens when you ask them to have a bit of consideration for others.

what in god's name are you babbling on about??

rowing couple 

Hell, I thought they were exercise with a rowing machine and the constant back & forth movement bothered the idiot downstairs............my english comprehension has gone waay downhill since I joined TVF...............

1 hour ago, AllThaiedUp said:

I learned something new today ... "rowing" is not only done in a boat ... or on an exercise machine

Yes you can, row - disorderly dispute / argument, so row or rowing but with different pronunciation. 

Edited by Artisi

10 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

there is a thai  couple living opposite me, they yell, scream, throw things every night.

its Thailand

A guy i knew, westerner, living in nth issarn said he stopped buy glassware and crockery after about 3 or 4 sets had been broken...i would think youd need to speak to local headman and see if he will speak to them, shirly all the other neighbors dont like it.

11 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

its Thailand

So now you know how lucky you are. If you had told them to keep their voice down we wouldn't see your post here now would we?

For a long time I thought Anglo-saxons were homicidal until now, it appears the Thais beat them in this game. Well, no statistic to prove who is winner so we can only say "It appears"

10 hours ago, AllThaiedUp said:

I learned something new today ... "rowing" is not only done in a boat ... or on an exercise machine

It's the first thing that came to mind when I read the title. LOL> I do a lot of rowing at home on my Concept2 rower.