webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
13 minutes ago, baboon said:
I have a daughter here. It has plenty to do with me.

gonna be hard on your daughter if you're deported. and why are you even here? surely the best future for your daughters education is NOT in Thailand

What do you mean surely his daughter's education is not in Thailand? Are you saying that Thailand's education system is bad? Is that a criticism of the education minister? Is that a criticism of the person who chose the education minister? Explain yourself!!! Actually, who cares? Someone in government might infer that you're criticizing the government and deport 'you'.

Best say nothing. No gestures. No expressions. Happy days. 

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sadly (as I dont want to be deported) - but not unexpectedly - I have not met or spoken to one Thai person who still wants them in 

you need to get out more .....   near my village and in town at the markets many comment how they are satified with the way Thailand is being governed and they comment on how quickly the Thai-China high speed rail project has progressed and is actually going to happen ....  as before everything seemed to either take forever or was always put on the back burner.

3 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

dude you have a daughter! you don't want a better future for her? or does baboon come first.

I think you're "conscience" needs a spring clean

But according to you junta fanbois, Thailand has a rosy future. Make you're (sic) mind up...

44 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

most of the relentless over the top junta bashers are not in Thailand but Cambodia and OS.

It's the dummy TV sheep living inside thailand borders and bashing that are at risk.

Why any foreigner living here would attack its military regime is a mystery. I guess the prospect of being a martyr must be appealing

Wow. And here I thought steven100 was the only totally clueless poster on TV....:coffee1:

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

But according to you junta fanbois, Thailand has a rosy future. Make you're (sic) mind up...

They know the country is rotten to the core but can't stand to hear us 'sympathetic' farangs trying to help with our carefully considered constructive criticism.

TVF only represent a tiny portion of the online criticism of the junta. View the Thai social media space and you find stronger increasing anger and frustration of the junta behavior. Even main stream media and academics which were pro junta in the beginning have been critical of the junta. You going to jail them all? Those still hanging on to the junta coattails have really lose any sense of righteousness and wrongness of the junta's behavior. 

45 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.

34 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Nice one, Lupe . . . did you make that up yourself?

Good old WillyWobblyWoo . . . he can find anything. Here's another nice one from Mr Nietzsche and maybe even more appropriate to the present lack of Junta-cred:-

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

As others demonstrated, use the devices they just don't get: sarcasm and irony.

I have avoided using childish emoticons up till now and I refuse to start doing it just because some guy in a gold-lame lounge jacket can't tell the bloody difference between getting his chain jerked and getting his chain jerked.

17 minutes ago, thhMan said:

What a damn BULLY

I hope the world steps in and tells it like it is... 

Me too, but it won't happen - sadly. Authoritarianism is on the rise . Lots of muppets like Prayuth and his acolytes.

Mouth bigger than brain.

I heard that in USA these days, there are people who quite like the Donald. Likewise there are people in Thailand who like Prayuth.

Remarkable really.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Problem is, people here are their own worst enemies. They will spit feathers in private but as soon as Anybody Frightfully Important from Bangkok shows up at their town or village, there they will be, fawning, grovelling and looking for pats on the head. This is why I have more or less lost patience with them - 'Nobody else gives a crap so why should I?'

Don't mistake a lack of civil disobedience or general public outcry for inertia.

Those people are the "sea".

Don't expect them to overtly oppose the Junta or jeopardise their own ability to support the "fish".

Not you, me, or anyone else using this forum, know who the fish are, even though they daily swim around us.

We will be the last to know.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They were told by Prayut to strictly enforce the new Computer Crime Bill, which punishes online dissemination of information “deemed controversial to national security

what does that mean ? means anything they want it to mean; true hallmark flaw of a military govt; total unquestioning disregard and retributive behavior given any criticism

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I doubt we will fall under their watchful eyes, but who knows? As others demonstrated, use the devices they just don't get: sarcasm and irony. Possibility they will add volunteer thought police for expats who want a spiffy uniform and false feeling of importance to flag those expats who dare speak their minds

They can stop people writing, but they haven't yet found a way to stop people having an opinion and talking in private.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

you need to get out more .....   near my village and in town at the markets many comment how they are satified with the way Thailand is being governed and they comment on how quickly the Thai-China high speed rail project has progressed and is actually going to happen ....  as before everything seemed to either take forever or was always put on the back burner.

I think that you had better get out of the Officers mess in Bangkok and get yourself out more. Your comments are getting as comical as your masters friday night comedy show. By the way are you his script writer ? Who is going to pay for all his follies ? I pity whoever has to govern this country in the future as they will have no say in it, and have to clear up the debts to satisfy the cravings of one man !

16 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

I heard that in USA these days, there are people who quite like the Donald. Likewise there are people in Thailand who like Prayuth.

Oh yeah? Only those that've been paid to say so . . . or been threatened with having to spend a minute within smelling distance.

1 minute ago, Ossy said:

Oh yeah? Only those that've been paid to say so . . . or been threatened with having to spend a minute within smelling distance.

Personally I agree with you, and indeed I was surprised, but there do seem to be some - presumably otherwise intelligent folk on TV who think the man is just wunnerful.

Never can tell I suppose...

14 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

what does that mean ? means anything they want it to mean; true hallmark flaw of a military govt; total unquestioning disregard and retributive behavior given any criticism

It means they're running scared . . . that's what it means.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They were told by Prayut to strictly enforce the new Computer Crime Bill, which punishes online dissemination of information “deemed controversial to national security”.

Even if they are factually accurate, one presumes...

Edited by Bluespunk