PM Prayut tells a fisherman: “Do not raise your voice at me!”

webfact

16 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

The fisherman seems to believe that, if he's allowed to spend more days at sea, there will somehow be a magical increase in the number of fish available-to-be-caught, or in the price he gets when he sells them ? :wink:

The gobby Pattani fisherman (God bless him) already knows that the goverment's fisheries management and quota system is an ill-concieved, cobbling together of disparate ideas gleaned by well-paid but ultimately clueless civil servants from their well-funded jolllies to foreign countries ostensibly to investigate real-world solutions and their application in the Gulf of Thailand.

52 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Deflection. We're discussing the here and now, not the past. Why would I want to live in Laos? Is there freedom of speech in Laos?

No, but their coffee and baignettes are to die for.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This is what I posted...

"It's the Thai way. 'Superiors' can raise their voice at 'lessors' but not the other way 'round'."

You call this Thai bashing? I'm just commenting on Thai culture. So if I commented on how Thais wai their superiors and how superiors wai back, which is a lessor wai to a lessor person in status, this would be Thai bashing. Absolute rubbish. 

Please don't feed the troll.

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The inner man revealing himself yet again along with his short fuse. Parade ground behaviour in public is hardly dignified and certainly doesn't become him. Maybe signs of approaching male menopause.

As of raising your voice to get attention is the thing to do.

Quite disgusting behaviour, me first on show, adequately served off.

Well done, Mr Prayut.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

stop Thai bashing  !! .....      try raising your voice at a policeman in the US or someone of high statue in Japan ...    you'll probably be shot in both countries ...

..saying that, you could be shot for a lot less in Thailand.  (Was n't 5000baht the latest market price mentioned in ThaiVisa?)

29 minutes ago, Ossy said:

I wonder if, when he gets home in an evening, he asks his Mrs, "Tell me, darling . . . how is it possible for me to have become so hated, recently . . . and by nearly everyone, too? . . . That's what I can't understand. What do you think, darling?"

"There, there dear . . . just get stuck into those . . . they're those specially tasty frogs . . . like the one you kissed for the camera, the other week . . . remember, that time, when you were trying to show your 'human' side. And don't go spilling gravy down that nice white jacket . . . you look almost regal in that!"

at his regal best.jpg

I dare say he looks better, much better, as you do.

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The gobby Pattani fisherman (God bless him) already knows that the goverment's fisheries management and quota system is an ill-concieved, cobbling together of disparate ideas gleaned by well-paid but ultimately clueless civil servants from their well-funded jolllies to foreign countries ostensibly to investigate real-world solutions and their application in the Gulf of Thailand.

No, but their coffee and baignettes are to die for.

Are they what you get when you mix beignets and baguettes together in the grinder? Add a little flour and water, press into shape, 30 minutes at 180C and there you are . . . Lao baignettes. Excellent with their Arabica coffee, too . . . yes, seriously.

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea by raping the ocean now and the hell with everyone else. Prayut is doing the right thing.

The guy was totally impolite then you can expect this. I guess you were never taught not to shout or raise your voice when someone else is speaking

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

"impolite"... spare me. He's in politics, he needs to grow a pair. Is throwing banana peels polite?  Is telling a grieving family whose son was beaten to death that he was not "tough" polite? If the little man-child is gonna dish it out, he better learn to start taking it. And as for "raping" the ocean, Prayut is protecting the very people whose status has been obtained by raping the country and its people for decades. Prayut is not, and never has done the "right thing". He does not know right from wrong. His version of "right" is what is in his interests, and the interests of those he serves. End of story. 

31 minutes ago, hansnl said:

As of raising your voice to get attention is the thing to do.

Quite disgusting behaviour, me first on show, adequately served off.

Well done, Mr Prayut.

Huh? That's what Prayut does at almost every press conference when he doesn't like the questions he's asked.  Like the spoiled little intellectually-challenged brat that he is. People here are calling the fisherman and "idiot". I find that amusing in that it would pretty hard to find a bigger idiot than the man-child. Every time he speaks he proves this to be the case.

2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

I think he probably just wants to make a living.  Not something the likes of the man-child would ever understand with his billions stashed away. 

If he can’t make a living on going out 220 days a year, then the fish stocks must be dangerously low. 

Maybe the amount of days allowable should be reduced or number of permitted boats cut back further. 

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, Thian said:

That's the same in the western world...if i did that to my superiors i would get slapped in the face.

No it isn't. If a "superior" raised his/her voice to me, I would either file a formal complaint with HR or resign on the spot. If anyone in a working environment slapped me in the face, they'd get their teeth kicked down their throat... you should find a different place to work.

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

That's the same in the western world...if i did that to my superiors i would get slapped in the face.

I think you are mistaking the BDSM scene for the real world. Actually bosses in the west do not go round hitting subordinates. 

As usual we dont hear what he actually DOES say in Thai language.

Thai no different to any other language, can say something in many different ways but the words and delivery dont always match up to the English translate which might make it sound bad.

Besides the only thing for sure here is he says KRAP at the end 

So all forgiven.5555

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Only the PM can raise his voice at others. How dare they do it back!? Who do they think they are? His boss? 

I taught at University level and conducted Continuing Medical Education seminars for many years.  If I thought someone was rude, out of turn or inappropriate, I would "shut them down" or have them removed by security.  Fortunately it was rare but it did happen.

Edited by joeyg

The junta leader could have handle the situation much better. It show that he lacks empathy, patience and intelligence to be a good leader. On the topic of allowing more days, he could have provide a better reasoning and explanation of the Marine Fisheries Management Plan that comply with FAO and other international standards on the limits of fishing days. I doubt his even know the plan. He could even asked the fisherman what kind of fishing gears he is engaged as the vessel day scheme differs. No he didn't as he know nothing. He just a general who seized power and not accountable and has no time for the little people. 

Why not raise their voice General,  its about time someone did,  I make a moot point, it would be nice if the whole Thai nation raised its voice,  just a thought...................................................:coffee1:

Edited by chainarong

20 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I taught at University level and conducted Continuing Medical Education seminars for many years.  If I thought someone was rude, out of turn or inappropriate, I would "shut them down" or have them removed by security.  Fortunately it was rare but it did happen.

Sure, but as a 'politician' you have to appear to be humble. You're supposed to be dealing with real people with real struggles with a sympathizing ear. It's all about popularity and votes. Well, in a normal country anyway. 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

thailand is just such an awful place

Steven wash your mouth out. Thailand is a great place. It happens to have an awful leader. If you think Thailand is so awful Steven why don't you leave and find another country to live in. 

55 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Huh? That's what Prayut does at almost every press conference when he doesn't like the questions he's asked.  Like the spoiled little intellectually-challenged brat that he is. People here are calling the fisherman and "idiot". I find that amusing in that it would pretty hard to find a bigger idiot than the man-child. Every time he speaks he proves this to be the case.

Yikes! and I thought I detested the brat. I guess that makes you a 'very-detester'. Nice one, Stephen, but steady how you go. I know, via an Aussie chum of mine, that the police are making 'social calls' on farangs, checking passports, taking lots of mug-shots and asking about nick-names. I have to wonder whether such calls are solely overstay generated or in response to last week's internet clamp-down.

22 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Sure, but as a 'politician' you have to appear to be humble. You're supposed to be dealing with real people with real struggles with a sympathizing ear. It's all about popularity and votes. Well, in a normal country anyway. 

Which is why the premiership will be an utter nightmare for him after any election. When he would have to debate real people asking questions with a bit of bite to them. He is far too old and self-entitled to change his ways at this stage of the game, so it would be an utter train wreck...

3 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Sorry, am I missing something?

He told someone to shut their face while he was trying to explain something to the fisherman and others.

Personally I've no time for him, but how does this qualify for news?

Just grist to the mill. Done often enough, the populace will better understand how much of a catastrophe this man really is. The damage he has done and is doing to the international standing of Thailand doesn't bear thinking about. Bull in a china shop.