What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

On 3/14/2019 at 6:08 PM, ocddave said:

Finally got my INNOVV K2 motorcycle camera system (dashcam) installed, ended up using the right side blinkers on my Suzuki SV650X to secure the camera's, seemed to work perfectly (I also added some 243 threadlocker to the blinker bolt threads to make sure they stay put). I had to cut a slot in the rear fender to slide the camera bracket down thru, and also had to increase the wiring harness hole for the rear lighting system (used a Dremel for both holes), so I could sneak the camera cable up into the battery area under the seat. So the main unit rests under the seat, has no trouble sending the  video back to my Note 9, so its working perfectly! Next up is some extended tests to see if everything stays put and keeps working, but so far I am happy ????

I also fit the INNOVV K2, using the headlight bracket at the front and the luggage rack at the rear. The biggest part of the job was running the cables (particularly from the front - I had to remove every piece of trim !)

While away for 4 weeks my battery had been drained (even though I did not have the cam in park mode it still drains some power - this is also covered as an issue on the INNOVV website / forum) - my solution is to rely on a CTEK battery tender while away for more than a couple of weeks. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 18.56.14.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 18.56.39.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I also fit the INNOVV K2, using the headlight bracket at the front and the luggage rack at the rear. The biggest part of the job was running the cables (particularly from the front - I had to remove every piece of trim !)

While away for 4 weeks my battery had been drained (even though I did not have the cam in park mode it still drains some power - this is also covered as an issue on the INNOVV website / forum) - my solution is to rely on a CTEK battery tender while away for more than a couple of weeks. 

Yikes! Didn't realize that was an issue.....but couldn't you just remove the inline fuse from the 12v->5v converter? 

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What's the video quality like when there's a lot of vibration? 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:43 PM, ocddave said:

Yikes! Didn't realize that was an issue.....but couldn't you just remove the inline fuse from the 12v->5v converter? 

I assume 'some power' is required once the ignition is powered off... the unit doesn't shut off immediately but needs to write files etc...  I'm not sure if the unit has an internal battery for this, or if it relies on the bikes battery

(there are 3 cables to wire in the Camera unit - 1 to the negative, the Live into the fuse and 1 directly to the live battery terminal)

I'm not certain, but suspect that if there is any 'over ride' it may result in corrupt files when turning off the ignition and now powering down the camera unit properly. 

On 3/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, ballpoint said:

What's the video quality like when there's a lot of vibration? 

My bike is 313cc single cylinder... there is some vibration from the bike anyway... The camera seems to do a decent job of soothing out the vibration, but its still there. I don't think any camera can completely get rid of this. 

The vibration is not so bad you can't make out the number plates of other vehicles etc.... 

Opinions on this are subjective - I'll post a video when I get a chance.

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My bike is 313cc single cylinder... there is some vibration from the bike anyway... The camera seems to do a decent job of soothing out the vibration, but its still there. I don't think any camera can completely get rid of this. 

The vibration is not so bad you can't make out the number plates of other vehicles etc.... 

Opinions on this are subjective - I'll post a video when I get a chance.

Drift is the only way for near vibration free.  The problem with Action cams is their mounts.  I have GoPro, Sony X3000 and my 3-4 year old drift produces better picture than any when mounted to the bike.  Mounted to the body is a different matter.  This is off road traveling 120kph plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAg_7mcuiKI&t=25s

13 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Drift is the only way for near vibration free.  The problem with Action cams is their mounts.  I have GoPro, Sony X3000 and my 3-4 year old drift produces better picture than any when mounted to the bike.  Mounted to the body is a different matter.  This is off road traveling 120kph plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAg_7mcuiKI&t=25s

papa clicked to see the 120kph but you were only baiting.

are you a novice at baiting?

Or a master baiter?

1 hour ago, papa al said:

papa clicked to see the 120kph but you were only baiting.

are you a novice at baiting?

Or a master baiter?

Not baiting at all.  If I was baiting, I'd post all my other videos whether you'd like them or not.  The question asked was about vibration.  As I have most common cameras currently available (GP Sony, Drift DJI),  I am simply stating Drift is the best cam for a bike for vibe free vids.  

Think what you want, but I've been a member here long enough I think.  You is goo goo ga ga windup merchant!

Was out on the 939 Ducati all day giving it the beans.

Bike has had a warning light on and off for a while which turned out to be a faulty throttle sensor so got that changed also (at Korat Ducati).

Set Traction Control to the lowest setting and enjoyed spinning the rear out of slow sharp corners.

Bliss

3 hours ago, soihok said:

Set Traction Control to the lowest setting and enjoyed spinning the rear out of slow sharp corners.

Bliss

Do miss that. I'm suitably envious right now ????

Where were the roads you were enjoying? Some of my favourite roads of that style are the 1268 around Phu Suan Sai National park and then onto the 2294 around Phu Ruea National Park near the Loei, Phitsanalok, Uttaradit, Laos borders.

Great road surface, little traffic, often good viewing ahead. Can even get the 500's wheels drifting slightly at times.  Your Duke would be a dream.

6000km service done on the XSR900 today at Yamaha big bike Pattaya, 1845 baht. Would had been 9975 if I had choosed some super fancy lub oil (<deleted>!).

Yamaha big bike Pattaya much better than Kawa big bike Pattaya (same owner), Yamaha not so busy as Kawa, polite staff, not really the case at Kawa.

I asked if a quick shifter can be fitted on my bike and the mechanic called Yamaha head-office BKK and they told the mec. to check for a certain plug/connection. Off with the tank cover and check, no don't have it. They told me to buy an aftermarket one and they will fit it, but have to wait one year to keep the 2 year warranty period intact.

They further told me that the XSR is not restricted as some Tracer GT900 have been, the 2018 GT is apparently limited to 190km/h according to one expat owner on expats riders group FB, so he will have to visit Red baron or similar to get a re-flash as Yamaha will not do it, maybe 25-30k baht.

Forgot to add: At Yamaha the washed my bike and blew it over with air before the service. Kawasaki: ha-ha keep on dreaming buddy.

11 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Do miss that. I'm suitably envious right now ????

Where were the roads you were enjoying? Some of my favourite roads of that style are the 1268 around Phu Suan Sai National park and then onto the 2294 around Phu Ruea National Park near the Loei, Phitsanalok, Uttaradit, Laos borders.

Great road surface, little traffic, often good viewing ahead. Can even get the 500's wheels drifting slightly at times.  Your Duke would be a dream.

Khao Yai to Korat.

awesome time.

I love my Ducati.

12 hours ago, soihok said:

Bought 5 MotoGP tickets along the way too.

You could say I am an extremely happy chap.

I just sold my 939 Motard, i do a lot of touring and wanted something with a better fuel range, bike's a riot though for day trips.

Did you manage to find accomadation in Buriram for the GP? I've looked before and it's been a real problem, handy if you've friends in the area...

Suggest to do a day trip from a hotel in Korat. The circuit is about 140km from Korat.

Loads and loads of places there and more on offer than Buriram.

The 939 is an awesome bike. I just use it for fun and nipping down the shops on. Only get to use it for a few weeks a year as work outside Thailand (Singapore).

Ride an MT09 daily in Singapore but it's not a good a bike as the Ducati.

Saying that, the MT hasn't let me down over the 4.5 years I've owned it.

Had a traffic light drag race against an MT09 last year coming back from the Motogp. MT was slightly ahead.

Great times.....

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

I just sold my 939 Motard, i do a lot of touring and wanted something with a better fuel range, bike's a riot though for day trips.

Did you manage to find accomadation in Buriram for the GP? I've looked before and it's been a real problem, handy if you've friends in the area...

So what bike did you get?

4 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

So what bike did you get?

MS 950 touring. Nowhere near as aggressive as the Motard but a helluva lot more comfortable, fuel range is about 320-350kms per tank, works for me. Massive suitcases to bung on the sides as well for longer trips.

I also never liked trying to feather the clutch on motard in traffic, no matter what is seemed to do it was always jumpy.

I had them both for about 6-7 months but i could not justify keeping both, i'd rather someone else had the motard to enjoy than myself doing the odd day trip.

What did you to your bike....

Checked and fixed tire pressure, as I have to do everytime I go to any garage - this last time to install a custom made mud mudguard.

Each time in a garage, funny random tire pressures. Why the h*ll? This time front was 40psi and rear 24!! <deleted>

People living here for a long time, do you know a polite way to say "please don't bother with my tires unless you are going to use a good manometer" without doing the owner/worker to (feel to) lose face?

1 hour ago, aremesal said:

What did you to your bike....

Checked and fixed tire pressure, as I have to do everytime I go to any garage - this last time to install a custom made mud mudguard.

Each time in a garage, funny random tire pressures. Why the h*ll? This time front was 40psi and rear 24!! <deleted>

People living here for a long time, do you know a polite way to say "please don't bother with my tires unless you are going to use a good manometer" without doing the owner/worker to (feel to) lose face?

Thankfully there is a bike tire shop pretty close to my house and they have top notch pressure set equipment where they set the pressure before they connect the air hose.

Go there once a month with 1 big bike and 2 scooters, 10 baht per visit.

I do have my own gauge and a electric comp that runs from my trucks cigarette power outlet but I find it very cumbersome.

Yes the small road side bike shops are terrible in this regard, they just pump until they "feel" the pressure is right, not something you want to be reliant on, especially on a big bike.

8 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Hand them a tire gauge

and say:

samsip psi noikrup; 

==> smile.

Works 100%.

Only 2 days left in my current trip home, leave on Sunday back to Singapore and work. Don’t do much to the MT 09 there other than ride it and clean it.

So yesterday- removed the decibel killer in Akra end can on the 939. Not much of a difference in noise but can get blue flames out of it when blipping the throttle (quite amusing in the dark but I guess the neighbours aren’t impressed). Kids like it though.

13 minutes ago, soihok said:

Only 2 days left in my current trip home, leave on Sunday back to Singapore and work. Don’t do much to the MT 09 there other than ride it and clean it.

So yesterday- removed the decibel killer in Akra end can on the 939. Not much of a difference in noise but can get blue flames out of it when blipping the throttle (quite amusing in the dark but I guess the neighbours aren’t impressed). Kids like it though.

Glad you're enjoying the Duc, we have similar taste in bikes!

Interesting that the db killer didn't make much difference. My 899 (Termignoni pipes) was ridiculously loud without the DB killer in there, I mean totally offensive - it would set off security alarms as I drove past parked cars. I put the DB killers in after a couple of days and it made loads of difference, still loud enough to let people know you are there (and sounds awesome over 6k rpm with the throttle WFO) but not so loud that you wake up the entire neighbourhood when you set off early.  

14 hours ago, papa al said:

maybe out of balance

tires

or mind

Whatever frame of mind I'm in the bars only start to shake after 125 kilo'ish, I wondered what other CRF owners find.

Never had knobbly tyres on the road before it's better with more psi in tyres and balance and alinement is fine.

I put it down to the perfect aerodynamics of the CRF. ????

Gonna put trailmax on when these knobbles are done.

Archived