What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2019 at 11:46 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I assume 'some power' is required once the ignition is powered off... the unit doesn't shut off immediately but needs to write files etc...  I'm not sure if the unit has an internal battery for this, or if it relies on the bikes battery

(there are 3 cables to wire in the Camera unit - 1 to the negative, the Live into the fuse and 1 directly to the live battery terminal)

I'm not certain, but suspect that if there is any 'over ride' it may result in corrupt files when turning off the ignition and now powering down the camera unit properly. 

Well found the bike battery dead yesterday, ordered one of these up, still not happy to find the battery drained though.....Grrrr!!!

FOXSUR-12V-5A-Pulse-Repair-Charger-with-

21 hours ago, ocddave said:

Well found the bike battery dead yesterday, ordered one of these up, still not happy to find the battery drained though.....Grrrr!!!

FOXSUR-12V-5A-Pulse-Repair-Charger-with-

This thing worked perfectly, about 5 hours from dead to fully charged......even has an internal cooling fan...NICE!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ocddave said:

This thing worked perfectly, about 5 hours from dead to fully charged......even has an internal cooling fan...NICE!

Where did you order it from. Lazada?...,,,I got a couple of car batteries that I’m struggling to get fully charged

12 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Where did you order it from. Lazada?...,,,I got a couple of car batteries that I’m struggling to get fully charged

Yes, ordered it from Lazada, I think 490 baht, I am happy so far ????

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/foxsur-pulse-repair-charger-12v-4-100ah-model-fbc1205d-i230425244-s352865062.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.7.489267a7XycPMm&search=1

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Nice I see he has a few different types will get one ordered tommorow????

• 1 month later...

2008 cbr150, nearly 50Kkm.

fav

changed oil a few days ago,

Amsoil B500/qt. installed

yesterday afternoon noticed a weird sound from the engine.

Oil level okay.

Took to mech shop today;

replaced a part "lifting"?

Looks like an end part of the cam assembly.

20 minutes, B650

cbr part.jpg

cbr cam shaft part.png

Name that part.

Edited by papa al

Last trip from Blighty i bought some nice bar end mirrors, and genuine and pattern copy Biltwell h/bar grips for my street bikes and my lad's KSR.

When fitting h/bar grips with bar end weights or mirrors, you need to open the closed end.

First pair i did with a Stanley knife.

They worked, but the hole was naff.

Although once fitted nobody could see it, i knew it was there.

So i looked on the net, and lo and behold there is a tool for it (just like there is a tool for everything).

A threaded drift with two mandrels, 1" and 7/8", for throttle side and L/H side, that screw onto said drift.

One hit with a hammer and hey presto - neat round hole in the end.

Prices range from $17 -$20ish. Not bad, but postage to here was $39 and i aint paying that.

Time to get in the shed and get creative...

002.thumb.jpg.8692854d861b63509c5399970c95b768.jpg003.thumb.jpg.f6f93c47ad267fa6e5ff1a49904cb4ff.jpg

• Like 1

I fit my grips , leave overnight to fully cure , then , using a scalpel / long slim hobby knife , cut out the end using the end of the bar as a guide. Or buy "lock-ons".

Edited by ktm jeff

On 11/25/2017 at 10:12 AM, Kwasaki said:

I clean it again because I'm trying to sell it. :biggrin:

I want to get a CRF250 to sling on the back of the truck.

I know someone who fell of his last week , second time this year now going on to cars.  Wants to sell it. 

Where you live ?

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

I know someone who fell of his last week , second time this year now going on to cars.  Wants to sell it. 

Where you live ?

I posted that over a year & half ago sold my Versys and bought a CRF and now selling the 18 month old CRF250L because I want to get a sportsbike again. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 9:19 AM, Kwasaki said:

Was delivered yesterday and rode it for the first time,  got the tyre pressures right from what they were 52 & 36.:biggrin:

Torque wrench use is not the only thing.

New mia noi safe in kitchen. :thumbsup:

24899819_10156004246600990_8031778744051695268_n.jpg.bbce7d18faf340d1573b39c503157369.jpg

Selling it now, good bike but want a sportsbike.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, johng said:

Where's the ash tray ?

I've still got an ashtray from the last Lufthansa flight where smoking was still allowed. I thought, well they won't need them anymore. 

( I don't have it attached to the bike, because I usually don't smoke when riding.) 

plane ashtray.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 10:06 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I also fit the INNOVV K2, using the headlight bracket at the front and the luggage rack at the rear. The biggest part of the job was running the cables (particularly from the front - I had to remove every piece of trim !)

While away for 4 weeks my battery had been drained (even though I did not have the cam in park mode it still drains some power - this is also covered as an issue on the INNOVV website / forum) - my solution is to rely on a CTEK battery tender while away for more than a couple of weeks. 

I just got done installing the replacement power converter (redesigned) that Rock Liu at INNOVV sent me, so here is to hoping that this battery drain issue is either mitigated, or gone forever.

• Like 1