What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Why, thank you kind Sir, and the same to you.

078.thumb.jpg.357e99816cfde415fc7a093a6b2a2ded.jpg

New, super, duper one way petrol taps fitted.

079.thumb.jpg.5391c9d472e939516b438fb0dbed4cd2.jpg080.thumb.jpg.56d7c7baa98efba43cb1cb25ba03cf57.jpg

Yonks ago rode my cousin bike he had a grea bike which looks similar looking did lots of mods to the Triumph engine, fuel tank and put it in a Norton frame and raced it. 

I knew they were called the Triton but always wondered what was wrong with the Triumph frame. ??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yonks ago rode my cousin bike he had a grea bike which looks similar looking did lots of mods to the Triumph engine, fuel tank and put it in a Norton frame and raced it. 

I knew they were called the Triton but always wondered what was wrong with the Triumph frame. ??

Pre 65 quite a lot.

Post 65 and especially post 67 not a lot wrong and they were all good handling bikes,

.... but,

Norton & BSA always made a better chassis. Especially in the 50's and early 60's.

But,

........ none of them made a twin cam engine as tuneable or as fast or as good looking as Triumph.

Hence Tritons and Tribsa's etc.

Edit,

those fuel spigots coming off the new taps in those photos are not rusty. In fact they cannot rust. It's just staining and the photos pick it all up.

Solly.

Edited by thaiguzzi
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Norton & BSA always made a better chassis. Especially in the 50's and early 60's.

But,

........ none of them made a twin cam engine as tuneable or as fast or as good looking as Triumph.

Hence Tritons and Tribsa's etc.

Edit,

those fuel spigots coming off the new taps in those photos are not rusty. In fact they cannot rust. It's just staining and the photos pick it all up.

Solly.

Off topic but sat on my bike yesterday and read Triumph supplying engines to Moto 2 instead of Honda. ????

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/triumph-moto2-motogp-daytona-765

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Mounted an Eloop power bank up under my fairing on my R3 to power my GoPro H7 for longer rides. 

Removed passenger foot peg and stand and drawing up a design to relocate the exhaust hanger to remove other passenger peg and stand. No intention of having a passenger on this moto. 

Happy New Year.

• Like 1

Finally got on the road again after almost a month.

Doctor here suspects I have Degenerative Disc Disease in lower lumbar vertabrae. Not great news.

Research on the web, and asking around for non surgical procedures which will help it. All they recommend is stretching exercises, yoga, etc. Or cortazone shots, which would be ongoing and like applying a bandaid so I have found so far.

Getting Old is Not for the Faint of Heart. 555

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, canthai55 said:

Doctor here suspects I have Degenerative Disc Disease in lower lumbar vertabrae. Not great news.

Research on the web, and asking around for non surgical procedures which will help it. All they recommend is stretching exercises, yoga, etc. Or cortazone shots, which would be ongoing and like applying a bandaid so I have found so far.

If you can get access to a modern gym, with the new weight training machines that do lower back, lower core, sides (length and twist) and gluts, give it a try. I have a lower back tear. I lost weight, am very good at yoga, stretch a lot, and take massage. But weights is what worked for me.

The machines exercising your sides seem to really be the key. Those are the ones I had not seen before.

Good luck!

39 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

If you can get access to a modern gym, with the new weight training machines that do lower back, lower core, sides (length and twist) and gluts, give it a try. I have a lower back tear. I lost weight, am very good at yoga, stretch a lot, and take massage. But weights is what worked for me.

The machines exercising your sides seem to really be the key. Those are the ones I had not seen before.

Good luck!

Had a back injury myself and rotor cuff syndrome.  Signed up with Athlean X program, back is fixed, rotor cuff 80% better not to mention my over all shape and physique.  Now I just need my bike back.  So today, I thought about my bike!

• Like 1

So when fuel is left on in the Yamaha RZ-X  2T

guess the gas drains down thru carb into the crankcase and

bike won't start until that is all pumped out?

Does that sound right?

Seems holding the throttle full open is the procedure.

This can be exciting when pushing/bump-starting her down the street;

when she fires, beware whiskey throttle.

The oil drained from gear sump was bad looking,

murky metal-flake gray.

And the fluid drained from the fork looked almost as bad.

Anyway happy ending.

So when fuel is left on in the Yamaha RZ-X  2T
guess the gas drains down thru carb into the crankcase and
bike won't start until that is all pumped out?

Once I had that happen bike wouldn't start..for love or money.
I ended up taking the carb off (cleaned float bowl but not replaced)
and continued trying to kick start all the fuel out
when suddenly the thing burst into life at full throttle (with no carb ) frightened the life out of me and some passersbys,thank the Buddha for the kill switch. [emoji33]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, canthai55 said:

Blown Away Fitness on youtube.

I had back issue and used Athlean X program.  Near enough gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Cleaned all the oil off it.

Returning from Doi Khun Tan they were prepping the road for new asphalt. Final grade and packing done. They then spread oil - not Tack as we use in the west - this looked like used motor oil mixed with W.T.F. - !!! Both lanes, some in puddles in the low spots, nowhere else to ride, slow as you can and the tires still kick it up.

Thankfully I have alloys or would still be cleaning all the spokes.

Edited by canthai55

16 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Could never stand 'beach bars'

Re: tire, remove from rim, patch inside, good to go.

Supertrapps !!!

Yeah, well, i showed 'em love for the last 19 odd years.

They've taken me on 5000 kms plus tours round Europe inc the Alps and Italy and down to the factory at Lake Como - Mandello Del Lario.

Taken me to CM and back twice over 1500 kms here.

Taken me all over the NE.

And they were made for me by one of my employees, back in the day.

A set of 1" Harley custom beach bars, cut in the right places and rewelded with 7/8" for the clamps and controls. Then powdercoated.

That was 99 or 2000.

So, like most stuff i own, they have sentimental value.

However....

80mph is your MAX all day cruising speed.

I aint no 30 or 40 something spring chicken no more.

They give me arse ache after 100 odd kms.

I'm old.

Rephrase that - i'm older.

I'm more sensible.

My tastes have changed. Slightly.

Time to put narrower, more sensible bars on that change my posture and take the weight off my arse.

May even put another inch or two into the seat.

But prolly not - that is going too far.

Tyre - removed from rim yesterday, came off surprisingly easy.

Will show it to my Thai mechanic mate and car tubeless tire fitting (plug holes) shop tomorrow for their opinion.

I'm not too anti tubes in a tubeless tire.

Will keep you informed. Thanx.

Supertapps ! Yeah, damn right!

94199-e0756f48747661287f3dd3f487abab9f.jpg.63bd38a2b944185a600c0635cc1a3f42.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Could never stand 'beach bars'

Re: tire, remove from rim, patch inside, good to go.

Supertrapps !!!

I'm not that genned up on tubeless tyres.

What's your opinion on plugging (like a car tyre i presume) a m/c tubeless tyre from the inside?

2 small 1" nail holes.

I've heard road side emergency tubeless tyre repairs can be plugged from the outside, hence their popularity.

Tyre is off the rim awaiting repair tomorrow.

I am quite happy to stick an 18" tube in there myself.